• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Team SKY Too Soft

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Another 3 riders leave Spain because of a tommy ache? :rolleyes: Wiggins rode the Giro with a hangover. The management at SKY need to question themselves about this line-up. Wiggins was chosen becuase he's a brit. Nothing more. Is that even legal these days???

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yet another thread with no point or real question, just you on your soap box. As someone already said, get a twitter account

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
boardhanger said:
Another 3 riders leave Spain because of a tommy ache? :rolleyes: Wiggins rode the Giro with a hangover. The management at SKY need to question themselves about this line-up. Wiggins was chosen becuase he's a brit. Nothing more. Is that even legal these days???

I have only been on this forum for a handfull of months but every thread I have seen posted by boardhanger is a borderline troll or staight up insult to cycling.

Whats the personal grudge you are trying air on this forum? Did a pro hit you with a waterbottle when you were cheering at a race?

sorry, but got to say, what a pointless, mindless thread!!! If you don't like Sky then fair enough, but have the sense to think before you post. As someone else has mentioned here, try riding in 35 degrees whilst feeling as rough as. Also don't know where you're getting your info from, 3 riders down??? From what I can see on the live feeds/updated etc it's Augustyn & Swift so far.

I echo the sentiments of others here......get of your sopabox.

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well if 3 riders quit. Wiggins doing nothing. My point is 'SKY' will be another big name sponsor to leave cycling in its wake. If that isn't a valid point then what is? Fact. Just seen the Fignon post and outa respect no more arguing today.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
boardhanger said:
Well if 3 riders quit. Wiggins doing nothing. My point is 'SKY' will be another big name sponsor to leave cycling in its wake. If that isn't a valid point then what is? Fact. Just seen the Fignon post and outa respect no more arguing today.
Fact? Please point out the fact in that post.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
boardhanger said:

Well 3 riders haven't quit - you just made that up. And Sky have a deal for years and are a company with a track record of backing sports long term, so they're unlikely to 'leave cycing in their wake'. So no valid points whatsoever. Just trolling as usual.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
boardhanger said:

But only two riders pulled out because of illness. Show me a link where it says there are more. Of course Wiggins is doing nothing, he's been struggling pretty much all year to live up to last year. This is SKY's first year. They're still learning and as someone already stated they have a contract for a few years. You still haven't made a valid point or said anything that makes sense.

And what is the Fact you are trying to push across exactly??? You do know that writing fact in a sentance without any proof or sources doesn't actually make it a fact??? The more you write the more you embaress yourself.

Get a twitter account and whine on there

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
woodie said:
But only two riders pulled out because of illness. Show me a link where it says there are more. Of course Wiggins is doing nothing, he's been struggling pretty much all year to live up to last year. This is SKY's first year. They're still learning and as someone already stated they have a contract for a few years. You still haven't made a valid point or said anything that makes sense.

And what is the Fact you are trying to push across exactly??? You do know that writing fact in a sentance without any proof or sources doesn't actually make it a fact??? The more you write the more you embaress yourself.

Get a twitter account and whine on there

The TeamSKY setup is all wrong. They could have had Cav this year if they were smart and had had foresight. Instead they went with the Wiggo package which has bombed. Brailsford is outa his league. And when the moneymen at SKY start asking questions on bang4buck it'll be another pro team on the scrap heap. And I quote you -"They're still learning and as someone already stated they have a contract for a few years" - What an attitude to a multimillion pound operation?. Teams take time I agree. But it's SKY's focus and aims which I find embarrassing.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Your posts are barely coherent, even by the standards of this board full of English-as-a-second-language posters, and you have nothing interesting to say anyway. Please stop posting.

boardhanger said:
The TeamSKY setup is all wrong. They could have had Cav this year if they were smart and had had foresight. Instead they went with the Wiggo package which has bombed. Brailsford is outa his league. And when the moneymen at SKY start asking questions on bang4buck it'll be another pro team on the scrap heap. And I quote you -"They're still learning and as someone already stated they have a contract for a few years" - What an attitude to a multimillion pound operation?. Teams take time I agree. But it's SKY's focus and aims which I find embarrassing.

you still haven't provided a link for your supposed fact that three riders have quit.........and if you check results today there are still 7 riders left in. So that makes only 2 out. Do the math!!! They would never have got Cav last year even if Murdoch had offered the world. HTC suits Cav requirements. As others have said it's their first year. Judge them in another 12 months. Sure all the psychobabble pre-season was annoying. But your original post was ill advised and at best immature. Being ill does not make them weak. I hope that Sky have plenty of success over next few years, if for no reason than to shut you up.

Twitter is the best platform for your mindless, non sensical ramblings.

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
adamski101 said:
you still haven't provided a link for your supposed fact that three riders have quit.........and if you check results today there are still 7 riders left in. So that makes only 2 out. Do the math!!! They would never have got Cav last year even if Murdoch had offered the world. HTC suits Cav requirements. As others have said it's their first year. Judge them in another 12 months. Sure all the psychobabble pre-season was annoying. But your original post was ill advised and at best immature. Being ill does not make them weak. I hope that Sky have plenty of success over next few years, if for no reason than to shut you up.

Twitter is the best platform for your mindless, non sensical ramblings.

Im sorry if my techique of the queens english is different and 2nd class.I don't care about that or her. Its how I speak here. And I have no repect for TeamSky's Rubert Murdoch FOXNEWS false documents, WMD reporting, 100,000 dead Iraqi civillians in Iraq sponsored team in cycling. Got that?

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I know I shouldnt be answering properly, as your posts to tend to trolling, but maybe there are some interesting points to be made here.

Team Sky is not soft, it is green, and they will learn. I hope the first thing DB has learned is that maybe people like Riis were already doing some of the things that they thought weren't being done. A bit of humility, rather than hubris, might be better placed. And to be fair, since the early season, they do seem a lot more realistic/self-aware.

Whatever else I think of him James Murdoch is a keen and competent cyclist, he knows there are big races with cobbles in the spring for example - he will be understanding for more than a year. All of a sudden there are eg plenty of Sky employees doing the Etape. All of this helps the sport in the UK, if not further.

And Sky's involvement in cycling goes way beyond Team Sky (eg it also gives them a SKY logo on Victoria Pendleton's **** and Sir Chris Hoy's muscles) - the Sky Rides show massive grass roots support for the sport.

Ive just spent two weeks in France and coming back to my regular commute, the difference in respect for cyclists is staggering. Sky are putting serious money into changing that, and the Team is just part of it.

As for the stomachache - sports teams on tour get the ****s all the time. having the seen the last 30 minutes of today's stage there is no way you could do that if you were ill without doing serious damage to yourself.

Ultimately, I will judge their success or failure on what they achieve with Geraint Thomas (who should be able to win some cobbled classics and prestige week lone stage races) and if they can make a GT podium contender out of Peter Kennaugh - who actually looks built like a GT contender rather than a rouleur (and with much less doping, and tougher parcours, I think GTs are swinging back to favour climbers, and not super-charged rouleurs and one day racers)

That said...

Next year they do need some GT stage wins, and a big race or two.

boardhanger said:
Im sorry if my techique of the queens english is different and 2nd class.I don't care about that or her. Its how I speak here. And I have no repect for TeamSky's Rubert Murdoch FOXNEWS false documents, WMD reporting, 100,000 dead Iraqi civillians in Iraq sponsored team in cycling. Got that?

no one has questioned your technique or use of English. Just the comments that you have made. you clearly have a different agenda, if your above comment is to be believed, then the one which started this thread. i think you are now entering into deep and murky waters....and again I think your above comments are insensitive and ill advised. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I don't think a cycling forum is the place for you or indeed anyone to making such statments.

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
adamski101 said:
no one has questioned your technique or use of English. Just the comments that you have made. you clearly have a different agenda, if your above comment is to be believed, then the one which started this thread. i think you are now entering into deep and murky waters....and again I think your above comments are insensitive and ill advised. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I don't think a cycling forum is the place for you or indeed anyone to making such statments.

Well it does when such business men get involved in a sport which I knowingly love more than he. It was harsh, I admitt that. But it's a fact. My cycling friends in Qatar have much to say about TeamSky and its owner. The world has many faces my friend.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
boardhanger said:

Fox and Sky are completely different entities. News Corp only own 38% of Sky. And the Murdoch family only own 46% of News Corp. So Murdoch only owns about 17% of Sky. But don't let details get in the way of you ill informed rants about how Russell Downing kills arabs - or whatever nonsense you'll come up with next.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
boardhanger said:

Will anyone call out this sky basher?

TRENDING THREADS