• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jaksche says 2009 Tour winner will be a doper

A

Anonymous

Some around here say they are tired of talking about doping.

Appearently CN is not.

I know susan comes on here so I hope she's not to upset when I say I think that was lazy journalism and a cheap headline. It's almost tabloid.

It's no wonder he can't get hired if he has such an attitude. It's like he's admitting he can't ride clean because he still claims the field is dirty. It's almost an admission that he'd dope again.

If this guy actually knows something, like how they will do it and how to catch them he should say it. Otherwise STFU.

"Disgraced former pro says sport lends itself to doping"

Who cares?

A

Anonymous

workingclasshero said:
ok you don't like that some people don't lick the **** of lance & co. but why post this twice?

what was the point of this article? disgraced rider who can't find a job thinks they all still dope. do you really care what this guy thinks?

it was a cheap and easy headline with nothing to offer but titillation.

Nothing to do with Lance.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
jackhammer111 said:
what was the point of this article? disgraced rider who can't find a job thinks they all still dope. do you really care what this guy thinks?

it was a cheap and easy headline with nothing to offer but titillation.

Nothing to do with Lance.

i find it interesting that someone who has a lot more insight into and personal experience with the daily life of a rider and the peloton than any of us thinks you can't win without doping. same goes for kohl's comments, quite interesting to me.

as for a cheap and easy headline, well i think it sums up what he says pretty well

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
The top 50 places more or less in 2009 will all be blood doping with their own blood. The entire top 10 for sure, then sprinkled on down.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Jakchse is making a valid point

The bottom line is: is it possible to win contenders who have doped without doping?
Modern technology improves performance. The performance differences between athletes at the top level are tiny.
I think Jacshe is trying to tell us that doping is an accepted (perhaps even encouraged) practice in the business.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
fillari said:
I think Jacshe is trying to tell us that doping is an accepted (perhaps even encouraged) practice in the business.

“I know from the way they ride the next day that they are taking dope. I don’t want to have to take it – I have too much respect for my body – but if I don’t win a big event soon, I shall have to start taking it”

tommy simpson

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
And ignoring the problem will make it go away?

Susan

The interviews with the Passport experts we great. We noticed the Hemoglobin Mass question was asked in one of those interviews.

I applaud you for that!~!!

Talking about what can be done is great.

Ringing up a few disgruntled, disgraced, and dismissed dopers just to ask there opinion doesn't advance the discussion an inch when they have nothing but that unsupported opinion to give.

I stand by my comment that it's lazy reporting, almost as bad writers that think what readers really want is another Lance Armstrong story.

I'm the one who had opened threads on here asking readers what they would do to stop doping. There's some good stuff in there.

I also opened threads addressing both the power meter idea, and hemoglobin mass tests. I really wish that either of them looked like something that could be implemented. You probably already know that both are loaded with difficult practical problems.

Nobody here thinks ignoring the problem will make it go away and if you think I do you are incorrect.

Actualy, I think CN does a pretty good job. I figure you don't really have the resources to go after the kind of inside investigative stories that could really have in impact on doping.

You're the journalist. Finding out what's happening is your job, not just reporting someones unfounded opinion.

Did anyone here actually read the article? Or know what his background is?

Let's take a look at the big picture here. After Jorg tested positive he confessed, eventually spilling his guts and told just about everything about the dirty ways of cycling as he saw it. As a reward he was ostracized from the sport as a pariah. Even after his suspension no other team would sign him, even on a Continental level, and no other rider will support him.

Jorg didn't just come out of the woodwork, hold a press conference, and say "a doper will win". He was approached by Tagesspiegel am Sonntag, and gave his answer. CN ran with that story. The only thing possibly "tabloid" about it is the headline. It's not like CN tracked him down for an exclusive interview, had a few hours of his time and this is all they asked.

In this situation, what would you have them do?

Following the links on the first article will send you to here: His full detailed confession. If the UCI (or other governing bodies) didn't want to work with him, how is that his fault?

Why someone who's been caught and simply says: "History is about to repeat itself." is so obviously motivated to lying, while someone who has circumstantial evidence of cheating against him says: "Trust me, everybody's now clean." is to be believed.

As Susan says ignoring the problem will not make it go away, same as those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it.

JJ was a very able rider who could have STFU and easily got a ride in the peloton. Instead, he gave it up and felt the full weight of Omerta.

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
I think you can see that others disagree with this description of Jaksche.

Susan

what i meant by unfounded was he's bringing anything new to the discussion. Allegations are easy to come by.

I really hope he's wrong because this sport is about one about one doping scandal from obscurity.

Fans and sponsors are fed up. They'll be lucky if they can get money from a local bike shop.

Thanks for reading

A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
Why someone who's been caught and simply says: "History is about to repeat itself." is so obviously motivated to lying, while someone who has circumstantial evidence of cheating against him says: "Trust me, everybody's now clean." is to be believed.

As Susan says ignoring the problem will not make it go away, same as those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it.

JJ was a very able rider who could have STFU and easily got a ride in the peloton. Instead, he gave it up and felt the full weight of Omerta.

Kohl just got a contract.

What's that say about the all powerful "omerta"?

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I think there should be some amnesty to the riders who are caught and tell all (not in a book or to the press) but to UCI or AFLD or the police and we can see this from Kohl and Jaksche, the peloton say they are bitter but the peloton and management are probably shi++ing themselves.

Make this a judicial process and we will start to see a cleaner sport

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
And ignoring the problem will make it go away?

Susan

^^^this

Susan is just reporting what she hears. If anything, we need more people willing to report these kind of things. Much love for Susan!

Please don't make her ride in the blimp for the TDF. . .

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
jackhammer111 said:
Some around here say they are tired of talking about doping.

Appearently CN is not.

I know susan comes on here so I hope she's not to upset when I say I think that was lazy journalism and a cheap headline. It's almost tabloid.

It's no wonder he can't get hired if he has such an attitude. It's like he's admitting he can't ride clean because he still claims the field is dirty. It's almost an admission that he'd dope again.

If this guy actually knows something, like how they will do it and how to catch them he should say it. Otherwise STFU.

"Disgraced former pro says sport lends itself to doping"

Who cares?

I'm going to assume that you simply don't know what you're talking about, and are not a troll.

Jasksche has already told the press everything he knows about doping. He named his suppliers, described how Riis, Saiz, Fuentes, and others helped him. It's all in CN if you want to search for it.... So what more do you want for him?

What was his reward for speaking the truth? He was ostracized from the sport. Besides being one of the most successful riders in Germany, he couldn't find a team, including on any of the so-called clean teams.

There is nothing tabloid about reporting about Jaksche--understanding his case is essential to understanding how omerta in cycling works.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
But we like blimp people :)

It's not like she has to pedal to make the blimp go :p

As an aircraft mechanic by trade, i too like the blimp :)

And I don't think it can be taken down by the omerta . . .So it's all good ;)

TRENDING THREADS