• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jonas Vingegaard Rasmussen, the new alpha mutant

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So you are trying to guilt trip me? Just stop.

You are being naive and ridiculous. Your only goal seems to be is to derail this thread. We are having none of it.

So I'm trying to derail this thread? This is craziest stuff I've read on this forum since 2010 and I've seen a lot of crazy stuff. I've only come here and give my opinion.
If I understand you correctly it's not ok in the Clinic to give an opinion that does not support the idea that everyone is using doping.

EDIT: This was a reply to Salvarini, not to hrotha. Earlier today I started a reply to hrotha, but work interrupted :) Not sure how it now shows hrotha in here instead of salvarini.

Last edited:
So I'm trying to derail this thread? This is craziest stuff I've read on this forum since 2010 and I've seen a lot of crazy stuff. I've only come here and give my opinion.
If I understand you correctly it's not ok in the Clinic to give an opinion that does not support the idea that everyone is using doping.
Just a headsup, you quoted the wrong post here. I didn't write what you're replying to

I would never insult you until like page 90 or so

Thanks for opening our eyes and reminding me, Rick, what it is all about.
A wise man once said:
‚I think you have this all wrong.

You are the one who is blind and connot see the truth in the world. You live sheltered in a monastry of your hate, and cannot admire beauty and truth while I snort the cocaine of excellence and bang the hooker of awesomeness.‘

And really, snorting the baking soda of excellence feels better than living in our monastery of hate, but is it better or more truthful? We know the context of the quote.

Edit: I just really wanted to mention this, I know you know they‘re doping.

Just a headsup, you quoted the wrong post here. I didn't write what you're replying to

I would never insult you until like page 90 or so
Sorry, but it was a reply to Salvarini and not to you. This afternoon I started an reply to your post, but I was at work and I work actually urged me to work so I was interrupted. Not sure how it happened that your name was above the quote now.

Jumbo Visma's odd doping clause

Did you read the whole article?
When asked about this Jumbo gave them all the information they asked for. There are different agreements with different sponsors.
So there are sponsors that don't accept 1 positive, there are sponsors that don't accept more than 1... more than 2 and there is also a deal that goes as far as 3 positives. They don't hide this, they share what has been agreed on. So far every journalist that askes them questions gets answers and insight in their records.
Ofcourse this doesn't mean that they use doping yes or no, but all it does show is that it doesn't matter anything when you try to be open and honest, because nobody believes you anyway and you actually get the loop on you.

When they asked UAE they refuse to reply and this is not mentioned by the poster of the URL. So it's better to refuse any form of coorperation apparently :)

Insane.

I hope there is someone out there building a dossier of these things. They are just telling on themselves on with these sort of stuff.

I am saying it aint too complicated. It aint no "secret sauce". It aint no fairytale lab. Just the same old blood doping. Most effective still by the look of things.

These guys are just well-organized. Well-structured. Still human though by being dumb/stupid, as humans usually are.
You really are the best investigator I've seen in my life :D

How did DVB regress besides crashing out and suffering with injuries during spring?

Had some bad luck certainly, and has rode very well in opening weekend and the nationals after coming down from altitude, but off the pace and not in the move in Roubaix when he crashed. Been a serviceable domestique for Vingeggard but made no breaks in The Tour whilst his teammates have, despite showing some activity in trying to get in earlier moves.

He was a world beater last year, one of the best riders in the world, perhaps he still is, but his palmares and performances haven't matched the 2 years he had prior.

PCS Ranking position per season​

POINTSPOSITION

Off topic but Froome was doing the 'not eating salad because it stays in the gut and adds weight' thing years ago, Thomas mentioned it last week.

Is there any answer he can give that would take away your doubt? It doesn't matter how they answer these questions. IT's never right unless the riders says "Yes ofcourse I use doping".
Probably not. My main point was that he - along with many others - consistently talks about doping as 'something that happened 20 years ago'. Which, as far as I can tell from the few established facts we have about doping from the Sky era until now is a rather misleading way to frame it.

And I find it interesting that Jumbo's two biggest TdF stars have such different ways of tackling that question.

Had some bad luck certainly, and has rode very well in opening weekend and the nationals after coming down from altitude, but off the pace and not in the move in Roubaix when he crashed. Been a serviceable domestique for Vingeggard but made no breaks in The Tour whilst his teammates have, despite showing some activity in trying to get in earlier moves.

He was a world beater last year, one of the best riders in the world, perhaps he still is, but his palmares and performances haven't matched the 2 years he had prior.

PCS Ranking position per season​

POINTSPOSITION

Off topic but Froome was doing the 'not eating salad because it stays in the gut and adds weight' thing years ago, Thomas mentioned it last week.

Not riding Flanders and crashing out of Roubaix certainly hurts your points. I don't really see a difference in performance with the last 2 years tbh. TdF performance was like his last 2 years at INEOS. Before those years he climbed better, but he switched focus to being a classic rider again from 2020 to 2021.

Anyways it doesn't really matter. To me he still seems to be a really strong classics rider that doesn't have the explosiveness, but can keep on riding hard until the bitter end. Don't let him ride away....

Normally a rider shouldn't progress a lot when switching teams between INEOS and Jumbo. Nonetheless van Baarle did say that nutrition at Jumbo was a step ahead of INEOS. I guess all we can do is believe him or not.

Reactions: Monte Serra
Did you read the whole article?
When asked about this Jumbo gave them all the information they asked for. There are different agreements with different sponsors.
So there are sponsors that don't accept 1 positive, there are sponsors that don't accept more than 1... more than 2 and there is also a deal that goes as far as 3 positives. They don't hide this, they share what has been agreed on. So far every journalist that askes them questions gets answers and insight in their records.
Ofcourse this doesn't mean that they use doping yes or no, but all it does show is that it doesn't matter anything when you try to be open and honest, because nobody believes you anyway and you actually get the loop on you.

When they asked UAE they refuse to reply and this is not mentioned by the poster of the URL. So it's better to refuse any form of coorperation apparently :)
Even crazier it’s 3 cases per year. So they could have two positives now and two next year in September and be fine.

Probably not. My main point was that he - along with many others - consistently talks about doping as 'something that happened 20 years ago'. Which, as far as I can tell from the few established facts we have about doping from the Sky era until now is a rather misleading way to frame it.

And I find it interesting that Jumbo's two biggest TdF stars have such different ways of tackling that question.
I guess different people different answers? Imagine if they were clean how would you answer those questions?
I'm on the wrong forum to ask this question though :D

It really comes down to what people find more offensive, i.e. the team who doped a 20 year old to win the Tour de France in the final ITT in 2020 (without any decent teammates of his own, for what it's worth, i.e. he rode on Jumbo's coattails for 3 weeks), or the team who got beaten in that Tour who decided they needed their own super doper & miraculously produced a 25 year old from their in-house conveyor belt & he went even faster than the aforementioned 20 year old doper who beat them previously.

I mean it's like "sh*t, we were robbed... okay then, let's organize an even bigger heist, that'll teach the b*stards!".

Meanwhile, the Tour gets totally trampled upon.
That is very true, it is very much a personal thing about what we find most offensive
It really comes down to what people find more offensive, i.e. the team who doped a 20 year old to win the Tour de France in the final ITT in 2020 (without any decent teammates of his own, for what it's worth, i.e. he rode on Jumbo's coattails for 3 weeks), or the team who got beaten in that Tour who decided they needed their own super doper & miraculously produced a 25 year old from their in-house conveyor belt & he went even faster than the aforementioned 20 year old doper who beat them previously.

I mean it's like "sh*t, we were robbed... okay then, let's organize an even bigger heist, that'll teach the b*stards!".

Meanwhile, the Tour gets totally trampled upon.
That is very true, it is very much a personal thing about what we find most offensive. I guess I find Jizma a bit less offensive than UAE. Not because of the way their spin machine works (which is hilarious), but because UAE has a couple of the most notorious fellows from the sports doping history. But again, we're talking about a nuanced thing, Jizma is hardly spotless.

Reactions: Rackham
Not riding Flanders and crashing out of Roubaix certainly hurts your points. I don't really see a difference in performance with the last 2 years tbh. TdF performance was like his last 2 years at INEOS. Before those years he climbed better, but he switched focus to being a classic rider again from 2020 to 2021.

Anyways it doesn't really matter. To me he still seems to be a really strong classics rider that doesn't have the explosiveness, but can keep on riding hard until the bitter end. Don't let him ride away....

Normally a rider shouldn't progress a lot when switching teams between INEOS and Jumbo. Nonetheless van Baarle did say that nutrition at Jumbo was a step ahead of INEOS. I guess all we can do is believe him or not.
The same nonsense spouted by the same Sky team 10 years ago to justify Froome! It’s a copy and paste strategy.

Reactions: pw1965