• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV hits a new low

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
OMG! A celebrity reads my posts! I'm so excited!

i bet there is lots nervous laughter and fake bravado in the team buses and peloton at what the clinic writes about and it really gets up some teams noses, garmin and sky in particular.:D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
do others think this is bullcrap?

Vaughters: "Cycling, from a fundamental standpoint, needs to be built on a more secure foundation," the American stated. "It cannot be a year-to-year lisensing process where the teams licenses depend on points. It has to be an environment where riders have longer term contracts, where teams have longer term contracts with top events, which would reduce a lot of the issues. You should make it a league and with that concept you would get a fundamental foundation for consistent employment and you would eliminate a lot of those risks."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/peloton-in-shock-following-schleck-positive

Longterm contracts are much more attractive for any employee than short-term contracts, it's not hard to agree with JV in that respect. So JV's idea is that once you have a long-term contract, you will have no more (or less) incentive to dope, I guess.
But before you get the long-term contract....?

Would be great (though unlikely to happen) if JV could admit that he himself symbolizes the biggest problem cycling has: the recruiting of former dopers as DSs.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:

Longterm contracts are much more attractive than short-term contracts, i agree with JV in that respect.[.b] So JV's idea is that once you have a long-term contract, you will have no more (or less) incentive to dope, I guess.
But before you get the long-term contract....? There'll be major competition among riders to get such longterm contracts.

Would be great (though unlikely to happen) if JV could admit that he himself symbolizes the biggest problem cycling has: the recruiting of former dopers as DSs.

A long term contract solves what problem? A rider won't dope on the last year of that contract if he still hasn't secured another contract after the current one ends? What world does JV live on? Then all the teams will cry foul the moment a supposed contender never pans out and he's eating away at the teams possible salary to sign another hopeful. We've seen this BS in all the other sports a long term contract solves nothing!

Well maybe a rider can coast for a few years after securing a nice deal and live high on the hog at JV's expense :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters
@LVCKV @SSbike @_Gavia_ @fmk_RoI ok, but the question is does micro dosing actually make you go faster? Change race results?

:eek:

lol

So recovery/consistency is not an ingredient in 3 weeks GTs anymore?

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters
@LVCKV @SSbike @_Gavia_ @fmk_RoI ok, but the question is does micro dosing actually make you go faster? Change race results?

:eek:

It clearly has a much less effect than less circumspect doping. Just look at the way Ricco and co stuck out like a sore thumb when they were on CERA.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
sniper said:

Longterm contracts are much more attractive for any employee than short-term contracts, it's not hard to agree with JV in that respect. So JV's idea is that once you have a long-term contract, you will have no more (or less) incentive to dope, I guess.
But before you get the long-term contract....?

he is just trying to look after himself, if that happens means he will have a permanent golden position with high salary since he is the CEO with the team

TRENDING THREADS