• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 197 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not so fast Hog.

I didn't provide the links because I took my children out to the park.....I've now got a brief interlude before I meet some friends at the pub for the weekly quiz......you see I'm not glued to the internet waiting to counter whatever weak blows you come up with.....real people are more important. to me.....especially my own family...

....however....thank you Granville for posting those links. :)...they are the very same ones I would have posted myself when I would have got round to it.....it is especially gratifying that you did it in a non-partisan way because you saw that I was correct

....now to hogs failure to understand how publicising this spat was a career move....its very simple.....he wants to corner the market as the anti-doping crusader journalist because doping stories are the big sellers.....Tour winners are also big sellers but Walsh got that gig (you will try and leap in and use that as a counter, hog).....he also sees an opening now that Walsh has moved himself away from that as the focus of his work.......so what does Kimmage do?....he tries to discredit Walsh and he does it by alleging a massive row in an airport where he "shouted at Walsh for two hours"

Why does he want us to know this detail?....because after all, the only reason we know it is because he has told us....nobody else has....he wants us to know it because he think it will demonstrate the purity of his cause...

.....ask yourselves this.....who told us about this argument....did we really need to know?.....why did he want us to know?

I must admit, hog, I am a little surprised at your naivity as to how the media work.

Mark L

thehog said:
Yes beating Alberto Contador on a mountain... :cool:

v8lv1f.jpg

contador-saxo-bank-sungard-tenido-suerte-opcion_1_663225.jpg

:p

LaFlorecita said:
I love how they have to explain who Contador is for those British July fan newbies:eek: "Alberto Contador, a Tour de France winner and coffee drinking, chain lubing amigo"

Yes it's funny. I think even Walsh would have beaten Contador that day! LOL! :cool:

David's Internet mustn't have been working the day he wrote that chapter ;)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I love how they have to explain who Contador is for those British July fan newbies...

It is precious, is it not?

And then there's Bertie, gently cruising to the line, with not so much as a bead of sweat on his forehead. :D

Such domination by the Dawg! :eek:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:

This article was written after he got a job at the Sunday Independent so no 'career move' or 'self publicity'.

Granville57 said:

This is a rewritten paste and copy of the above link.

Granville57 said:

This article is the lead article about him writing for the sunday independent again! so the accusation of 'career move' and self publicity dont work in this link

Granville57 said:
Oh look, a podcast!
[url="https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains-it-com/second-captains-july-23rd]https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains-it-com/second-captains-july-23rd

This is from this year where he was working at the Sunday independent so no longer a career move as he has a job.

He has been asked a few times on radio about it. But only after he got a job. So again hardly self publicity or a career move!

So the accusation of self publicity and career move is trolling.

I'm afraid, Bennotti, that just because Bennotti doesn't understand something doesn't mean its trolling

......to put it as simply as I possibly can for you.....his repeated talking about his fall out with Walsh is like clickbait.....people hear it.....get interested because people love gossip....and then they look out for his next article either in print or an actual click on the online edition

You do actually realise why papers put out online editions dont you?.....and you do realise what finances them don't you and why clicks are important.....and you are able to understand why a journalist writing for said paper will try and get as many people to click as possible don't you?

Mark L

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ebandit said:
I'm afraid, Bennotti, that just because Bennotti doesn't understand something doesn't mean its trolling

......to put it as simply as I possibly can for you.....his repeated talking about his fall out with Walsh is like clickbait.....people hear it.....get interested because people love gossip....and then they look out for his next article either in print or an actual click on the online edition

You do actually realise why papers put out online editions dont you?.....and you do realise what finances them don't you and why clicks are important.....and you are able to understand why a journalist writing for said paper will try and get as many people to click as possible don't you?

Mark L

So asked for links to back up your post and you provided nothing.

All the links granville provided are after he got a job. So where was the 'career move' that you accused him of using the falling out with Walsh.

Yep, i call you trolling.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TheSpud said:
Then why are you still posting in it, or are you just playing the man and not the ball?

Martin. All I said was that the issue of Walsh being on the bandwagon has been settled, since everyone agrees he is and those who said we must read his articles magically stopped posting around the time the first book came out.

The thread is much better now that we don't have to deal with all the vortexing and instead can focus on reading Walsh' books and laughing at them.

the sceptic said:
Martin. All I said was that the issue of Walsh being on the bandwagon has been settled, since everyone agrees he is and those who said we must read his articles magically stopped posting around the time the first book came out.

The thread is much better now that we don't have to deal with all the vortexing and instead can focus on reading Walsh' books and laughing at them.

Here's a Walsh/Dawg classic:

dpe987.jpg

thehog said:
Here's a Walsh/Dawg classic:

dpe987.jpg

Which actually is completely consistent with what Froome has been doing - he had a TUE for Romandie. Now, if someone needs stuff like that to be able to breathe then they should probably be laid up in bed - but anyway, that is a discussion in another thread.

A 'classic' would be calling for Tramadol to be banned / controlled whilst popping loads all the time.

TheSpud said:
Which actually is completely consistent with what Froome has been doing - he had a TUE for Romandie. Now, if someone needs stuff like that to be able to breathe then they should probably be laid up in bed - but anyway, that is a discussion in another thread.

A 'classic' would be calling for Tramadol to be banned / controlled whilst popping loads all the time.

"I do not take any painkillers or stimulants whist racing or training"

:cool: