• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Katusha IN

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
SteelyDan said:
Does Riis have a leg to stand on though?

depends on whats in the decision which stated they entered Wt, if it's unconditional they (Saxo) have a very strong position, if they had conditions (like if Katusha gets WT licence) no leg at all to stand on

it's all in the papers

can you imagine a team which was granted Wt status in november will get kicked out in february not for doing something wrong but because ...

This is a text book example of a clusterf@ck. I'm not sure there is a palatable solution here that doesn't result in another lawsuit. It will be interesting to read the judgement. Could the UCI appeal and seek a stay of CAS' judgement?

Sylvester said:
If Contador wants to do the Tour, Saxo will be invited. Let's not exaggerate.

I guess we'll end up with 19 WT teams anyway.

I'm not sure about that at all, and it still means Contador doesn't know if he's going to the Tour until much later than everyone else.

I also can't see 19 WT teams, as I can't image race organisers being happy with losing a wild card invite or teams being happy with more riders on the road depending how you decide to include them.

I think it's really up in the air what the UCI can do, even if they were an honest organisation.

King Boonen said:
Me too. I'm considering petitioning to have cycling removed from the Olympics. It might be the only way to actually get Pat out.

The only thing the IOC cares about is ratings and money, they explicitely said so in their decision to kick out wrestling. Fortunately or unfortunately cycling seems to do alright in that regard, certainly it did in London. I would say there's absolutely no chance of cycling getting kicked out of the Olympics in the foreseeable future.

jens_attacks said:
absolutely logical decision

now get rid of that joke called argos

no dai non scherziamo
you kiddin'? see how well they have gone through the years, from the Skill-Shimano seasons.
maybe, maybe finally someone will open their eyes and take away from Euskaltel the burden of riding all those cobbles and muurs from february to april...

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
pastronef said:
no dai non scherziamo
you kiddin'? see how well they have gone through the years, from the Skill-Shimano seasons.
maybe, maybe finally someone will open their eyes and take away from Euskaltel the burden of riding all those cobbles and muurs from february to april...

yeah a massive 4 single day races :rolleyes:

they better take the load of argos riding 3 gt's, which is 63 cycling days of pure torture for them and us cycling fans

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
pastronef said:
E3 harelbeke
Gent Wevelgem
Flanders
Roubaix

let's add Down Under, Eneco, Vattenfall, Beijing and the Canadian races

that's a little basque telephone company who had to sell their buses to keep up with the $$$

vuelta, paris nice, tirreno, tour, giro, pais vasco, catalunya, lbl, agr, flanders, roubaix do I need to go on??? all races argos have nothing to show

hfer07 said:
gotta love the big F U that CAS+KA have stuck in UCI's face with this ruling:):D:p

the extra team could mean one LESS rider competing on the GC, which will make them more exciting....

one less rider in each team in core races.
Now we are talking. Less control, more individual expression. Lets try and restore the balance between team strength and individual capability.

pastronef said:
E3 harelbeke
Gent Wevelgem
Flanders
Roubaix

let's add Down Under, Eneco, Vattenfall, Beijing and the Canadian races

that's a little basque telephone company who had to sell their buses to keep up with the $$$

When you don't know the facts its less embarrassing to just say nothing.

Ryo Hazuki said:
vuelta, paris nice, tirreno, tour, giro, pais vasco, catalunya, lbl, agr, flanders, roubaix do I need to go on??? all races argos have nothing to show

I agree with you in principle about Argos and that they shouldn't be in the WT, but in the races you list, they did win like 5 stages of the Vuelta last year, which is more than a lot of teams did to show themselves.

UCI will be in big trouble if they kick out a WT team now.
Surely that team will appeal to CAS, and the process wil drag on
As some have said, teams with one less rider for GTs seam a workable solution.
For the one day races 25 teams are invited, so the organizers can easily cut down on a Wild Card spot.

Will be it the final straw for Pat?
The irony is, he will most probably face a former katusha manager and Makarov puppet in the election.

TRENDING THREADS