• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Froome The only rider who can take down Contador in the tour?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome The only rider who can take down Contador in the tour?

• Contador is lucky that Wiggins will ride the giro (lol option)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BlenJones2 said:
I don't really see contador gaining too much from his move. Maybe a few seconds from the ttt but hes not the type of rider that is gonna de-rail Sky. Sky lose out from not having him in their team but they do have replacements as strong capable of doing his job

I was just kidding around since zam was just hailing micky rogers on another forum :D

Mad Elephant Man said:
No one will beat Contador if he arrives in top form unless he has considerable bad luck. The only person who can beat Contador is Contador by turning up and not being at his best.

434988-michael_rasmusen.png

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
staubsauger said:
Mad Elephant Man
No one will beat Contador if he arrives in top form unless he has considerable bad luck. The only person who can beat Contador is Contador by turning up and not being at his best.
Straight up to the moment when his best is better than other guy's best.

staubsauger said:
Regardless of the outcome, I only have good memories of Rasmussen. The way he and Contador attacked each other in 2007 was just one of the must brutal things I've ever saw: relentless, sharp attacks showing that any mountain was enough to distance the TT'ers. When Andy Shleck said Plateau Beille wasn't steep enough to attacks I could only remember Chicken vs Velasco in the same climb.

trevim said:
Regardless of the outcome, I only have good memories of Rasmussen. The way he and Contador attacked each other in 2007 was just one of the must brutal things I've ever saw: relentless, sharp attacks showing that any mountain was enough to distance the TT'ers. When Andy Shleck said Plateau Beille wasn't steep enough to attacks I could only remember Chicken vs Velasco in the same climb.

It was just an excuse because Frank was suffering like a dog and would have been dropped by quite a few guys in the front group, if not by all of them. Of course Andy could have won the stage.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
trevim said:
Too bad it was aided ride. Could have been great true story.

LaFlorecita said:
what about micky rogers in the saxo train he will annihilate the sky train single-handedly

edit: zaman I will find a nice velasco avatar for you :)

Ah yes micky roggy with his knowledge of "marginal gains" and now working Riis a "brilliant Ds who is a great tactician and motivator" will be a tremendous factor :D
:D

Note:- i see a warning coming

trevim said:

that was awesome

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
trevim said:
Astana certainly hopes so. Maybe he can be this year's Brajkovic or maybe even Zubeldia. The anonymous top10 no one remember seeing in the race.

lol, exactly. every year you have at least one of those pathetic riders up there. or leipheimer doing the same but then finishing podium.

Swifty's Cakes said:
100/1 is that to win or place? Seems a very big price for someone who finished top 10 last year.

Heads up, Parullo is on the rampage on betting talk in the Oman thread (and quiite rightly so, Mods solidarity and all that:)), but for your info, it will be for the win with odds (still attractive at that price) reduced for a place;)

Apologies Parrulo if you are reading this:eek:

TRENDING THREADS