• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Karma is sweet

As a cyclist and someone who spends a huge amount of time in the outdoors, there have always been certain vehicles that I despise. Chief among them are Hummers. So I was immensely satisfied when I heard the news that Hummer has been sold to China, not as satisfied as I would have been if the whole brand had been tossed down the crapper; but the irony of Faux News listening, jingoistic, penis length deficient douches driving a poser brand owned by the hated commies is funny enough to make up for the brand surviving.

Hummer is dead. Long live Chummer. Or Bummer. Or whatever it will now be called.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
The best thing I can come up with every time I see the blaring reflection of the suit and tie behind the wheel of a Bummer, is just point and laugh.:D

I'm actually more afraid of the 3/4 ton duallys with the super wide tow mirrors. I've felt the breeze of one too many of those passing by my ear. Luckily, it only takes me about 30 minutes of pedaling to get out of the city to where I won't see a vehicle for sometimes an hour.

May 1, 2009
Visit site
ElChingon said:
How about people post the comment they want to be read here so we don't have to waste a click? Just trying to be green (and am super lazy as well), besides links distract from the discussion.

Haha. Or you down want to be tricked in to clicking through to 'that' site? :D

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I had big massive SUV's especially when people don't go off road driving or camping or anything that would be useful aside from showing everybody you have a 2 inch penis because you need to drive a big car.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
The best thing I can come up with every time I see the blaring reflection of the suit and tie behind the wheel of a Bummer, is just point and laugh.:D

I'm actually more afraid of the 3/4 ton duallys with the super wide tow mirrors. I've felt the breeze of one too many of those passing by my ear. Luckily, it only takes me about 30 minutes of pedaling to get out of the city to where I won't see a vehicle for sometimes an hour.

Yeah, and especially if the dually is pulling a camper. These *******s are dangerous! They pass and then start creeping over without waiting see you in their extra wide mirrors--if they even bother to look. Then last night I dealt with a great big fat woman driving a Mercedes blaring on her Greman engineered horn trying to force me off the rode because she didn't want to slow for oncoming traffic before passing. Idiots! Then there's the yellow Hummer last year...Hell, enough already...

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
As a cyclist and someone who spends a huge amount of time in the outdoors, there have always been certain vehicles that I despise. Chief among them are Hummers. So I was immensely satisfied when I heard the news that Hummer has been sold to China, not as satisfied as I would have been if the whole brand had been tossed down the crapper; but the irony of Faux News listening, jingoistic, penis length deficient douches driving a poser brand owned by the hated commies is funny enough to make up for the brand surviving.

Hummer is dead. Long live Chummer. Or Bummer. Or whatever it will now be called.

got to admit i'm with you on that one. well, except for the hated commies thing. that's way too nutjob right wing for me.

jackhammer111 said:
got to admit i'm with you on that one. well, except for the hated commies thing. that's way too nutjob right wing for me.

I think that's his point; many right wing nutjobs hate commies and drive Hummers 'cause they're the same vehicles our mighty 'merican troops drive! Now they drive a vehicle owned by Chairman Mao, lol! That was a great insight BroDeal, next time I get a chance to harass a Hummer owner in the parking lot of a hiking trail I'm going to be like "why do you hate America? How could you drive a vehicle owned by the Communists?"

And speaking of hypocritical idiocy, clearly Hummer is a brand directly associated with US National Defense interests (it's a vehicle used in large quantities by the US Army in particular) so why on Earth would our ingenious Government allow it to be purchased by a foreign Government, no less a rising power like China? I mean isn't it obvious that spare parts shipments for the Humvees are going to start becoming "delayed" if political tensions between America and China increase? Ah what the heck do I know I'm just a cyclist. :rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
So I was immensely satisfied when I heard the news that Hummer has been sold to China, not as satisfied as I would have been if the whole brand had been tossed down the crapper; but the irony of Faux News listening, jingoistic, penis length deficient douches driving a poser brand owned by the hated commies is funny enough to make up for the brand surviving..

Agreed. I cant wait till all Summit County residents have to drive around in MSNBC approved electirc cars - especially the mothers driving around their daughters hockey teams.

May 1, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
And speaking of hypocritical idiocy, clearly Hummer is a brand directly associated with US National Defense interests (it's a vehicle used in large quantities by the US Army in particular) so why on Earth would our ingenious Government allow it to be purchased by a foreign Government, no less a rising power like China? I mean isn't it obvious that spare parts shipments for the Humvees are going to start becoming "delayed" if political tensions between America and China increase? Ah what the heck do I know I'm just a cyclist. :rolleyes:

Only the Hummer brand was owned by GM and is now moving to China. Humvees (the military version) are still made by AM General, a completely separate company.

Which actually shows that Hummers are even more idiotic as they aren't even made by the same company as the military vehicles they think they are.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
Ah what the heck do I know I'm just a cyclist. :rolleyes:

So we should root for the Glorious Chinese Army then, for don't they still use bikes in conventional warfare? ;)

boalio said:
Only the Hummer brand was owned by GM and is now moving to China. Humvees (the military version) are still made by AM General, a completely separate company.

Is that like driving a tank, which in retrospect appears to be manufactured by Matchbox or Dinky Toys? :D

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Bala Verde said:
So we should root for the Glorious Chinese Army then, for don't they still use bikes in conventional warfare? ;)

Yes.
1405830872b9cba0bf19o.jpg

A

Anonymous

BikeCentric said:
I think that's his point; many right wing nutjobs hate commies and drive Hummers 'cause they're the same vehicles our mighty 'merican troops drive! Now they drive a vehicle owned by Chairman Mao, lol! That was a great insight BroDeal, next time I get a chance to harass a Hummer owner in the parking lot of a hiking trail I'm going to be like "why do you hate America? How could you drive a vehicle owned by the Communists?"

yes, that's one point i missed. and a funny one too.
very good.
the idea that the hummers made by a chinese company made in american ending up in Afghanistan is kind of bizarre. politically complicated.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Not Hummer related, but....Yesterday coming back home from a ride, I ran into an irate postal worker. Stopped at a light, I was a positioned in the lane going forward, next to me in the right hand turn lane this postal worker started yelling to himself "Fuuuck, you can turn right on a red light you stupid biaatch!" (the state I live in, that is a legal move, but still, relax). He looked over at me and I said "so it is true what they say about postal workers". Seems like I've been waiting a friggin lifetime to use that line.:p

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
rdv4roubaix said:
not hummer related, but....yesterday coming back home from a ride, i ran into an irate postal worker. Stopped at a light, i was a positioned in the lane going forward, next to me in the right hand turn lane this postal worker started yelling to himself "fuuuck, you can turn right on a red light you stupid biaatch!" (the state i live in, that is a legal move, but still, relax). He looked over at me and i said "so it is true what they say about postal workers". Seems like i've been waiting a friggin lifetime to use that line.:p

...newman...

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Not Hummer related, but....Yesterday coming back home from a ride, I ran into an irate postal worker. Stopped at a light, I was a positioned in the lane going forward, next to me in the right hand turn lane this postal worker started yelling to himself "Fuuuck, you can turn right on a red light you stupid biaatch!" (the state I live in, that is a legal move, but still, relax). He looked over at me and I said "so it is true what they say about postal workers". Seems like I've been waiting a friggin lifetime to use that line.:p

You need to be careful. That postal worker might have been packin', and those guys can blow at any moment.

TRENDING THREADS