• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 19, 2009
11,437
0
0
sniper said:
did horner dope in the viuelta?
walsh doesn't have a shred of evidence for that, yet he called out that performance.
just goes to show that the whole lible issue is really not an issue for walsh.
he turned into a hypocrit, gooner, come to terms with it.
Hi sniper,
You say Walsh "called out that performance" of Horner, can you point out where he does that exactly, ie names him and calling it out. Thanks.

(To help you his tweet was from the 13th September. )
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
roundabout said:
It's not exactly conclusive that Horner is rider 15. It's guesswork, probably very good guesswork, but not certain.

But apparently that's enough for Walsh
He might know more. He knows JV well and might have heard about Horner chasing down riders at the Tour for speaking to USADA. He has said he has heard some stuff on Cancellara in the past. He hasn't written about it or substantiated on it probably because of libel.
 
Oct 16, 2010
13,578
1
0
Dr. Maserati said:
Interesting question - the correct answer is nothing as it was his opinion. One that I do not agree with, but one that I am happy to acknowledge that he is entitled to.

But the more interesting part is that it is entirely irrelevant and seems like more defection. I still await an answer to the 2 headlines I asked for earlier.
entirely relevant you mean.
in fact, we've finally come to the crux of the matter: you think it's his opinion. i doubt it is his opinion.
in light of the available data, you'd expect a man of his qualities and his proven record to be much more cautious wrt Sky/Froome, unless of course he's on the payroll.
it's a nobrainer.
 
Oct 16, 2010
13,578
1
0
gooner said:
He might know more. He knows JV well and might have heard about Horner chasing down riders at the Tour for speaking to USADA. He has said he has heard some stuff on Cancellara in the past. He hasn't written about it or substantiated on it probably because of libel.
all over the place, gooner, all over the place.
 
Jun 19, 2009
11,437
0
0
roundabout said:
It's not exactly conclusive that Horner is rider 15. It's guesswork, probably very good guesswork, but not certain.

But apparently that's enough for Walsh
He was rather vague, (and certainly made no reference to rider 15) but yes enough for Walsh on twitter.

Enough to write an article and get it published in the ST, nope.
 
Oct 16, 2010
13,578
1
0
gooner said:
It's twitter.



We know what he's referring to but that;s not exactly a libel tweet either. If you think he can write an article and say Horner is rider 15 and so on, you're not living in the real word. This isn't cloud cuckoo land journalism at all.
as i said, the libel issue is a non-issue.
he could make plenty of similar and similarly legitimate metacomments wrt sky/froome, without being in danger of libel, yet he doesn't.
 
gooner said:
And yet I didn't see you say anything about Leinders before de Rooy's comments. In fact from my memory, I don't think he was even a topic of discussion on the forum before that. A quick search tells me the thread on his name started on him near the end of the 2012 Tour.
First time Leinders was mentioned in 2009 by Dekker_Tifosu when Dekker got busted. But his name was never really brought up before de Rooy, its was not mentioned by Bennoti, not by sniper, nobody mentioned him. All this talk about "common knowledge" is nothing more than being smart after the fact.
 
Jun 19, 2009
11,437
0
0
sniper said:
entirely relevant you mean.
in fact, we've finally come to the crux of the matter: you think it's his opinion. i doubt it is his opinion.
in light of the available data, you'd expect a man of his qualities and his proven record to be much more cautious wrt Sky/Froome, unless of course he's on the payroll.
it's a nobrainer.
Hi Sniper,
Again you have defected the question I asked .

It is his opinion, he clearly stated it as such - its why he used the word I.
The fact you (& I) may disagree is irrelevant.
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
Von Mises said:
First time Leinders was mentioned in 2009 by Dekker_Tifosu when Dekker got busted. But his name was never really brought up before de Rooy, its was not mentioned by Bennoti, not by sniper, nobody mentioned him. All this talk about "common knowledge" is nothing more than being smart after the fact.
Thanks for that. I knew it. He was no big topic of discussion when he first went to Sky by those said posters.
 
gooner said:
He might know more. He knows JV well and might have heard about Horner chasing down riders at the Tour for speaking to USADA. He has said he has heard some stuff on Cancellara in the past. He hasn't written about it or substantiated on it probably because of libel.
So you mean he has nothing really tangible on Horner to write an article about, but maybe enough to cast doubt on twitter.
 
Jun 19, 2009
11,437
0
0
roundabout said:
So you mean he has nothing really tangible on Horner to write an article about, but maybe enough to cast doubt on twitter.
This is the point.

He did not write about Horner. He gave a vague tweet.
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
roundabout said:
So you mean he has nothing really tangible on Horner to write an article about, but maybe enough to cast doubt on twitter.
Rider 15 and whether it's him or not is enough to cast doubt.

No way would the Sunday Times or any other UK media outlet allow that to go to print.
 
Oct 16, 2010
13,578
1
0
Dr. Maserati said:
Hi Sniper,
Again you have defected the question I asked .

It is his opinion, he clearly stated it as such - its why he used the word I.
The fact you (& I) may disagree is irrelevant.
it's his opinion. i agree.
like it was hein verbruggen's opinion that lance never, ever, ever doped.
:rolleyes:
 
Jun 19, 2009
11,437
0
0
sniper said:
no single vague tweet on sky though. just blind support.
Hi Sniper,
"Blind support" eh?

You know how I asked and you deflected on the headlines - so here is yesterdays "Sky cyclist under suspicion".

Would you call that "Blind support"?
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
sniper said:
it's his opinion. i agree.
like it was hein verbruggen's opinion that lance never, ever, ever doped.
:rolleyes:
What are you implying about Walsh in comparison to Hein?
 
Apr 20, 2012
4,238
0
0
Good to see Doc Mastercard again has hijacked a thread.

Why discuss David Walsh anymore? He is a double standard fan with a typewriter, who loves the most boring GT on the calendar - his 1999 assumption on the Tour de Renewal was so utterly naive it is even embarrassing, did he see the Giro/Vuelta that year? - , who sometimes get a good tip and subsequently writes an article on those tips. A man who states there is more doping in one day races than in Grand Tours is not to be taken seriously.

Thanks to Zam we could read - free - what Doc MasterCard [=joke] would not - and could not - provide, it was fluffy again. A Sky PR move. JTL is a goner, free of charge.
 
Oct 16, 2010
13,578
1
0
Dr. Maserati said:
Hi Sniper,
"Blind support" eh?

You know how I asked and you deflected on the headlines - so here is yesterdays "Sky cyclist under suspicion".

Would you call that "Blind support"?
i call yesterday's paper, including title, Limited Hangout ;)
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
sniper said:
i don't care.
again, just saying the libel issue is not an issue.
So he should disregard the libel issue? That should be thought in universities the length and breadth of Britain that teach journalism. Come to the Clinic, we'll show how it's done.
 
Jun 19, 2009
11,437
0
0
sniper said:
i call yesterday's paper, including title, Limited Hangout ;)
The reason I refer to the earlier LA/Ferrari article which you have deflected on is because that headline was:

"Saddled with suspicion".
Was that piece on LA limited hangout too?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts