• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jasper Philipsen thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just found it via Google: https://www.procyclingstats.com/national-race/saitama-criterium/2022/result

It apparently cannot be found via PCS directly. At least I wouldn‘t have found it.

Was not raced as an actual „Criterium“, where you gain points. In Saitama, they counted race time and time gaps.

Better Saitama than no racing at all. And very soon, there come San Luis and TDU, so we very soon will have to watch nice racing, again…

I just found it via Google: https://www.procyclingstats.com/national-race/saitama-criterium/2022/result

It apparently cannot be found via PCS directly. At least I wouldn‘t have found it.

Was not raced as an actual „Criterium“, where you gain points. In Saitama, they counted race time and time gaps.

Better Saitama than no racing at all. And very soon, there come San Luis and TDU, so we very soon will have to watch nice racing, again…

I don't think it's better than no racing. Criteriums are a pre-scripted circus, definitely not worth my time to be looking at.

I don't think it's better than no racing. Criteriums are a pre-scripted circus, definitely not worth my time to be looking at.

Yeah, I remember the good old times, when hundreds of females, aged 18 to 78, visited Kurpark Criterium Bad Homburg, just to get a close-up view on Danilo Hondo‘s testicles, in cycling lycra shorts.

Damn, how I miss those days… grin

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Tof favorite for Gent Wevelgem?

Weather looks to be horrible tho (less wind, but rain all day), so could be too hard for him because of that but he looks to be in stellar form.
Depends how tuckered out Philipsen is from today's effort in the long-run.

He certainly was able to handle though conditions today and got over the Poggio fine enough on Saturday. Both together though, knolls and rain/wind might be a problem.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
Tof favorite for Gent Wevelgem?

Weather looks to be horrible tho (less wind, but rain all day), so could be too hard for him because of that but he looks to be in stellar form.
The weather forecast looks absolutely dreadful. This could really provide a great race. Pedersen and Kristoff should also benifit from this kind of weather. Guess Van Aert too. Unsure about guys like Laporte and De Lie.

Today Philipsen showed that more than a great sprinter, he is also a great classics rider and a possible Roubaix winner in the future. Now, for Alpecin's season to be perfect, Philipsen will beat Van Aert for the green jersey in the Tour with MVDP's help.
I would prefer some stage wins over the green jersey. Think Wout will take a lot of points at intermediates.

Impressive ride today! I'm so pleased for him, they were saying this was the season he had to shine in the classics or he stays just a sprinter. His endurance level took a leap, starting with the strong win in De Panne.
Was also great on the Poggio, but just behind the gap when Wellens pulled.
Glad he could close his classics campain like this.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS