• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johan's book

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe this is what's prompted Armstrong's date with Oprah? Get the truth (or LA's version of it) out there before the book appears. In which case, it's going to be a race as to who gets the juice out first.

Joachim

BANNED
Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Who is going to buy it?

Me.

One should never be blind to any views or potential evidence presented, regardless of whether it accords with one's own views. Nor should one cherry pick views and evidence that only accords with one's views or prejudices.

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
I would also buy it. I agree with Joachim on this. I think it would be important to read what Bruyneel has to say.

One should read it. One must separately decide whether to believe it.

Susan

It is not going to be a tell all honest book.

He is hamstrung. The content must be consistent with his Arbitration defense and testimony under oath.

Unless he folds before the Hearing.

Joachim

BANNED
Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I would have thought that it will all be contingent upon what Larnce says next week.

I wonder if they are communicating???

doolols said:
Maybe this is what's prompted Armstrong's date with Oprah? Get the truth (or LA's version of it) out there before the book appears. In which case, it's going to be a race as to who gets the juice out first.

I'm intrigued by these factors too. I have no idea how Wonderboy could do damage control on a Johann tell-all. What could Johann add that is so terrible? Maybe UCI implications? I don't think Wonderboy will throw Johann under the bus either. He gets dragged down there too. Pre-controversy denial? Probably.

Johann's a minor figure in comparison to other actors in this drama. I'm not saying he wasn't important, just from a casual viewer's perspective, an unknown like a Thom Wiesel.

ElChingon said:
I usually don't read Psychology case books :D

This is the question. What should it be filed under?

- Fiction?
- Crime?
- Physical and Mental Health Case books?

Unless he is really blowing the whistle no one should buy it as a point of principle. If it is just pitiful whining and spin then anyone who buys for anything other than a joke it is either a fanboy, mentally ill or an omertist, or all three. Only an imbecile would buy it without browsing it first to see whether Hog is coming clean or still lying.

Although to be fair, most cycling autobiographies and biographies ought to be filed under fiction.

Susan Westemeyer said:
I would also buy it. I agree with Joachim on this. I think it would be important to read what Bruyneel has to say.

One should read it. One must separately decide whether to believe it.

Susan

I will get it from the library :) Definitely would read it; just not pay for it! But I would like to hear what he has to say.

I didn't pay to read Stefan Matschiner's tell-some chest bounding excuse for a boo.

Didn't pay for Hamilton's awesome tell-almost.

Certainly won't pay for Johan's feable attempt to save his behind, or evven go full genius. Don't like him, won't get through it most likely anyway. Will just horror over the cliff notes you'll feed me.

I used to hold a UCI license, lost some (minor) placing due to these guys. Decided to not even try and train to get into the pro leagues because it seemed 3 leagues away, when really it was only one league higher when they'd all be clean. Paying for a doper's book on doping seems like rewarding crime to me.

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
I didn't pay to read Stefan Matschiner's tell-some chest bounding excuse for a boo.

Certainly won't pay for Johan's feable attempt to save his behind, or evven go full genius. Don't like him, won't get through it most likely anyway. Will just horror over the cliff notes you'll feed me.

I used to hold a UCI license, lost some (minor) placing due to these guys. Decided to not even try and train to get into the pro leagues because it seemed 3 leagues away, when really it was only one league higher when they'd all be clean. Paying for a doper's book on doping seems like rewarding crime to me.

Could not agree more.

Cloxxki said:

It's got to be difficult for the likes of Hog and hack journalists whose lives have been built upon a lie and repeating that lie as the truth to differentiate between lies and truth.

Hence why some people have a lot of difficulty in buying the book and others see no problem in giving money to unrepentant dopers (while the likes of Kimmage remain unemployed).

A foreward for the book?

Tony Gallopin said:
“What did I learn from Johan? It was a great experience, I learned so much in the team with him. I only had a short time there but working with Johan and my uncle Alain (Gallopin) was a fantastic experience. I think Johan is a ‘grand monsieur’ in the world of cycling, he knows so much,” replied Gallopin, possibly not giving the answer expected of him.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/tour-de-france/tony-gallopin-says-tour-de-france-lead-thanks-french-solidarity-130141

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
1454978_10202386238078001_1979250941_n.jpg
:D

lean said:
the more i think about it, it's his best option. his DS days are CLEARLY over along with any serious earning potential in cycling. he has NOTHING left to lose.

he's probably made some dumb financial decisions and likely wasn't expecting early retirement. it's a way for him to cash in a little before fading away.

The steps to contented retirement as a doper and cheat are:

1. Stay in the public eye by starting an anti-cancer organization through which you get your expenses paid.

2. Buy a cheap, bankrupt hotel and turn it into a Cycling Camp and Spa.

3. Start a development team

4. Have a clothing line

5. Start a Gran Fondo

6. Get a job at USAC

7. Write a halfway truthful book - don't disclose too much to keep the masses guessing, because it leaves the door open for a sequel.

8. Marry the daughter of a Hollywood producer.

TRENDING THREADS