• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Butterfly Effect

Page 229 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And, I think, this is why you keep 'em guessing by being enigmatic. Saying it's 50/50 he goes is open to more interpretation than he goes or doesn't (in which case at least one thing is for sure).

I don't think you keep them guessing that way, you invite them to attack early. Which, to be honest, is a good plan if they think/know that Jonas will start hot but may fade towards week 3 (contrary to what they said).

I don't think you keep them guessing that way, you invite them to attack early. Which, to be honest, is a good plan if they think/know that Jonas will start hot but may fade towards week 3 (contrary to what they said).
Well, given his incident, they were going to attack early and hard anyway. It's not as if he had a smooth go, crushed the Dauphine, and everybody is bracing for thermo-nuclear form. No, they expect him to be vulnerable, were he to show up. So it's best I think to be the least forthcoming with anything regarding him right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldermanish
Well, given his incident, they were going to attack early and hard anyway. It's not as if he had a smooth go, crushed the Dauphine, and everybody is bracing for thermo-nuclear form. No, they expect him to be vulnerable, were he to show up. So it's best I think to be the least forethcoming with anything regarding him right now.
Well, I guess we'll know more in just over 2 weeks.

This week.

Vingegaard, Kuss, Jorgenson, Kelderman, Van aert, Benoot, Laporte, Tratnik.

They will announce this team for the Tour, according to some newspapers.
Indeed. The decision has already been made a few days ago. The 8 riders mentioned are the participants to the Tour. The only reason VLAB don't communicate is for strategic reasons. But that makes no sense, because all competing teams have known the VLAB team for days. Of course, Kelderman could have crashed hard again during the Tour of Suisse. But he didn't (at least not hard). So, if they want to remain credible, they should "officially" announce the team today or tomorrow.

Watched this morning Thijs' video shorts on his Strava uploads, recordings while group training, shots behind Jonas and some of the other team members.

Seems everyone around Jonas is on a relax retreat at near resting HR's and the only one that seems with full focus and looks like he struggles is Jonas.

Of course these are just snapshot short vids.
Just striking that the pattern seems completely consistent.....well..

Watched this morning Thijs' video shorts on his Strava uploads, recordings while group training, shots behind Jonas and some of the other team members.

Seems everyone around Jonas is on a relax retreat at near resting HR's and the only one that seems with full focus and looks like he struggles is Jonas.

Of course these are just snapshot short vids.
Just striking that the pattern seems completely consistent.....well..
On that case, it would be unthinkable for him to go to the Tour.

I saw those videos yesterday, Vingegaard always looks like he is struggling because of his style in the bike, especially when he does that weird thing with legs like he did in the TT of last year's Tour de France.

We can see here a similar video, where it looks like he is struggling, but that's just his style on the bike.

View: https://youtu.be/2CluddZjXrg?si=Tph3fWTIcpes4fn2

On that case, it would be unthinkable for him to go to the Tour.

I saw those videos yesterday, Vingegaard always looks like he is struggling because of his style in the bike, especially when he does that weird thing with legs like he did in the TT of last year's Tour de France.

We can see here a similar video, where it looks like he is struggling, but that's just his style on the bike.

View: https://youtu.be/2CluddZjXrg?si=Tph3fWTIcpes4fn2
I think you are right. It's his ridingstyle. But I still don't think it runs smoothly at all. That's not possible after what happened. But he still has more than a week to get the right pedal stroke. He will be very close (not quite) to his top form in ten days.

Indeed. The decision has already been made a few days ago. The 8 riders mentioned are the participants to the Tour. The only reason VLAB don't communicate is for strategic reasons. But that makes no sense, because all competing teams have known the VLAB team for days. Of course, Kelderman could have crashed hard again during the Tour of Suisse. But he didn't (at least not hard). So, if they want to remain credible, they should "officially" announce the team today or tomorrow.
You do realize that, if he's declared a non-starter now that Pogacar as last year's #2 at the Tour that UAE would move up to the #1 team. Along with that all of the positioning perks in the caravan and busses would change.
If I'm wrong; someone correct me.
There's no "surprise" other than if Jonas does roll in it will be to train. UAE is pretty much a lock on team depth.