• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Team SKY Too Soft

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
boardhanger said:
Another 3 riders leave Spain because of a tommy ache? :rolleyes: Wiggins rode the Giro with a hangover. The management at SKY need to question themselves about this line-up. Wiggins was chosen becuase he's a brit. Nothing more. Is that even legal these days???

Dear Boardhanger.

I hope you feel a total and utter tosser for the above comment on the basis of todays awful news. Enagage your brain before you make stupid comments.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Reverend_T_Preedy said:
Dear Boardhanger.

I hope you feel a total and utter tosser for the above comment on the basis of todays awful news. Enagage your brain before you make stupid comments.

Agree totally. This week in cycling has made me quite numb. What a horrible week for sky

Reverend_T_Preedy said:
Dear Boardhanger.

It's horrible news, but lets not start using it to judge things which were said before it happened.

90% of the *****y rubbish written on this board could be rendered callous by events, but normally isn't.

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
It's horrible news, but lets not start using it to judge things which were said before it happened.

90% of the *****y rubbish written on this board could be rendered callous by events, but normally isn't.

agree. I am sure we all say things that depending on subsequent events we wish we could take back. Maybe theres a lesson there though.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Reverend_T_Preedy said:
Dear Boardhanger.

I doubt he feels bad at all. When Gareth Williams, the MI6 employee and cyclist got brutally murdered, Boardhanger saw this as a chance to make jokes about a certain cyclist. Thankfully that thread was deleted (credit to Barrus). Basically he's filth.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
Thankfully that thread was deleted (credit to Barrus). Basically he's filth.
You'll need to thank SUsan for that one, I let it up, but cleaned it up, and moved it so that it could be a memorial thread, however I believe boardhanger once again began cracking jokes.

But does anyone know how many of the riders and staff are affected now?

A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
You'll need to thank SUsan for that one, I let it up, but cleaned it up, and moved it so that it could be a memorial thread, however I believe boardhanger once again began cracking jokes.

But does anyone know how many of the riders and staff are affected now?

With the original virus (as opposed to what killed Txema) most of the team have been hit in some way or another. The only two i know that seem to have come out without any problems are Lofkvist and Lars Petter. Certainly several of the support staff, were effected, I beleive Marcus Ljungqvist was driving a car with a sick bag next to him. The original virus seems to have pretty much swept the team.Whatever it was it was nasty.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
With the original virus (as opposed to what killed Txema) most of the team have been hit in some way or another. The only two i know that seem to have come out without any problems are Lofkvist and Lars Petter. Certainly several of the support staff, were effected, I beleive Marcus Ljungqvist was driving a car with a sick bag next to him. The original virus seems to have pretty much swept the team.Whatever it was it was nasty.
ALthough it is terrible for Txema, it is a "lucky" thing for the rest of the team that it came through complicating factors, and is thus not likely to affect the rest of the team in the same manner

(I couldn't really come up to the correct term, if anyone knows a better term to use than lucky please let me know, because in this way it really seems odd)

TeamSkyFans said:

Lofkvist's results this Vuelta seem to indicate something was not right with him. That or he was just in awful form.

A

Anonymous

Sneekes said:
Lofkvist's results this Vuelta seem to indicate something was not right with him. That or he was just in awful form.

My feeling is that after the first few days with so many riders ill the idea of a GC win became impossible. If thomas was well then in all likelehood he was losing time in the hope of a stage win later in the race. All irrelevant now anyway.He may have been ill too.

TeamSkyFans said:
My feeling is that after the first few days with so many riders ill the idea of a GC win became impossible. If thomas was well then in all likelehood he was losing time in the hope of a stage win later in the race. All irrelevant now anyway.He may have been ill too.
From stage 4: "Thomas (Löfkvist) and Kjell (Carlström) went down with it today. Kjell in particular had a torrid day, riding the last 5km on his own to somehow finish the stage"

So Löfkvist was also sick, only one who haven't been really sick (although he was also slightly ill) is Nordhaug.

A

Anonymous

maltiv said:
From stage 4: "Thomas (Löfkvist) and Kjell (Carlström) went down with it today. Kjell in particular had a torrid day, riding the last 5km on his own to somehow finish the stage"

So Löfkvist was also sick, only one who haven't been really sick (although he was also slightly ill) is Nordhaug.

I missed that, but to be honest since about stage 3 of the vuelta i hadnt paid too much attention. Was clear things were not right by then.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Uncle Fester's Pre Vuelta quote regarding Shack's exclusion

Meanwhile, Team Sky boss Dave Brailsford provided a different perspective: "It's been one of the hardest Vueltas to get into for a number of years and we never took anything for granted. The process started a little while ago and this news today is a real vote of confidence in the team and everything we are trying to do with it."

Last I checke one should have somesort of results to back the arrogance.

What a tuul

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
Uncle Fester's Pre Vuelta quote regarding Shack's exclusion

Meanwhile, Team Sky boss Dave Brailsford provided a different perspective: "It's been one of the hardest Vueltas to get into for a number of years and we never took anything for granted. The process started a little while ago and this news today is a real vote of confidence in the team and everything we are trying to do with it."

Last I checke one should have somesort of results to back the arrogance.

What a tuul

There is no arrogance in that statement? Plus in the circumstances as to what happened I think you shouldn't be starting this sort of debate

TRENDING THREADS