• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"It's not about the Bike" - get your money back!

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Archibald said:

Since this whole train wreck occurred, I've been really loving reading all his quotes. It's become something to do while I'm bored at work.

"Hard work, sacrifice and focus will never show up in tests.”

"I like our credibility."

"The simple truth is that we outwork everyone. But when you perform at a higher level in a race, you get questions about doping."

And one of my favourites.

"I have been on my deathbed, and I'm not stupid. I can emphatically say I am not on drugs."

"Why would I enter into a sport and then dope myself up and risk my life again? That's crazy. I would never do that. No way."

"If you're trying to hide something, you wouldn't keep getting away with it for 10 years. Nobody is that clever."

To me, Watching and listening to this whole Lance Armstrong debacle is like watching a nascar race. It's really brutal, but I can't look away as I wait for the next 10 car crash to happen.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Bosco10 said:
Sally Jenkins has some sweet quotes too: "I'm an outlier".."I just can't get angry at Lance".."He's a nice guy".....<barf>

Translation:
I'm an outlier = Since I was one of those "on the inside", my morality was compromised.

I just can't get angry at Lance = When I made millions of him, my morality was sold

he's a nice guy= he's nice to me when he is pretending to be someone he is not and is trying to sell that image to the public, and I was a part of that

TRENDING THREADS