• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Footon Unbeatable?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
Maybe the designing of the kit was a stroke of genius as it has everybody talking and noticing them. Except for the Giro, you had to pay enough attention to notice they were in the race. I was certainly hoping Valls Ferri would catch Chavanel.

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Well done yesterday boys. Kit dismal but talent and moral high.
Clut status on the way. Met some them in Mallorca in April supporting the local events, Great bunch of guys. Kit worse in real life but i do remember an odd pink and purple Spanish number years ago but cant name the team.

Non of the pro kits are that great, footy sevro looks ok on my grannies black & white set.
Could we have a post about usual sponsors the owner or the insoles and hanger companies must be cyclists. :)

craig1985 said:
Maybe the designing of the kit was a stroke of genius as it has everybody talking and noticing them. Except for the Giro, you had to pay enough attention to notice they were in the race. I was certainly hoping Valls Ferri would catch Chavanel.

I've been saying this all season - frankly a lot of their achievements on the bike have been mediocre, but the sponsors are still getting plenty of mentions and you can always see their jerseys. The kit was marketing genius because it gives them more attention than their riders are often capable of garnering them. It's something that, like Castorama and Le Groupement, will be being posted in 'worst jersey ever' threads for the rest of time... a nice jersey would never get them THAT kind of exposure!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I have to admit Footon really surprised me in a positive way so far. Rafael Valls did great on stages 7 and 8, as did Eros Cappecchi. They might not have been at the very front, but still more than honourable results at a really tough stage.

Plus major probs to Fabio Felline. I still don't think it was a good idea to bring him to the Tour, but he looked really bad after his fall today and he still managed to survive and make it to the finish. That shows he is a fighter and is really serious about his Tour. I didn't appreciate his comments before the Tour, but maybe he was just being brutally realistic.

I hope they can keep up this good spirit and these good results! Based on their performance in this first week, I'll have to take everything back and say they deserve to be there.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
What did he say?

He said:

I even know how many stages I have to do. Well, in theory I’m here for ten stages but if I get tired before, I’m free to go home earlier and if I feel like doing one or two more, I can as well. I have no idea how I’ll go. I’ve never ridden my bike for more than 200 kilometres for two days in a row.

(from a CN article)

If you ask me, that was a very reasonable thing for a 20-year-old TdF debutant to say. It's almost a crime someone that young was made to start in the first place, so the least they could do was to make sure the guy felt no pressure and could retire at any time. He was in the crash today, right? I hope he takes that chance to call it quits, and if he doesn't (young riders are often overenthusiastic) I sure hope his DS forces him to do so.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
If you ask me, that was a very reasonable thing for a 20-year-old TdF debutant to say. It's almost a crime someone that young was made to start in the first place, so the least they could do was to make sure the guy felt no pressure and could retire at any time. He was in the crash today, right? I hope he takes that chance to call it quits, and if he doesn't (young riders are often overenthusiastic) I sure hope his DS forces him to do so.

Yeah you're absolutely right I'd say. He was surprisingly reasonable, it just came off to me as if though he didn't really want to do more stages. He proved me wrong though today by his fight to make the arrivée!

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Even though nothing was expected at all from this team I have to say it has been very nice to see them these guys attempt to do something over the last 2 days. Seeing Rafael having a go and now sitting 19th and coming over the line together with Capecchi - it is actually quite an acheivement. I honestly thought we were going to see them drop off quicker than BMC in the Giro. Congratulations I guess and I hope they continue to make something of the race over the next couple of weeks.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
Yes, and for a second i thought that he even managed to outsprint Ballan

so did i - nonethe less great result for a guy who obviously likes pushing big gears up big mountains (and can descend a bit too)
saw the team at the start of the Giro and I love those Fuji bikes
thanks

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Bravo

'Your biggest fan'
1281127953_gross.jpg

06/08/2010 - (rsn) - Ziortza is twelve years old and comes from a small village in the south Ataun the Basque region of Gipuzkoa. That in itself is nothing special. That Ziortza however interested in the sport of cycling, already. The twelve year old is an avid fan of the team Footon - Servetto and pursues as many races as possible live on site. Today Ziortza fired on their favorites in the Tour of Burgos.

"It all started with the fact that Dioni Galparsoro signed in 2005 Kaiku. Dioni be from the same village as I get and of course you something then "- especially as it started in the 1500-strong nest Ataun by the mayor to Ziortza and their younger brothers Mikel and Adur all know.

First, the siblings were fans of the team Kaiku until it disbanded two years later. Mikel, the ten-year, was enthusiastic about it for Euskaltel-Euskadi, until he "Oscar Pujol acquaintance and friendship with him ended. Since I am fan of Cervélo, "he says proudly. His sister picked the path of Saunier Duval and Fuji, and has now reached Footon - Servetto. "Matxin, the athletic director, is very nice, he gave me and my brothers shirts! And David de la Fuente (now with Astana, note) I really like, he is also very nice! And from him I received a jersey from Fuji. "Her eyes shine as she tells it. Otherwise it is a rather shy girl who feels most at home with his family.

The question of whether they also own wheel drive, they eagerly answered in the affirmative: "I started this year, I'm going to Caja Rural. In the age group "alevins" (U13), I've become even second in the championship of Gipuzkoa! Mikel goes well, he started with me, but in the category "Benjamin" (U11). Adur want too, but he is with his eight years too young, he can only start next year. "

Ziortza trained diligently. "Every day, along with Mikel, and once a week training together the whole team. We drive back from Ordizia (the seat of the crew's note) to Alegia and again. "The joy of cycling has no family backgrounds. "On the contrary, Papa's only by us had the time to go racing," laughed the girl. "I certainly hope that one Footon driver wins a stage, but I rouse at all, they deserve it!"

At today's team time trial over 21.3 kilometers of Quesos Sasamón de Melgar de Fernamental to the west of Burgos had not Footon - Servetto, but the Russian team Katusha the better end. The men around the Italian Giampaolo Caruso defeated the Liquigas team - Doimo with seven seconds ahead, eleven seconds lost the third-placed team Rabobank.

Caruso took over the purple jersey of the leader with nine seconds before the Spanish master José Iván Gutiérrez (Caisse d'Epargne) and ten from the Swiss Oliver Zaugg (Liquigas - Doimo). The Leading Samuel Sánchez reached so far with his team Euskaltel - Euskadi the goal 28 seconds after the winner and fell in the championship back to eighth, 22 seconds behind Caruso.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ilillillli said:
I think basically everyone who knows what's what in cycling now, agrees that Footon represents Le Tour's most dominant team. My question for the forum is: if the "boys in brown" take all 20 stages (which seems entirely possible) is this good for cycling?

Sure, everyone remembers the thrill of the spring of 2007 with Aitor Pérez's magical 32nd place finish in the Giro, and the absolute rush that came with Iban Mayoz's dominance of the 2008 Euskal Bizikleta sprint classification, but can a team this dominant really be good for the sport?

With other words Is Footon Unbeatable?

Well Threadmaster it took me a walk around the globe to find the answer to that brainbreaker, but finaly got it below:

vlt10-hold.jpg

and also a prediction on top for you ilillillli, it's going to happen again with a new pair of Geox in 2011.

TRENDING THREADS