• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Julian Alaphilippe Discussion Thread

Page 56 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He attacked on the Beekstraat (cobbles)
The Smeysberg (last hill on the Flandrien circuit)
The Wijnpers
Downhill after the Wijnpers
St-Antonius street

5 times. And the attacks were not like 5 seconds but each of them were 20 seconds-something going full gas. Super impressive. Took the competition by the scruff of the neck and attacked in relentless fashion. If his last attack wouldn't last, he would have attacked once more, I'm sure.

He attacked on the Beekstraat (cobbles)
The Smeysberg (last hill on the Flandrien circuit)
The Wijnpers
Downhill after the Wijnpers
St-Antonius street

5 times. And the attacks were not like 5 seconds but each of them were 20 seconds-something going full gas. Super impressive. Took the competition by the scruff of the neck and attacked in relentless fashion. If his last attack wouldn't last, he would have attacked once more, I'm sure.

He was just 2 levels above others today.

Both world titles surprised me. I think he can underperform on the 4 to 5 minute hills but he is without doubt the most explosive rider of this era.

He and Vdp are equal, I'd say. Alaf is more versatile, though.

He's also pretty good at hiding/timing his form. He must have been deliberately undercooked at the ToB, or more likely, treated it as a training race, unlike Wout and Hayter.

Reactions: noob and southwards
The new buffalo in town!
There's only one buffalo on a bike and that's el bisonte!
cosas-cobo.jpg

TRENDING THREADS