• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 167 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
May 26, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
have you even read his books and his articles? :rolleyes:

Writing books and articles is his job as a 'journalist'. His Sky articles have been extremely biased and partial towards Sky, but working as a PR rep for these companies is no longer 'journalism'.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
David Walsh - Jul 7

Regarding overall question: anyone who thinks Froome 2013 comparable with Armstrong 1999 wasn't watching closely in 99.

It would appear Walsh was waiting for Froome to call out the pelotons anti doping spokesperson, ie the Bassons of 2013.

To show how far the sport has come, there really is no Bassons in the current peloton.

stutue said:
Ach......I really don't know about Walsh.

Here we have a man who took enormous risks in taking on Armstrong. Let's be honest, if Floyd hadn't coughed there likely wouldn't have been the USADA case and Walsh would have remained unvindicated, and vilified by many. The Sunday Times would still be

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Walsh along with a couple of other journalists and the likes of Lemond, Tygart etc/ went after Armstrong more because of his personality rather than the doping. He was a big fish, and an arrogant unpleasant one at that. He deserved to fall.

Lemond frequently called out both Armstrong and Landis but was happy to sit with Indurain at the TdF closing ceremony last year. Neither has he called out any other obviously doped riders.

Kimmage on the other hand says it as he sees it and has lost friends and business opportunities as a results. Quite the contrast to Walsh who is the number one fan boy of Team Sky nowadays.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
nomapnocompass said:
Walsh along with a couple of other journalists and the likes of Lemond, Tygart etc/ went after Armstrong more because of his personality rather than the doping. He was a big fish, and an arrogant unpleasant one at that. He deserved to fall.

Lemond frequently called out both Armstrong and Landis but was happy to sit with Indurain at the TdF closing ceremony last year. Neither has he called out any other obviously doped riders.

Kimmage on the other hand says it as he sees it and has lost friends and business opportunities as a results. Quite the contrast to Walsh who is the number one fan boy of Team Sky nowadays.

This. The LA/Lemond thing was as much a personal thing as it was about the doping.

Thought the bolded was funny.

Brailsford stayed silent after Wiggins' announcement on Friday and opted to give his diplomatic reply to David Walsh and the Sunday Times newspaper.

“Despite the impression that might have been created, the team for the Tour is not yet finalised. I will be the one making the decision on who is in that team. I speak with our performance team, the riders can offer an opinion but they don’t select the team and they never will,” Brailsford said.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-speaks-about-wiggins-froome-spat

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
David Walsh @DavidWalshST

@BearBinnedFicus Actually, I never stopped asking questions. What is your name?

@BearBinnedFicus David, I do ask questions, so do many others. How could I blindly accept everything was now good. Please!

Johnerous ☻ ‏@Johnerous

@vayerism @Digger_forum @DavidWalshST The New doctor of Sky has done a great job!

David Walsh ‏@DavidWalshST

@Johnerous John, the "new" doctor at Sky is Alan Farrell. I interviewed him four or five times, six or seven hours. I believe he is honest.

@Paul__H Paul, I believe Chris Froome is clean. I have interviewed him and all those in his circle time and time again. Maybe you know more.

@BearBinnedFicus David, I could point to recent book. Sky's two doping stories, Leinders and JT uncovered by The Times and Sunday Times.

Walsh sounds more and more demented every day.

the sceptic said:
Walsh sounds more and more demented every day.

He has gone past the point of no return. He cannot change tact so he's pushes on and pushes hard. Perhaps he thinks if he shouts loud enough and covers his ears it will all be true.

He's also not going to mess with his new pay grade.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
is walsh on the sky bandwagon?

wrong question

he never hopped on but he was never off the bandwagon.

and why is Lemond giving Sky advice and talking about Wiggins. I thought he was anti-doping? huh <puzzledeyes>

Lemond is a monumental hypocrite...

Moving on...Walsh reminds me of Nick Leeson. He's trying to fight the market...he's trying to convince himself and others of something that's getting bigger and bigger everyday. The more mental Froome's performances go, the harder it is for Walsh...and the more idiotic he sounds.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Digger said:
Lemond is a monumental hypocrite...

Moving on...Walsh reminds me of Nick Leeson. He's trying to fight the market...he's trying to convince himself and others of something that's getting bigger and bigger everyday. The more mental Froome's performances go, the harder it is for Walsh...and the more idiotic he sounds.

Walsh heard you, and he is raising you with.. Contador is dopings?

Bear Binned Ficus ‏@BearBinnedFicus
@DavidWalshST For myself, I will just move on. There is no longer anything to see here.

David Walsh ‏@DavidWalshST

@BearBinnedFicus David, you might be making a mistake. Check out history of Alberto Contador in flat TTs, especially since 2012.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm just glad that super clean Chris(vouched for by Walsh) is kicking the crap out of cheating dopers like Dirty Bertie. #unexpected but nice

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Walsh was really taking stick today on Twitter. And his best (and only) response? 'I have interviewed Froome countless times'. Froome's hardly going to sit there and bare his secrets to him! Walsh is a joke- and I think he will start to see the difficulty his stance has created for him the more public opinion turns against him.

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Walsh heard you, and he is raising you with.. Contador is dopings?

I think the implication of those tweets is actually that Contador is clean now, the evidence being that his performances in flatt TTs are worse post-ban than they were previously. He is trying to convince someone that the peloton has cleaned up.

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
mattghg said:
I think the implication of those tweets is actually that Contador is clean now, the evidence being that his performances in flatt TTs are worse post-ban than they were previously. He is trying to convince someone that the peloton has cleaned up.

The trouble is, Walsh will always be faced with the problem of Froome being at least as good as the worst dopers from the EPO era- so his 'clean peloton' argument means nothing. He's a hilariously dumb ****.

mattghg said:

It sounds to me like he's trying to cast doubts on Contador's performance today.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
mattghg said:

I thought he meant that Contador is now back to pre-ban levels in the TT, hence there is something up.

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
It sounds to me like he's trying to cast doubts on Contador's performance today.

the sceptic said:
I thought he meant that Contador is now back to pre-ban levels in the TT, hence there is something up.

I really don't think so. The person he's responding to said "I have no confidence in the clean generation" and "there is no longer anything to see here". Walsh is trying to convince this person that the peloton is cleaner.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Nathan12 said:
The trouble is, Walsh will always be faced with the problem of Froome being at least as good as the worst dopers from the EPO era- so his 'clean peloton' argument means nothing. He's a hilariously dumb ****.

@JonasHallen Jonas, I think there's a good chance they do. Recidivism always possible, so hold onto some scepticism.

This one is gold too. Translation: If Nibali or Contador beat Froome it means they are doping again.
And where is the evidence Nibali was doping in the first place? Walsh is really annoying me with his dumbass hypocrisy.