• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Karma is sweet

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Hello..... Newman!

"All right! But hear me and hear me well! The day will come, oh yes, mark my words! Your day of reckoning is coming, when an evil wind will blow through your little playworld and wipe that smug smile off your face! And I'll be there in all my glory, watching, watching as it all comes crumbling down!"

He might have been making his way to your house to deliver that particular stem you ordered, the latest braking pads for your deep carbon rims or perhaps your 110g seat!

Uh-oh. Things are not looking good for Hummer. Even the Chinese don't want it. Their government's position:

“General Motor’s Hummer is considered as an exaggerated and extreme example of a disregard for the environment and there are significant brand negatives for the Chinese company Tengzhong to buy it.”

And the price for the whole kit and kaboodle was only $80M. Divide that by the cost of the average Hummer and GM was trying to unload the whole brand for the cost of a couple thousand Hummers. GM sold two or three times that many last quarter.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Comedian Demetri Martin came up with the following break-down of Hummer owners:

Tough guys: 20%
Douchebags: 30%
Dickheads: 49.95%
Poets: .05%

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Cobblestones said:
So the Chinese cite environmental concerns. Oh my.

Yeah...really! Weeks prior to the Olympics, didn't the Chinese government have to shut down some factories, and even asked people not to drive there cars, due to the fact that Beijing smog is thicker than pea soup usually.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
They're good at the hypocrisy thing, LOL. Like Tiananmen Square, a "minor" civil disturbance by counter-revolutionary elements and miscreants, etc.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
I hate the Hummer, but there's one that I hate even more, the Nissan Titan it has ridiculous side mirrors, It has forced me to go mountain biking with a road bike a few times already. The chinese don't care if the hummer is going to mess up their air, the olympics are done now

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Before we get too comfortably ensconced in our own delusions of being green, please note that the United States, with Canada not far behind, is the leading industrialized nation with per capita carbon dioxide emissions. You'll find China WAY DOWN on that list. Hummers are just part of the problem. At least a significant part of the Chinese population use their bikes for more than just recreation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions_per_capita

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Yeah...really! Weeks prior to the Olympics, didn't the Chinese government have to shut down some factories, and even asked people not to drive there cars, due to the fact that Beijing smog is thicker than pea soup usually.

I really doubt they asked them. They must have passed a temporary law with the death penalty as punishment in case of violation...

May 13, 2009
Visit site
ferrouswheel said:
Before we get too comfortably ensconced in our own delusions of being green, please note that the United States, with Canada not far behind, is the leading industrialized nation with per capita carbon dioxide emissions. You'll find China WAY DOWN on that list. Hummers are just part of the problem. At least a significant part of the Chinese population use their bikes for more than just recreation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions_per_capita

Your list is for carbon dioxide only which is a greenhouse gas. The problem with smog in China is due to pollutants such as sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides and particles.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
only Humvees here. but they come with .50 caliber machine guns

3612405551_016d92a188.jpg

Latest posts