• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Itzulia Basque Country 2024, April 1-6

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Does Carlton Kirby never have a day off? He just did RVV, so I really wasn't expecting him to be there to annoy me on the Pais Vasco broadcast too. He should be tested for doping. This is extra-terrestrial.

I doubt he has as many commenting days as Thomas Bay on Danish Eurosport. It's insane how often he is on. All Grand Tours, all one-week stage races (as long as they don't overlap), all major one-day races, all cyclocross races in the road's off-season, even track racing I think. Back in the day, he would even comment both on the Giro and the Tour of California.

I think he says he has done around 70 Grand Tours in a row. Of course that was not quite possible in 2020, but he got on the Vuelta as soon as the Giro was done.

Thank God that he is good at his job!

That job is anyone's wet dream, aint it? Well apart from being an actual GOAT-level rider like Pogacar, deciding when and where he wants to win bike races.

I used to really love this race, but man, I can't really get too hyped until Saturday. And on Saturday all I can think about is Roubaix anyways!

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
I doubt he has as many commenting days as Thomas Bay on Danish Eurosport. It's insane how often he is on. All Grand Tours, all one-week stage races (as long as they don't overlap), all major one-day races, all cyclocross races in the road's off-season, even track racing I think. Back in the day, he would even comment both on the Giro and the Tour of California.

I think he says he has done around 70 Grand Tours in a row. Of course that was not quite possible in 2020, but he got on the Vuelta as soon as the Giro was done.

Yep. I think he is the best we have, he's great on many parameters.

Reactions: tobydawq

I'm not familiar with Danish Eurosport, but I know that the British/international channel has a lot of other commentators they can use, and all of them are better than Kirby. And I refuse to believe that the producers think that he is so great that they want to cram him into as many broadcasts as possible.

I think so too along with Ritter. Cannot decide who I like most out of those 2, but I always end up on TV2 anyways when given the choice due to commercials.

You don't have Discovery+?

Brian Holm drives me away from Eurosport, when TV2 is also showing a race. I think Bay's only weakness is that he is a little too glad to agree with Holm for the sake of peace in the commenting booth.

You don't have Discovery+?

Brian Holm drives me away from Eurosport, when TV2 is also showing a race. I think Bay's only weakness is that he is a little too glad to agree with Holm for the sake of peace in the commenting booth.
Nope. These days I pretty much only watch the classics, follow the one week races more sporadically (I tune in for the good stages) and the GTs. I don't even know what it costs and what you get, but Im fine just catching the real big stuff on TV2 and the rest on ES with commercials here and there

I'm not familiar with Danish Eurosport, but I know that the British/international channel has a lot of other commentators they can use, and all of them are better than Kirby. And I refuse to believe that the producers think that he is so great that they want to cram him into as many broadcasts as possible.
Same broadcasters think we want Adam Blythe too...

Nope. These days I pretty much only watch the classics, follow the one week races more sporadically (I tune in for the good stages) and the GTs. I don't even know what it costs and what you get, but Im fine just catching the real big stuff on TV2 and the rest on ES with commercials here and there

It costs 129 DKK a month and you get everything apart from the World Championships.

Reactions: Sandisfan