• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Radioshack a retirement village for old cyclists?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
Ha, ha, ha. 3:20 for 400 metres is the record! :eek: Isn't that like 12 min/miles=walking pace? I, or even TheHog, could get competitive here.[/B]
I think an 80 yo just finishing a 400m alive to be quite an achievement. Honestly, bad idea for guys that old trying to cover that sort of distance in sprint.

My concern here is the ProTour licence. If Skill doesn’t get the spot and RaidioShack do what hope is there for the sport?

Skil have been in the sport for years and not get the spot for a team which was created overnight and will disappear as quickly would be a travesty.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
My concern here is the ProTour licence. If Skill doesn’t get the spot and RaidioShack do what hope is there for the sport?

Skil have been in the sport for years and not get the spot for a team which was created overnight and will disappear as quickly would be a travesty.

Don't forget about Sky and Cervelo, they will also apply for PT.

I even don't understand why Bruyneel needs his team to be in PT, his team will still get the invitations to all major races even with Pro Continental status.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
[...]Remember. This team will be built for one function above all others: Giving Lance a chance to win the Tour next July. Everything else will be sacrificed for this goal. Others may get scraps that are good though for their liking.[...]

And I though it was all about "The Team"...

Thank you Lance!

Now I know you are reaaaally full of shït.

Delicato said:
Don't forget about Sky and Cervelo, they will also apply for PT.

I even don't understand why Bruyneel needs his team to be in PT, his team will still get the invitations to all major races even with Pro Continental status.

True. But I'm guessing they'll think having the license will better prevent the ASO from keeping them out of their events if there's an issue.

And you left out Alonso's team, if he gets there.

As to Lance and "The Team", I'm not even sure how to respond.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Lance Twitter post:

"@johanbruyneel and I have decided that we need to hire 4 ten year olds for @teamradioshack in order to lower the avg age... Haha!"

:D