• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

John Eustice: Wonderboy Tool

Jebus is this guy a Wonderboy tool. I just saw this asshat on CNN talking about LA, and this guy actually tries excusing him and uses the "he trained better than anyone else..blah blah blah" excuse. I dont care if he's a 2 time champ, he's a ******. It was almost comical to listen to him try to get around why Wonderboy did what he did. He's clearly IMO, on the LA pr team. I almost had to turn the channel for a second because he was filled w/so much bs. Someone asks him if he(Eustice)doped, and he gives the "that was a long time ago and I dont want to get into it" lame excuse. I wanted to just reach through the tv and punch him in the face.

If you get a chance listen to it, sorry I can't post the link, I'm on my phone. He was on w/ Soledad O Brien.

Carols said:
John Useless has been on my Do Not Pay Attention To list for years...totally useless :)

He and Phil Liggett can have a Lance pity-party together!

I hear ya, I was sitting there thinking "This guy can't be for real, can he? he just can't be". Sadly, I guess he is. Truthfully, I'm vaguely familiar with the guy, but from what I heard today, that might actually be a good thing.

86TDFWinner said:
I hear ya, I was sitting there thinking "This guy can't be for real, can he? he just can't be". Sadly, I guess he is. Truthfully, I'm vaguely familiar with the guy, but from what I heard today, that might actually be a good thing.

I very familiar with him; ex USA champ has been promoting/calling races on the east coast for decades.

86TDFWinner said:
Well he's certainly on the Wonderboy team with the obvious man crush for him he displayed on CNN. The CNN panel(from what I did see) seemed to ask great questions.

He was orgasmic when Lance won the Triple Crown in 1993 (? I'm old memory doesn't work so well)...but then so was I. I was on the side of the road for 2 of the 3 races and bouncing with Joy for Lance. The disillusionment came much later--2004.

John 'useless' obviously hasn't seen the light yet; that's a shame.

Carols said:
He was orgasmic when Lance won the Triple Crown in 1993 (? I'm old memory doesn't work so well)...but then so was I. I was on the side of the road for 2 of the 3 races and bouncing with Joy for Lance. The disillusionment came much later--2004.

John 'useless' obviously hasn't seen the light yet; that's a shame.

Theres nothing wrong w/arriving late to the party w/Wonderboy distain, your bs meter could only take so much. You smartened up quickly.

Eustice was a coach of mine many, many years ago ... even as a dipsh!t 15 year old junior I could tell that though he had an impressive palmares the guy was not operating with a full deck of cards intellectually. So really, nothing he does surprises me.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Red Lobster said:
Eustice was a coach of mine many, many years ago ... even as a dipsh!t 15 year old junior I could tell that though he had an impressive palmares the guy was not operating with a full deck of cards intellectually. So really, nothing he does surprises me.

Very true regarding his deck of cards.

But to say that he is on the Lance Armstrong PR team without proof is going a bit far in my opinion. (not your post Red Lobster but the original post in this thread says that)

I'm all in when calling him an Asshat though.

Glenn_Wilson said:

But to say that he is on the Lance Armstrong PR team without proof is going a bit far in my opinion. (not your post Red Lobster but the original post in this thread says that)

Well the original poster did use IMO (in my opinion) and if you'd heard the interview you might agree :)

It was sycophant; I had to turn the channel....

Red Lobster said:

My sympathy for having to deal with him at such a young age :)

Glenn_Wilson said:

I was being facetious because he came across throughout the interview that he might be on team Wonderboy or something the way he was kissing his ****/making excuses for him.