• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jan Ullrich

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping in this thread, we can prove that Jan Ullrich never did drugs through photographic evidence.

jan.jpg

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
mombus said:
I'm hoping in this thread, we can prove that Jan Ullrich never did drugs through photographic evidence.

jan.jpg

I'd rather be like Ullrich who raced like an animal, was a champion and was liked by all. And, in his free time ate, drank and partied like ... well a normal person. Tell me you won't want to hang with Jan?

The alternative is the current stigmata of contemporary cycling and a US Federal inquiry.

NW

PS: you really need to look at the photo of Zabel and Ullrich. Is that the image of an overweight TdF rider? Propaganda can kill you.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Phil, Paul and Bob pointed out his problem:

'he pushes a big gear. He should learn how to spin a lighter gear like Lance'.

Excuse while I go and throw up. Repeatedly. For days on end.

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Neworld said:
I'd rather be like Ullrich who raced like an animal, was a champion and was liked by all. And, in his free time ate, drank and partied like ... well a normal person. Tell me you won't want to hang with Jan?

The alternative is the current stigmata of contemporary cycling and a US Federal inquiry.

NW

PS: you really need to look at the photo of Zabel and Ullrich. Is that the image of an overweight TdF rider? Propaganda can kill you.

stigma, you d***.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
compete_clean said:

Great riders do ride high cadance. There is no excuse for Ullrich not to copy Indurain and Lances' cadence, it is uber efficient. Cycling is not power lifting.

Ullrichs' coaches were wrong, big problem.

Even in cross training for cycling it is power, aerobics, speed and agility.

Ulrich needed to wind it up. Lance was cruising in his gears and when it was go time he ramped it up. The days of the"Big Diesel" are gone.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
compete_clean said:

... and he should have trained harder. :rolleyes:

Back to the topic, my evidence:
ullrich-bier-17371127-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Cadence my posterior (can't believe the swear filter doesn't allow the name of a donkey).
One of the best performances imo was actually one that some people put down as LAs.
When LA had the bag-in-handlebar crash and then attacked.
I was amazed at how, once the lead was stabilized, Jan managed to match LA stroke for stroke.

One thing I'll never know though is whether he was the most naturally gifted cyclist of his generation, or whether he was just on drugs from a very young age.

To keep it on topic, here's my photo...
images

May 11, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Great riders do ride high cadance. There is no excuse for Ullrich not to copy Indurain and Lances' cadence, it is uber efficient. Cycling is not power lifting.

Ullrichs' coaches were wrong, big problem.

Even in cross training for cycling it is power, aerobics, speed and agility.

Ulrich needed to wind it up. Lance was cruising in his gears and when it was go time he ramped it up. The days of the"Big Diesel" are gone.

We get it. You're a complete troll. Joke is on us.

Is there a way to block this tool so that i don't have to see his posts pop up?

TRENDING THREADS