• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Lance Feeling the Pressure (Contains adult words)

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
From Lance's F-bomb toss this morn, he sure is touchy on the topic. Who wouldn't, when an entire empire of falsities rests on a foundation of sluice.

http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong

Funny. He sure is reactive to this. His handlers must not be able to throttle him back, emotional stress taking its toll. I wonder how this is impacting his sleep cycle?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
From Lance's F-bomb toss this morn, he sure is touchy on the topic. Who wouldn't, when an entire empire of falsities rests on a foundation of sluice.

http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong

Funny. He sure is reactive to this. His handlers must not be able to throttle him back, emotional stress taking its toll. I wonder how this is impacting his sleep cycle?

Who is this Belezian cyclist character acting as an irritant to my prince?
I suppose just another nerd trying to get his 15 minutes of fame.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Who is this Belezian cyclist character acting as an irritant to my prince?
I suppose just another nerd trying to get his 15 minutes of fame.

I dunno, but I kept a screen capture of it.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
What did Belezian Cyclist say to mein Herr Armstrong?

Just curious.

hvwc5i.jpg

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys, I'm not a Twitterererer, so I find it difficult to see who is saying what to whom.

What a crap interface design if the newbie can't quickly figure-out what actor is saying which lines.

So Lance said FU to a US Marine. Lol.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Sorry guys, I'm not a Twitterererer, so I find it difficult to see who is saying what to whom.

What a crap interface design if the newbie can't quickly figure-out what actor is saying which lines.

So Lance said FU to a US Marine. Lol.

BB, you do know that being a US Marine posting something derogatory on a public site is risking disciplinarian action. Not a smart move by Belizian Cyclist.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
BB, you do know that being a US Marine posting something derogatory on a public site is risking disciplinarian action. Not a smart move by Belizian Cyclist.

What, a Marine occasionally acting like a knucklehead? So THAT's why the cops in TJ always seemed to have them in shackles!?!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
What, a Marine occasionally acting like a knucklehead? So THAT's why the cops in TJ always seemed to have them in shackles!?!

TJ, oh I pity the po fool who choses solace in that berg. Those scenes in the movie Traffic are not fiction.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:

In light of Wikileaks, I imagine the military internet police have more pressing matters.

D-Queued said:
Looks like that Tweet has been deleted - though he does use the F-bomb a lot.

It must help build awareness. :rolleyes:

Dave.

His reaction is odd. The Nov is going to have no troubles when the court room act plays out. Just lead Armstrong down the path and he'll snap and tell the prosecutor to f@rk off. Remember they guy at the Tour Belgium called Lance a cheat and Armstrong jumped the barriers and wanted to smash the guy? Armstrong is going to get killed in court. If I was him I'd plea it out and serve minimum sentence.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:

Wrong. Tell me which part of the UCMJ covers that? Not just Conduct Unbecoming,,,,,, but something specific.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:

IT was not just us Leathernecks in shackles!:(

In my opinion Oceanside was much more dangerous. But I spent my time out by the two boobs on I5 or on Delmar beach.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
IT was not just us Leathernecks in shackles!:(

In my opinion Oceanside was much more dangerous. But I spent my time out by the two boobs on I5 or on Delmar beach.

No, it was the leathernecks at the OTHER table ;-)

Or the Sailors. Me: I was just a local 18-year-old that was out of his element.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
Wrong. Tell me which part of the UCMJ covers that? Not just Conduct Unbecoming,,,,,, but something specific.

I was told that each and every US armed forces member takes an oath upon entering service. These days I have to imaging that homeland security monitors just about every site, imagine, they are doing their jobs looking for terrorist underground messages, hey I would think they would watch twitter wouldn't you.

Long story short on an international site being in the military I would think that an unenlisted Marine would be breaking the code of ethics by attacking someone in a grand jury investigation.

Mind you I am not sticking up for Armstrong. I just think we are living in a whole other time than when the Marines and Navy guys beat up the Pachucos in Los Angeles.

Everything is monitored by government agencies. Live with it.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
I was told that each and every US armed forces member takes an oath upon entering service. These days I have to imaging that homeland security monitors just about every site, imagine, they are doing their jobs looking for terrorist underground messages, hey I would think they would watch twitter wouldn't you.

Long story short on an international site being in the military I would think that an unenlisted Marine would be breaking the code of ethics by attacking someone in a grand jury investigation.

Mind you I am not sticking up for Armstrong. I just think we are living in a whole other time than when the Marines and Navy guys beat up the Pachucos in Los Angeles.

Everything is monitored by government agencies. Live with it.

When you take an oath it says nothing about posting on Twitter.
"I, ''[name]'', do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God"

To the bolded um I have no idea what an unenlisted marine is,,,,,no clue.

I think the words you are looking for would be Code of Conduct, not code of ethics.

When that jarhead told Lance to stick with EPO he violated nothing.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
When you take an oath it says nothing about posting on Twitter.
"I, ''[name]'', do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God"

To the bolded um I have no idea what an unenlisted marine is,,,,,no clue.

I think the words you are looking for would be Code of Conduct, not code of ethics.

When that jarhead told Lance to stick with EPO he violated nothing.

How old is that jarhead? That cliche came from the 90s with Lance.

If he had been part of the clinic he could have come up with something wittier and more pertinent. I mean come on did Belize cyclist just learn
French and read the 1999 Le equippe on microfilm?

Seriously this twitter thing is seriously mis used. I love Lance but I need to counter a serious gag reflex when I read his tweets.

A

Anonymous

2i89lbc.png

the response

11brog8.png

Very unlike lance indeed. Three times today hes used the f-bomb. He should know he has kids etc following him.

Note: unavoidable swearing due to the nature of lances tweet.

Edit: see this is already in the is lance doping thread. Mods feel free to delete/merge

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The man has never hidden that he swears or that he is an atheist. This reminds me about the 'It's not about the bike' reviews on Amazon where people discovered Lance swears and had their world crushed.

Sanitiser said:
The man has never hidden that he swears or that he is an atheist. This reminds me about the 'It's not about the bike' reviews on Amazon where people discovered Lance swears and had their world crushed.

I was crushed when I noted that the male lead in a p0rn movie I was watching was wearing a Livestrong bracelet.

TRENDING THREADS