• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Italy names world championships teams

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Fairly light on the domestiques though, innit? They need the race to be hard to try and lose Cav, but not many guys to pull it along.

I suppose anyone will work at the Worlds. Or they could just attack and force others to chase.

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
TeoSheva said:
he is in! The major sites forgot to put his name, but he's in. Anyway, I think that Quinziato or Tosatto will be a reserve.

Don't think so. They need guys like Quinziato and Tosatto to work.

TeoSheva said:
are you referring to Petacchi? I don't think he has a good shape, Bennati did better than him at la Vuelta.

Then, when you sayd Modolo maybe you meant Marcato, and Belletti is in.

Petacchi is one of those names, his form was starting to click in...and what about Rebellin? He's THAT good, even if he didn't ride much. Not to mention the witch hunt that destroyed for example Ballan, or Bruseghin. But let's not get into clinic related issues...

I made a mistake, as you said it was Marcato I meant, sorry...and Belletti yeah, didn't see him :p

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
I can see the Italian train lining up next to the German train with 2km to go.
Should be interesting to watch.

a shame neither have the man to finish it off. ;)

I kid of course, not a bad line up. hoping Italia can animate the race.

This is probably about the best team he could've selected for this parcours.

Pozzato and Ballan could've improved it, but they haven't had very good years for whatever reasons.

In 366 days and 19 hours we will Cunego and a more climber-orientated team in Limburg.

TRENDING THREADS