• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jail time for Lance? Thoughts peeps?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2012
Visit site
fujisst said:
Yeah, he takes orders from no one.:rolleyes:

So very interesting only dissenters have bothered to comment not that I really was expecting an admission against interest. Speaks volumes...

He takes orders from this guy:
eric-holder771.gif

Who in turn takes orders from this guy:
220px-Official_portrait_of_Barack_Obama.jpg

And he suggests he takes orders from this guy:
black-jesus-sacred.jpeg

What was your point again?

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
That it was shelved.

If there is any movement it will be noted here pretty damn quick.

The next big move is the Qui Tam case and whether the DOJ will come on board to sue Tailwind for fraudulant use of government money (USPS)

Well, THAT is outrageous--especially shelving the witness tampering aspect, as we know that at least 2 grand jury witnesses were threatened directly by Lance. Nothing anonymous about THOSE threats. And that's a criminal offense. Thanks for the info, Benotti. Good to know.

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Internet arguing? Please. Much better things to do with my time. Don't need to prove anything as I live it everyday. Suckers are those that have the time and mentality to want to sit around at a keyboard arguing and debating with anonomous pseudonyms.

Regarding the disparate prosecutorial rates in the USA - it is what it is. Oh, the USA has a black President so there can't be any more racism - right? LOL! Very hilarious the attempts at denial of what is clearly obvious. Glad I could shake a stick in your beehive.

Lance Armstrong hasn't been brought under criminal charges because he is of the majority population, and the majority population's collective ego (sense of self) could not stand to see him behind bars, irrespective of his criminal enterprises, multi-million dollar fraud committed against the American taxpayers, and perjury. If he was a minority, he'd be gone already as Birotte would've notched his belt. Plain, simple, fact. Oh yeah, Birotte and Holder, under the watch of Obama, don't prosecute minorities - oops, my mistake.

Race/ethnicity has EVERYTHING to do with why Lance Armstrong is not in jail right now. Folks don't want to discuss it because everyone (well, those in the majority population) is more comfortable pretending it doesn't exist. Easier on the conscience, I suppose. All to obvious to us minorities.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
It appears that LA has some serious psychological issues. Many on the forum have commented on his sociopathic and narcissistic tendencies.

Perhaps, rather than jail time, it would be appropriate to lock LA up in a mental institute for a while.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
fujisst said:
Internet arguing? Please. Much better things to do with my time. Don't need to prove anything as I live it everyday. Suckers are those that have the time and mentality to want to sit around at a keyboard arguing and debating with anonomous pseudonyms.

Regarding the disparate prosecutorial rates in the USA - it is what it is. Oh, the USA has a black President so there can't be any more racism - right? LOL! Very hilarious the attempts at denial of what is clearly obvious. Glad I could shake a stick in your beehive.

Lance Armstrong hasn't been brought under criminal charges because he is of the majority population, and the majority population's collective ego (sense of self) could not stand to see him behind bars, irrespective of his criminal enterprises, multi-million dollar fraud committed against the American taxpayers, and perjury. If he was a minority, he'd be gone already as Birotte would've notched his belt. Plain, simple, fact. Oh yeah, Birotte and Holder, under the watch of Obama, don't prosecute minorities - oops, my mistake.

Race/ethnicity has EVERYTHING to do with why Lance Armstrong is not in jail right now. Folks don't want to discuss it because everyone (well, those in the majority population) is more comfortable pretending it doesn't exist. Easier on the conscience, I suppose. All to obvious to us minorities.

Cool story bro.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
they came for the jews, they came for the blacks, they came for the muslims,

only on the continent do they throw millar, di gregorio, and the bus driver plus mrs rumsas in the pen

fujisst said:
Yeah, Marion Jones never had a chance to make it either. Neither did Barry Bonds.

Lance Armstrong is simply the 'right' color/ethnicity to avoid criminal prosecution and jail time. Your snarky attempt to minimize this only underscores my point - thanks.

Boy, you are touchy, mate! No attempt to minimise it at all.

How many black procyclists are there?
And yes, we do have one top cyclist who comes from Kenya, but it just so happens, he's white.

Its not to do with natural talent, more an indictment of how youngsters are treated, I'd say, and what role models there are for them

And mods, I know this is slightly off topic, but it surely is worthy of some debate?? And something worth trying to change:confused:

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
fujisst said:
Plain and simple - if Lance was any color/ethnicity other than white, he would be/would have been prosecuted and sent to jail./QUOTE]

Early days yet! He's only been popularly accepted as a liar and cheat for a scant few months.

I'm interested in your argument, though.

Lance's background was hardly priveleged; white yes, but working class, absent father, raised by his mother. He certainly didn't inherit the mantle of an establishment figure or the automatic immunity that may confer. His largely self-made celebrity did arrive with a simulacra of that mantle. He eploited this mercilessly and (almost) perfectly, but I think he, as much as those in thrall to it, failed to see that his assumption of privelege was always transient, nebulous, contingent. In this there is certainly a tragic arc to Armstrong's rise and fall.

Lance has subsequently been cast adrift by the establishment he once aspired to join. In a sense, he is defunct.

In the how, there is bound to be some racial nuance, but I think that in the why, you will find that Lance's story is not hugely different to Marion's.

TheBean said:
It appears that LA has some serious psychological issues. Many on the forum have commented on his sociopathic and narcissistic tendencies.

Perhaps, rather than jail time, it would be appropriate to lock LA up in a mental institute for a while.

lol.. He may be like another McMurphy in Cuckoo's Nest. Only Lance would be more sinister, not much humor at all.

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Not sure how to make it clear but the race angle in this topic is off topic and off limits. I've had to delete more posts. Next steps will unfortunately be thread closure and/or more bans. Please move on.

Ok. Goodbye.

TRENDING THREADS