• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jens Voigt

Not sure if there is such a thread here already, perhaps it can be named 'German cyclists,' or perhaps made into another category not named 'Jens Voigt,' but I found this very interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mflgWxJAR0w

We need more questions like ones Katrin Müller-Hohenstein presents to Voigt. Voigt, understandably, will defend the riders, even Manzano (the Spanish rider implicated in the Fuentes files). However, it's interesting that Voigt, when they cut back to Voigt after listening bits from the Manzano interview, essentially said that "Manzano is an angry rider...." Very Omertà-like by Jens.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
i did not like Jens. Sits just behind David Millar in my pantheon of disliked cyclists.

i did however like Jens in 1998 burying his dope by the roadside at the Tour when he was riding for Legeay and GAN.

There are alot of squirrels climbing around that region with high hematocrits.

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I loved the way Jens used the lance trick of having his dope in his shorts for the hour record attempt
Watch the old DVD's of Lance on his mountain attacks - just before he would launch a massive attack he would drop to the back of the group and pull his shorts back away from his butt and then place them back very specifically. as if there was a patch or injection sewn into his shorts, 2 - 3 minutes later he was a machine destroying the world

Watch Jens in his hour record attempt and around minute 34 into his attempt he pulls his shorts away from him and then remarkably within a few minutes his lap times - which were creeping up - start to drop back to being on record pace.

I can't believe he thought no one would be watching !!!!!

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
The point was more the arrogance of Jens that he was copying something Lance did his whole TDF career and thought he was so whiter than white in everyones eyes that no one would notice or question it.

Even the Liggett got suspicious of the move when lance did it for the 5th year running and disappeared up the road.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Re:

manafana said:
Still a legend Omerta or not

This so called Legend is a joke. Name one meaningful break away that had any significant impact on GC on any race? They were simply opportunistic show boating all when the peleton was at tempo. Same thing Freds do on PCH every Saturday morning. Always talking about his suffering blah blah like no one else suffers.

Memo to Jens; If you have to tell us it hurts all the time it probably didn't!

Re:

robertmooreheadlane said:
I loved the way Jens used the lance trick of having his dope in his shorts for the hour record attempt
Watch the old DVD's of Lance on his mountain attacks - just before he would launch a massive attack he would drop to the back of the group and pull his shorts back away from his butt and then place them back very specifically. as if there was a patch or injection sewn into his shorts, 2 - 3 minutes later he was a machine destroying the world

Watch Jens in his hour record attempt and around minute 34 into his attempt he pulls his shorts away from him and then remarkably within a few minutes his lap times - which were creeping up - start to drop back to being on record pace.

I'm not disputing what you say, but I couldn't find the moment you're referring to. I might just have missed it but I watched several minutes trying to find it.

Re:

Gung Ho Gun said:
Yeah his Deutschland Tour victories were legendary ... dropping Cunego and Leipheimer on a 10% climb

Good old Bernie Kohl said word going around the peloton at that time was that Jens was so desperate to win his home race that he was gambling his health by taking PFCs. You know, the kind of doping most don't do because it can kill you quickly. Gianetti was rushed to the hospital and nearly died from using it.

Anyway, Kohl apparently got a little drunk over dinner and yelled at the Team CSC table 'is it Team CSC or Team PFC?' and they sat there with faces like thunder.

Good times.

Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
Gung Ho Gun said:
Yeah his Deutschland Tour victories were legendary ... dropping Cunego and Leipheimer on a 10% climb

Good old Bernie Kohl said word going around the peloton at that time was that Jens was so desperate to win his home race that he was gambling his health by taking PFCs. You know, the kind of doping most don't do because it can kill you quickly. Gianetti was rushed to the hospital and nearly died from using it.

Anyway, Kohl apparently got a little drunk over dinner and yelled at the Team CSC table 'is it Team CSC or Team PFC?' and they sat there with faces like thunder.

Good times.

That's interesting, where did you hear that?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
and Johan Museeuw almost lost his leg at PAris Roubaix after the crash and the complications with perfluorocarbons

Gianetti and Museeuw gave perfluorocarbons a good name

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

TMP402 said:

I'm not disputing what you say, but I couldn't find the moment you're referring to. I might just have missed it but I watched several minutes trying to find it.

potbelge suppositories are under underrated. this is how they do the intestinal nutrition for hunger strikes at G-Bay. Wont find J-Law in these Hunger Games.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Boeing said:
manafana said:
Still a legend Omerta or not

This so called Legend is a joke. Name one meaningful break away that had any significant impact on GC on any race? They were simply opportunistic show boating all when the peleton was at tempo. Same thing Freds do on PCH every Saturday morning. Always talking about his suffering blah blah like no one else suffers.

Memo to Jens; If you have to tell us it hurts all the time it probably didn't!

like Titi Voeckler! If you can play up the pain and act for the camera, it is not the Stanislevski method. But the housewives of france like it.

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm not disputing what you say, but I couldn't find the moment you're referring to. I might just have missed it but I watched several minutes trying to find it.[/quote]

Watch it from 32 minutes he adjusts his shorts and pulls his short away from his backside
Then watch Lance attack on any of his mountain top finishes and 30 minutes from the summit just before he attacks he does the same thing.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

nayr497 said:
Never heard of or thought about them having something sewn into their bibs or skinsuit. Wow.

What exactly would give them a boost via the backside in such a short span?

suppository G-spot prostate Belge-pot

The Hitch said:
GuyIncognito said:
Gung Ho Gun said:

Good times.

That's interesting, where did you hear that?

I believe it was here, but I don't speak danish and it's been years
http://www.feltet.dk/nyheder/bernhard_k ... ptCookie=1

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

Watch it from 32 minutes he adjusts his shorts and pulls his short away from his backside
Then watch Lance attack on any of his mountain top finishes and 30 minutes from the summit just before he attacks he does the same thing.

Or in the TT - I think from memory especially the one where he beat Ullrich by a minute in the opening 20km TT. Constant ass-pinching. Memory could be wrong, but seem to remember Liggett commenting on it too.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Dear Wiggo said:

Or in the TT - I think from memory especially the one where he beat Ullrich by a minute in the opening 20km TT. Constant ass-pinching. Memory could be wrong, but seem to remember Liggett commenting on it too.

this EuroDisney Millar, or about 2004 when DZ won it across the bridge?

TRENDING THREADS