• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jail time for Lance? Thoughts peeps?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Plain and simple - if Lance was any color/ethnicity other than white, he would be/would have been prosecuted and sent to jail. You other folks on this thread won't say it, but it is plain reality in the USA. Don't even bother denying it - please.

fujisst said:
Plain and simple - if Lance was any color/ethnicity other than white, he would be/would have been prosecuted and sent to jail. You other folks on this thread won't say it, but it is plain reality in the USA. Don't even bother denying it - please.

Not quite as sad, but equally true, if he was any other colour, he would never have had a chance to make it in the first instance

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
coinneach said:
Not quite as sad, but equally true, if he was any other colour, he would never have had a chance to make it in the first instance

Yeah, Marion Jones never had a chance to make it either. Neither did Barry Bonds.

Lance Armstrong is simply the 'right' color/ethnicity to avoid criminal prosecution and jail time. Your snarky attempt to minimize this only underscores my point - thanks.

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
fujisst said:

I'll deny it. What's your rationale?

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I don't think lance has perjured himself like Jones did. He hasn't been given the opportunity.
I alwas wondered why Novitzky didn't question Armstrong under oath during the now defunct federal investigation. Did Birotte pull the plug before Novitzky's investigators had the chance, or did Lance's lawyers indicate that Armstrong would invoke the 5th amendment?

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
fujisst said:
Yeah, Marion Jones never had a chance to make it either. Neither did Barry Bonds.

Lance Armstrong is simply the 'right' color/ethnicity to avoid criminal prosecution and jail time. Your snarky attempt to minimize this only underscores my point - thanks.

Color has nothing to do with it. Lance wields vast political influence through Livestrong. Bill Clinton is reputed to have been the one to suggest not prosecuting him to Birotte. Not for his color, but for politics.

Once this influence has been brought to heel, I think we will see a resumption of criminal proceedings.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
fujisst said:

Sorry to burst your theory
307vy42.jpg

The only color of concern in this case is Green.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
fujisst said:

Wrong.

It's the color of money that's influencing the outcomes.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know what's up with the alleged FBI investigation into allegations of death threats and potential witness tampering that Tygart referred to in his interview with Scott Pelley on 60 Minutes Sports? TT told Scott he had turned the anonymous threats he received over to the FBI and that they were investigating. Has that gone anywhere? As promised, I didn't watch the Oprah extravaganza (didn't have the stomach for it), but I haven't seen any mention since of what he may have lied about or avoided answering because of THAT potential legal liability.

Thanks. And I really enjoyed reading the Clinic play-by-play. Good stuff!

Susan

May 9, 2009
Visit site
fujisst said:

Lame troll.

Try again.

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Love the Scenery said:
You wish.

It was also used to pay a lobbyist to lobby congress to eliminate anti-doping laws. You call that cancer awareness?

Dig deep enough and you will find all sorts of personal use of Livestrong funds by Lance Armstrong, if Livestrong used foundation money to fight antidoping laws, it's probably not the only case of blatant misuse of foundation money to be discovered. Most importantly, it was solicited with fraudulent representations concerning the foundation and its founder. How many times did he lie in order to convince people to give him money? How many times did he talk about his great comeback from cancer and tell people that if he could do it so could they, and won't they give him money? There's plenty of room for a class-action suit. Such a suit would probably force all kinds of Livestrong financial records into the open.
We can only hope that the action has legs....

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Desperate Moments said:
Does anybody know what's up with the alleged FBI investigation into allegations of death threats and potential witness tampering that Tygart referred to in his interview with Scott Pelley on 60 Minutes Sports? TT told Scott he had turned the anonymous threats he received over to the FBI and that they were investigating. Has that gone anywhere? As promised, I didn't watch the Oprah extravaganza (didn't have the stomach for it), but I haven't seen any mention since of what he may have lied about or avoided answering because of THAT potential legal liability.

Thanks. And I really enjoyed reading the Clinic play-by-play. Good stuff!

Susan

That it was shelved.

If there is any movement it will be noted here pretty damn quick.

The next big move is the Qui Tam case and whether the DOJ will come on board to sue Tailwind for fraudulant use of government money (USPS)

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
That it was shelved.

If there is any movement it will be noted here pretty damn quick.

The next big move is the Qui Tam case and whether the DOJ will come on board to sue Tailwind for fraudulant use of government money (USPS)

The next big move is probably SCA filing suit. I think the DOJ is dragging its heels as long as possible

May 26, 2010
Visit site
WinterRider said:
The next big move is probably SCA filing suit. I think the DOJ is dragging its heels as long as possible

Yeah the SCA will lodge a case, but I imagine that will take a long time. Armstrong's lawyers are going to milk him for a long time to come.

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Sorry to burst your theory
307vy42.jpg

The only color of concern in this case is Green.

Yeah, he takes orders from no one.:rolleyes:

So very interesting only dissenters have bothered to comment not that I really was expecting an admission against interest. Speaks volumes...

fujisst said:
Yeah, he takes orders from no one.:rolleyes:

So very interesting only dissenters have bothered to comment not that I really was expecting an admission against interest. Speaks volumes...

Yes, it does.

The volumes it speaks are 100% dissension.

You have no support. You would have been better served to have a poll. Perhaps someone, anonymously even with an anonymous handle, might have picked 'Other'.

Aside from the obvious bigotry, your idea is so thin it is transparent.

Dumb.

Dave.

kurtinsc said:
What?

Link to me defending armstrong. Show me the post. About the closest thing I recall posting was along the lines of "He cheated, but everyone else did too."

I did defend the charity (as opposed to Lance) for a while and found that I was quite wrong about that. I stepped back from that stance and aplogized back when the IPO for Demand media went out.

And secondly, I have no idea who you are. Excuse me if I ****ed in your cornflakes at some point.

You, flicker/BillytheKid, and Polish have been Armstrong biggest chamois-sniffers.

At least admit it. All of us who have been here for the past 2 years know it.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
fujisst said:
Marion Jones was is jail. Bonds lucky to skirt.

That said, I think 99% in baseball are on it, 100% in gridiron, and bonds and the texan pitcher armstrong is mates with, are the only ones who get the full force.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Aleajactaest said:
No, it is not. USPS bought visibility and advertising. Once the team had the money, USPS no longer had any say is how it was spent. To prevail they would have to prove damages which I doubt they can do. Arguably, they got more advertising and exposure every year as his titles increased. Hence their return on investmet matches their increased expense.

USPS put stipulations in their sponsorship contract. These stipulation do provide a say as to how the money can't be spent.

TRENDING THREADS