• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Katusha thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Katusha have done very well this season considering the UCI tried to deny them World Tour status. I wonder if the old tap on the shoulder was ignored which was why they got jettisoned in the first place. Hypothetically speaking.

While I doubt many will stand up and say Daniel Moreno is clean, there is something to be said here. Who only a couple of years ago would have had him down as a potential vuelta winner.

Ok there's a long way to go but still, he won fleche wallone which is the race most likely to go to the strongest rider, despite only being given leadership last minute and having a puncture late on.

Now I haven't seen much of this vuelta but from what I have seen he seems to be taking the race by the balls and if I understand correctly, only a head start his rivals got in stage 1 is stopping him from being more ahead.

Not that he hasn't been ****ing awessome last 2 years, and probably wpuld have had a much better palmares if he wasn't being such a loyal domestique to murito, which is why I like Moreno. And maybe he didn't get that many opportunities before katusha.

But you know what, he might just be in the top 5 climbers in the world atm and doesn't that sort of talent usually show itself earlier.

proffate said:
did the Gewiss riders even realize they had crossed the line? They just keep pedalling with their heads down....
Hmm according to the secret pro that would make them clean. Oh wait they weren't anglophones, I guess the probability of them being clean is 50% then. Good to have an unbiased true anti doping expert to tell us exactly how it is.

It would be harder for him if there were some proper trains around. He appears to be in incredible shape at the moment so might be fine tomorrow. But Peyresourde is a bad climb for him and the third week should see Basso/Nibali in better shape. A sharp tempo at the bottom and he gets dropped but if it's not sustained he will come back and probably win the sprint. Angliru he will lose time for sure, it's just a matter of how much.

I was going to wait for tomorrow before bumping this, but since its already been done i might as well jump in.

Cigarrín looks to be the strongest rider in the field and has been crushing everyone on this uphill sprints. He looks to have been stepping up on his program ever since he joined Katusha and was already pretty ridiculous by last years Vuelta.

Remember how anonymous he was riding for Lotto?

Also a picture from his Relax years i found on parlamento ciclista

736923.jpg

Nice company you got there Cigarrín

proffate said:
did the Gewiss riders even realize they had crossed the line? They just keep pedalling with their heads down....

That's because that wasn't the last climb of the mur, the Gewiss trio simply rode away from the field with 50k and went to finish 1 2 3.

So he hasn't really found proper climbing legs. Either that or the crash hurt him, but I think if he was going to be super competitive third week then Purito would have waited (although we might get an amazing third week from him now...).

TRENDING THREADS