• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is the mass exodus from Columbia due to Cavs potty mouth?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I've seen and read interviews where he is a tool :p Na cav is a lil opininated at times, but he is good for the sport. firing up further rivalry between them and gramin in the giro was interesting.

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
EBH and Løvkvist leaving has nothing to do with Cavs mouth. I think especially EBH has nothing bad to say about Cav, and has big respect for him. They left Columbia simply because they want to ride they own chances.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Cav is young and brash, but nothing I have read suggests he is a bad bloke. He just needs to think before he speaks. But what he does do is hog team leadership (and rightly so) so no wonder people will want to leave.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I see Cavs dropped out of the Tour of Missouri. At least now he can concentrate on the next race that he will drop out of. Yes yes i know he is apparently sick. Lot of sick riders right now.
Im calling it now, he will drop out of the Worlds with at least 5 laps remaining.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Kerbdog said:
I see Cavs dropped out of the Tour of Missouri. At least now he can concentrate on the next race that he will drop out of. Yes yes i know he is apparently sick. Lot of sick riders right now.
Im calling it now, he will drop out of the Worlds with at least 5 laps remaining.
:eek:
do elaborate please

remember he came fifth in the sprint the day before he backed out, surely a sign he genuinely is ill

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
workingclasshero said:
:eek:
do elaborate please

remember he came fifth in the sprint the day before he backed out, surely a sign he genuinely is ill

Actuayll, a sign that for once he didn't have his unbelievably good leadout

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
At least Cav gives a good interesting interview, even when he's pi$$ed off. Remember in the 90s those rivetting chats from Indurain and Riis? "Er... well.. perhaps... we'll see... It was OK" Jeez Louise I slept better back then.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Too many quality riders on 1 team of which some are not getting the opportunity to lead and are having to ride for Cav so go to another team.

Burghardt is an example of that

A

Anonymous

thehog said:
What's the scoop with Cav? Normally he would have racked up 10 wins by this time of the season. Where is he?

missed january and most of february to have his teeth done. I think as well his season will be built to peak at the worlds. starting later this year.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
missed january and most of february to have his teeth done. I think as well his season will be built to peak at the worlds. starting later this year.
Wow, so it is all TFF's fault - when he posted this back in September.
Thoughtforfood said:
I wish he would spend some money and get his teeth fixed...

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The missile will get his wins. He'll probably win a stage (or multiple stages) in every stage race he enters, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him win MSR and/or take home a rainbow jersey by season's end.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
The Italian supermodel must have asked to improved his looks. His ex never would have asked such things.

It's not been cosmetic dentistry...he had an abscess. I read a pretty horrific account of the treatment of it as well, having the abscess dealt with while the anaesthetic wasn't working - like something out of marathon man :eek: