• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

John Degenkolb

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Meh. They dope, they obviously don't say they dope, they obviously say they don't dope, so they obviously say some **** about changing times and whatnot. As long as they keep the *** to a minimum and don't go aggressively out there insisting they're clean and just training harder while other people have a coffee, I'm ok with it .

The truth will set you free.

I don't put my hands in the fire for any professional rider but Degenkolb has shown a natural ability to go the distance of the big monuments ever since he turned pro. I hope he's clean(ish) and goes on to win Flanders, the Worlds and some Tour stages in his career.

Re: Re:

Susan Westemeyer said:
MagnificentMerckx said:
Mayomaniac said:
MagnificentMerckx said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Yo... was waiting for this... now the German bashing can start. M-SR and P-R. Must be hardcore doping.

But with that post, one has to ask ; Who was the last rider to win both San Remo and Roubaix in the same season ?
Sean Kelly, right?

Yep, you are correct.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/04/ ... int_366306

Degenkolb became only the third rider to win Milano-Sanremo and Paris-Roubaix in the same season; the last man was Sean Kelly, in 1986.

Who was the other ?

Cyriel Van Hauwaert in 1908
I always thought Merckx would have been the other one considering he won San Remo like 7 times. It's really a statistical anomally that he has never did the double :p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Meh. They dope, they obviously don't say they dope, they obviously say they don't dope, so they obviously say some **** about changing times and whatnot. As long as they keep the *** to a minimum and don't go aggressively out there insisting they're clean and just training harder while other people have a coffee, I'm ok with it .

this

in triplicate

trevim said:
I don't put my hands in the fire for any professional rider but Degenkolb has shown a natural ability to go the distance of the big monuments ever since he turned pro. I hope he's clean(ish) and goes on to win Flanders, the Worlds and some Tour stages in his career.

Cleanish or slightly dirty it's the same thing. The ASO contention is that if they don't test positive then they are clean but incomprehensible performances say otherwise. RP is always a bit of a lottery and there was no Boonen or Cancellara and a few other riders normally favoured in such a race are out of form. I don't see anything extraordinary in the wins of Degenkolb and Kristoff but of course that does not mean they are clean. If GVA is clean he would be more than a little pissed because he is always in the firing line at the finish but what are the chances ?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
Well obviously if he even believes Contador and Piti are now clean, he believes everyone is clean. It really isn't neccesary anymore to post everytime walsh once again someone says someone is clean.
true.
I love how he suggests we owe it to his tough questioning that the peloton is now clean, literally saying: "we have to continue asking questions. if we stop asking question, they will start doping again".
(said that right after vouching for the cleanliness of those Germans)

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

IndianCyclist said:
He could emulate both Kelly & Jalabert & win Vuelta with of course some Marginal Gains.

No way that he will ever win the Vuelta. Could set a record for monuments ?? One day classics rider. Prolific stage winner, predominantly flat. Not a mountain goat. Points Jersey chaser. Grand Tour winner....Nah !!.

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

shalgo said:
trevim said:
I always thought Merckx would have been the other one considering he won San Remo like 7 times. It's really a statistical anomaly that he has never did the double :p

Between 1966 and 1973, Merckx won either MSR or PR every year (but never both in the same year).

In 1969 Merckx won the Milan-San Remo and came second in the Paris-Roubaix.
He duplicated this feat in 1975.

TRENDING THREADS