Is Froome The only rider who can take down Contador in the tour?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome The only rider who can take down Contador in the tour?

  • Contador is lucky that Wiggins will ride the giro (lol option)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .
airstream said:
We need a linguistic expertise from the Hitch. :p
Well you don't. But you pretend you do.

LaFlorecita said:
Oh look the two people who believe Froome >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alberto in tts are Schleck fans. What a surprise :rolleyes:
Please stop saying airstream is a schleck fan. He turns on Andy in a heartbeat if it takes down Contador too. You ought to have worked out by now that airstream is only here to mess with Contador fans and specifically YOU. Andy Schleck is a very good mask to use because many Contador fans dont like him.
 
May 24, 2010
855
0
0
airstream said:
Who cares? Or the fact that Froome is a better TT'er is your personal challenge? :p


Based on your memories, you are an experienced cycling fans, however you act like a child. When Andy pulled off at PN last year, you started yelling about a cunning Tour plan, hogmix and all that jazz. Nothing chanhes. Now you are assuring me that Froome is nothing because he hasn't won anything. You know man everything happens for the first time in life. Though, I have no doubt you will take refuge in criteria of palmares and denegrate other GC riders for many many years. Is that an unashamed fanboy's nature, right? :)
Yes your greatness you'll be right again.......NOT!!

1 I did not say Froome was nothing or had no chance what I suggest is that he has still to prove his calibre as a team leader an contender. I believe him and Bert are close on TT the winner dependant on the terrain...

2 Until something occurs you can't say t happened hence my last paragraph....lets see what happens, don't discount him but I still think Berto has the measure of him.

3 take refuge in criteria of palmares and denegrate other GC riders for many many years - you're off your rocker mate. We use evidence to formulate opinions and a hypotheses and you can ramble on about any rider you like about what they MIGHT do, hard fact is the rider you continually bumble on about have yet to actually succeed at anything, to WIN.

You are losing the plot!!

PS Froome has a better chance than Abandony Schleck!!:rolleyes:
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
The Hitch said:
You said Contador would never achieve the tt prowess of Froome. So for this discussion, yes only the tt where he blew away Cancellara counts. Doesnt matter how many times he finished 30th or last or outside the time limit on tts, so long as we can show 1 tt where he was top dog thats all that is needed to disprove your comment.
Well, I agree with you. I just reason by categories of classic Tour TT's to a greater extent. Nonetheless, we have minimum evidence to think that some TT's don't suit Froome while it happens to Cancellara.
 

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
864
0
0
The Hitch said:
Tony Martin wasnt exactly gentlemanlike in his gestures either.
You only think in terms of insults.
In German it doesn't mean what it means on Cockney.
 
May 24, 2010
855
0
0
serfla said:
You only think in terms of insults.
In German it doesn't mean what it means on Cockney.
Most of the Germans I know from living in Germany for four years know and use the gesture for the same reason....and they use it liberally
 

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
864
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
that gesture he made was aimed at the motorcycle that rode just in front of Tony as you can also see on the picture you posted
If the motor could have gone faster it would go. It was just before the curve and cyclist has advantage in that situation due to easier maneuvering. It wasn't motorcycle who was responsible for the caught, Contador knows that, everyone who watched know that, so blaming others for own inability was far from classy.
 

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
864
0
0
Siriuscat said:
Most of the Germans I know from living in Germany for four years know and use the gesture for the same reason....and they use it liberally
Tony used it to emphasize his second victory.
That's the point.
 
serfla said:
If the motor could have gone faster it would go. It was just before the curve and cyclist has advantage in that situation due to easier maneuvering. It wasn't motorcycle who was responsible for the caught, Contador knows that, everyone who watched know that, so blaming others for own inability was far from classy.
he didn't do that did he :confused: it's just your assumption:rolleyes:

whether you like it or not Alberto is one of the classiest riders out there
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
It's become clear in various threads that you can't recognize Alberto fans for their love for Alberto, while it's actually easier to spot them by their Schleck hate and -disgust. Schleck fans use his other rivals such as Wiggins and Froome as a way to diss Contador fans. Schleck fans aren't at all loyal and consistent. Don't you guys see this ruins every thread about one of these riders? A discussion about Alberto's and Froome's TT'ing has turned into a wild discussion about making (offensive?) gestures.

Now please carry on making these silly arguments.
 
Pentacycle said:
It's become clear in various threads that you can't recognize Alberto fans for their love for Alberto, while it's actually easier to spot them by their Schleck hate and -disgust. Schleck fans use his other rivals such as Wiggins and Froome as a way to diss Contador fans. Schleck fans aren't at all loyal and consistent. Don't you guys see this ruins every thread about one of these riders? A discussion about Alberto's and Froome's TT'ing has turned into a wild discussion about making (offensive?) gestures.

Now please carry on making these silly arguments.
what :rolleyes: by the way I agree with the other things you said
 

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
864
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
he didn't do that did he :confused: it's just your assumption:rolleyes:
No, it's not assumption. He directed frustration caused by his own inability to the innocent others. Very insolent.

whether you like it or not Alberto is one of the classiest riders out there
I don't agree. He's certainly sophisticated, but not classy.
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
The Hitch patronizingly took my Andy fan status off. One has great powers here! :p

Siriuscat said:
Yes your greatness you'll be right again.......NOT!!

1 I did not say Froome was nothing or had no chance what I suggest is that he has still to prove his calibre as a team leader an contender. I believe him and Bert are close on TT the winner dependant on the terrain...

2 Until something occurs you can't say t happened hence my last paragraph....lets see what happens, don't discount him but I still think Berto has the measure of him.

3 take refuge in criteria of palmares and denegrate other GC riders for many many years - you're off your rocker mate. We use evidence to formulate opinions and a hypotheses and you can ramble on about any rider you like about what they MIGHT do, hard fact is the rider you continually bumble on about have yet to actually succeed at anything, to WIN.

You are losing the plot!!

PS Froome has a better chance than Abandony Schleck!!
You base on Contador's superiority at everything you need. All different points enrage you or at least bring sarcastic rage, but ok. It is not about that.

1. You strongly implied this. Again, actual strength and overall achievements are 2 different things. I don't know how a bombastic сue about 'team leader and contender' relates to actual strength at TT;

2. It is clear for everyone. It would be a miracle if you said differently;

3. Taking all your thoughts as a basis, anyone who thinks that Schleck, Froome or others will win the Tour should keep silent for lack of arguments. Yes, sadly Andy hasn't won anything for the last 1 & a half year, but I am full of enthusiasm and hope. It is much healthier than zealous attacks 'what arguments do you have????!!!!" :p
 

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
864
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
what the fcuk is that all about :confused:

you say you're not airstream but you're using the same kind of ridiculous insults.
It's not an ridiculous insult. Maybe you should try to find the meaning of the word.
 
serfla said:
No, it's not assumption. He directed frustration caused by his own inability to the innocent others. Very insolent.
How do you know this, have you talked to him about it?

Explain to me then, why did he make the gesture when Tony was already 100 meter in front of him instead of when he just passed him?

I don't agree. He's certainly sophisticated, but not classy.
why is he not classy in your opinion? imo he is more classy than sophisticated (what does sophisticated mean anyway, I don't see what would make Alberto "sophisticated")
 

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
864
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
How do you know this, have you talked to him about it?


Explain to me then, why did he make the gesture when Tony was already 100 meter in front of him instead of when he just passed him?
When Tony was 100 meters in front he had a reason and excuse to do it.
It was result of frustration and it was directed to a wrong person.
You don't have to make an interview to understand the gesture. Everyday experience and average social competence is just enough.

I'm not stupid. It's practically the same word in Dutch
Well, then you know that the term's meaning is derogatory only if it's related to culturally undervalued professional status. That's its (the term's) connotative meaning. Outside the connotation, it doesn't contain anything insulting.
 
Oct 26, 2012
229
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
what about micky rogers in the saxo train he will annihilate the sky train single-handedly
I don't really see contador gaining too much from his move. Maybe a few seconds from the ttt but hes not the type of rider that is gonna de-rail Sky. Sky lose out from not having him in their team but they do have replacements as strong capable of doing his job
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
I don't think any team will play a significant role. It will be a battle between best climbers mano to mano (? :) ) as you say.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY