• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 181 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ebandit said:
Maybe you should listen to the answer he gave....it's very clear why the question ****ed him off

Mark L

no - he got defensive immediately - got annoyed when it was asked to back up his claims of being transparent - two things he got annoyed with - pre 2011 blood and power results and vo2 test - the power and blood profiles post vuelta 2011 are more or less worthless without the pre vuelta results....

secondly, he said next time in the lab - 18 months later, still not been in a lab.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Digger said:
no - he got defensive immediately - got annoyed when it was asked to back up his claims of being transparent - two things he got annoyed with - pre 2011 blood and power results and vo2 test - the power and blood profiles post vuelta 2011 are more or less worthless without the pre vuelta results....

secondly, he said next time in the lab - 18 months later, still not been in a lab.
this very much.
It's so the opposite attitude of what you'd expect if these guys are clean/honest.

These guys are not interested in providing transparency. They're interesting in muddying the waters and keeping skeptics at bay.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
Sir Dave Brailsford says hello.

Digger said:

Maybe David Walsh can ask Brailsford? Nicely of course.

David said he'd like to know :rolleyes:

The Hitch said:
Astonishing. Absolutely astonishing. But of course we the sky doubters are the ones who changed :rolleyes:

Walsh has no arguments. He would not last 30 seconds in an actual debate that focused on actual facts.

Just makes Walsh look foolish but I don’t think he cares. He’s cleaning up now and he could write stupid Sky books for the rest of his life. Well at least until the time the Dawg finally gets caught and goes down.

ebandit said:
Not that he'd find one of those here :rolleyes:

Mark L

I certainly agree with you that a number of the posters who doubt cycling's current cleanliness play below the belt. But you can't seriously be suggesting that the likes of Libertine Seguros, hrotha, Merckx Index, Patswana come here to troll and fight and don't offer extremely thorough and well laid out arguments?

The Hitch said:
I certainly agree with you that a number of the posters who doubt cycling's current cleanliness play below the belt. But you can't seriously be suggesting that the likes of Libertine Seguros, hrotha, Merckx Index, Patswana come here to troll and fight and don't offer extremely thorough and well laid out arguments?

I'm not suggesting that.....its just a shame that those that come to troll and fight seem to be the most prolific posters........I wish they'd **** off somewhere else......I don't mind what people's opinions are as long as they put up a cogent argument and not just contorted sounbites

Mark L

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Digger said:

That someone would defend that video of David "Pitbull" Brailsford is very, very telling. Why you would continue to engage is beyond me.

Dear Wiggo said:
That someone would defend that video of David "Pitbull" Brailsford is very, very telling. Why you would continue to engage is beyond me.

Trying to shut down debate that doesn't go the way you want it to Dear Wiggo?....sounds like it to me.....very,very telling....

......Brailsfords 'defensive' reaction is entirely understandable given the ridiculous and incessant nature of the attacks (verbal and physical) towards the team during the 2013 TdF.........the reaction itself was not generated by Froome's performance but by being in the wake of the Armstrong saga.....I'm not surprised Brailsford got p!ssed off with the interviewer and he was right to challenge the false information and false premise to the interviewers question

Mark L

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ebandit said:
Trying to shut down debate that doesn't go the way you want it to Dear Wiggo?....sounds like it to me.....very,very telling....

......Brailsfords 'defensive' reaction is entirely understandable given the ridiculous and incessant nature of the attacks (verbal and physical) towards the team during the 2013 TdF.........the reaction itself was not generated by Froome's performance but by being in the wake of the Armstrong saga.....I'm not surprised Brailsford got p!ssed off with the interviewer and he was right to challenge the false information and false premise to the interviewers question

Mark L

When you set your stall out as clean, new way, transparent and then fail to deliver you can expect a negative reaction. For Brailsford to then get his knickers in a twist over being caught out as the fraud most with an iota of intelligence know is tough.

Sky and their fans crying over criticism is very funny. Defending the indefensible in this sport where the only change has been the name plate on the presidents door.

ebandit said:

....I realise you disapprove of anything that challenges your fixated view and that you will try to silence it.

Mark L

I think it's safe to say the questions about Froome were wholly generated by his performance and Sky's claims of cleanliness and transparency. That they came after Armstrong means little.

That's like saying the questions Armstrong faced in '99 were because of Festina. No, they were because the performance was unbelievable. Less so than Froome's, but you get the point...

red_flanders said:
I think it's safe to say the questions about Froome were wholly generated by his performance and Sky's claims of cleanliness and transparency. That they came after Armstrong means little.

That's like saying the questions Armstrong faced in '99 were because of Festina. No, they were because the performance was unbelievable. Less so than Froome's, but you get the point...

Couldn't disagree more.....and the fact that this year Nibali and Contador faced so few questions in comparison is down to Armstrong-fatigue more than their performances being more believable/less unbelievable than Froome's

With regards to your Festina point.......Festina didn't win 7 consecutive tours....you are sharp enough to work out the significance of that for yourself but happy to expand if needs be

Mark L