• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard thread: Mountain Sprinter

Page 183 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That Exstra Bladet interview with Pa and Ma Vingegaard .... no word from Jonas, Mrs Jonas or Visma -
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...s-from-family-and-team-its-really-hell-for-us
For Vingegaard's father however it is unthinkable that after so much time he has not yet been personally updated, which dramatically increases his concerns over the Danish rider's condition.

“We really only know what we read in the media. It's not that we don't want to visit him in Spain, but at the moment I don't think we should. We are currently only receiving minor updates," he says, hoping for a quick change in the situation.

It’s completely unacceptable noone has contacted them with any updates unless they have no relationship and everyone knows about it. The team should be in contact with them (even if was is comatose).

On the other hand, I’ll never understand why anyone would go to the media with a story like that…

Reactions: scribers
It’s completely unacceptable noone has contacted them with any updates unless they have no relationship and everyone knows about it. The team should be in contact with them (even if was is comatose).

On the other hand, I’ll never understand why anyone would go to the media with a story like that…
The second line justifies the first. I don't think it's unacceptable to withhold medical information from the extended family. I think (extended) family relations is one of the dimensions in which Scandinavians differ most from the rest of Europe.

Looks like Trine thinks, she owns Jonas or something. Not passing on information about health situation of someones son is horrible. This whole Trine vibe is just strange.
Indeed. They have a "unhealty" relation. It has been known for a long time Trine wants and has the complete control over her husband. Even excluding Vingegaard more and more of his family. But the fact that his team is not communicating clear and open and doesn't allow (?) or facilitate that Vingegaard communicate with his family, is strange and disturbing. I think Vingegaard is way more hurt and affected than initially communicated. But that should be one more reason to put his real family (parents, etc.) in touch with him.
My conclusion. No Tour this year for Vingegaard.

Indeed. They have a "unhealty" relation. It has been known for a long time Trine wants and has the complete control over her husband.

What is known is that Trine was in fact rather hesistant about the whole thing in the beginning.

As for the EB story; feels like their usual sensationalist selves. Making a headline like that, then putting the article behind a pay-wall in order to trick people into signing up.

Reactions: noob and Sandisfan

Unless he is really in coma, Jonas could just pick up the phone and write a text. So it seems the connection is not the best and then it really is family drama and something they have to figure out, not public.

Unless he is really in coma, Jonas could just pick up the phone and write a text. So it seems the connection is not the best and then it really is family drama and something they have to figure out, not public.
Exactly. We don't have to receive details. But both his wife and the team could communicate (better). I'm still waiting at a reaction of the father that he did not declare that he and the family didn't have contact with Vingegaard (not being in coma). Until I see that response, I believe it is the truth that there is no contact after even a week

Looks like his family is upset and is taking it public. Otherwise we wouldn’t know about it

The thing is, we don't know anything. All we got is the headline of an EB article...

I just went and looked her up. She’s a lot older than he is that dirty devil. We call her a cougar in our part of the world

Isn't that term usually referring to women who go after much younger guys?

Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
Lots of guesswork here, probably delicious gossip material while we're waiting for Godot.

However, I'm not surprised.
On beforehand we already knew Jonas' being as a person and, hence, his need for privacy in order for him to function optimally mentally and physically (supported by his wife or not)

If anybody left in doubt, his situation right now requires even more peace and foreclosure.

Could also include parts of family, but I don't want to join the guessing game here.
Just simply deal with the facts - which may come at a pace that suits Jonas.
No one else is entitled to that.

Period.

• Love
Reactions: noob
The second line justifies the first. I don't think it's unacceptable to withhold medical information from the extended family. I think (extended) family relations is one of the dimensions in which Scandinavians differ most from the rest of Europe.
I did forget about this Scandinavian specific I admit, but still - it appears that at least Claus also finds it is unacceptable...

Reactions: scribers