• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Katusha thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Moreno and Horner both were with Lotto a few years back. Neither of them showed anything like they did this year, not even by far. Both riders are just ridiculous and hey,, it's the vuelta, thé dope race of the year.

Why is there any difference?

It may be that as the home of many riders they find it a good country to use as a bank and there is a small advantage logistically, but aside from that...

For heavy dopers Basso/Nibali/Rodriguez/Valverde the performances are pretty poor.

So, if Purito can pump Valverde today he will have achieved an incredible consecutive podium. Even if he stays where he is in fourth the same applies, and then there's Valverde who would have been ~4th in the Tour sans puncture. I mean Froome fell into a hole after two weeks, his fourth was achieved by retaining good legs from the Tour then as expected running out of steam in the second half of the race. Here Valverde and Purito have been fairly consistent (although not at their absolute best) across the entire three weeks and the day we've all been waiting for where one of them blows hard is yet to come, I mean Nibali is fading more than they are.

Is there something going on we don't understand?

Ferminal said:
So, if Purito can pump Valverde today he will have achieved an incredible consecutive podium.... Here Valverde and Purito have been fairly consistent ...

no-one bothers with the dopers of old...its the new ones who are interesting. The usual dopers ride with some intelligence and don't blow themselves off the radar but the new ones aren't too sharp and provide entertainment.

*** Riding would be a good term.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
So, if Purito can pump Valverde today he will have achieved an incredible consecutive podium. Even if he stays where he is in fourth the same applies, and then there's Valverde who would have been ~4th in the Tour sans puncture. I mean Froome fell into a hole after two weeks, his fourth was achieved by retaining good legs from the Tour then as expected running out of steam in the second half of the race. Here Valverde and Purito have been fairly consistent (although not at their absolute best) across the entire three weeks and the day we've all been waiting for where one of them blows hard is yet to come, I mean Nibali is fading more than they are.

as for froome, perhaps he and brailsford are doing their very best to keep it credible and don't raise too many eyebrows, perhaps even more so now with the insecurity surrounding the uci presidency and who gets to control anti-doping, etc.
i think sky are greedy, but may also realize that enough is enough, for this season at least.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
no-one bothers with the dopers of old...its the new ones who are interesting. The usual dopers ride with some intelligence and don't blow themselves off the radar but the new ones aren't too sharp and provide entertainment.

*** Riding would be a good term.

sorry but this is idiotic

May 26, 2010
Visit site
del1962 said:
The fact that you said Pat would reward Katusha for inviting him, and the reward was the licence denial.

I said he was there collecting something not giving anything.

Katusha lost their WT place probably because they would not cave in to the size of brown envelope he wanted.

Dont forget that UCI wanted 7million for licence to call a race in Russia the Tour of Russia.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:
as for froome, perhaps he and brailsford are doing their very best to keep it credible and don't raise too many eyebrows, perhaps even more so now with the insecurity surrounding the uci presidency and who gets to control anti-doping, etc.
i think sky are greedy, but may also realize that enough is enough, for this season at least.

You realise Ferminal is talking about Froome in the Vuelta last year, when he faded badly (and raced appallingly) and comparing that to Purito and Valverde this year, right?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
You realise Ferminal is talking about Froome in the Vuelta last year, when he faded badly (and raced appallingly) and comparing that to Purito and Valverde this year, right?
indeed hadn't realized.:eek: thanks jimmy.

TRENDING THREADS