• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Katusha thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I came here to post that I found it interesting to see Yuri Trofimov lead home that group today. Just a decent rider performing above average for a few weeks, or will it go somewhere else?

Anyway since we were here Katusha have had a good start to the season. Murito won Catalunya though it was made for him, and thats not such a big surprise. Him and Daniel Murito haven't done much else.

But Katusha picked up their second monument in a row with TGAK, who then proceeded to in Flanders lead the group of favourites sans canc and vanmarke over the paterberg, drop them all on the flat then drop Terpstra on the flat after he caught him.

So a good season so far. Lets see where it goes anyway. With Muritos hillarious comments in the offseason though, I don't trust much from that team.

The Hitch said:
I came here to post that I found it interesting to see Yuri Trofimov lead home that group today. Just a decent rider performing above average for a few weeks, or will it go somewhere else?

Anyway since we were here Katusha have had a good start to the season. Murito won Catalunya though it was made for him, and thats not such a big surprise. Him and Daniel Murito haven't done much else.

But Katusha picked up their second monument in a row with TGAK, who then proceeded to in Flanders lead the group of favourites sans canc and vanmarke over the paterberg, drop them all on the flat then drop Terpstra on the flat after he caught him.

So a good season so far. Lets see where it goes anyway. With Muritos hillarious comments in the offseason though, I don't trust much from that team.

Kristoff's been interesting, that's for sure.

The Hitch said:

Katusha might get a few riders besides J-Rod/Moreno on a significant program. Really need to see a bit more action in Pais Vasco and PR I think.

I always kind of rated Trofimov (and Vorganov), not that it's likely he's ever been clean.

Too early to judge Purito as being a shade of last year (either in performance or consistency).

I never saw Kristoff as a rouleur prior to joining Katusha, maybe others are better informed.

No doubt they are probably better at facilitating than most others, but they still have their share of riders who could do with a good program. Also you'd be certain that Purito/Mureno are separate to what others are doing, Kristoff doesn't really make sense either. Chernetskiy is interesting as no doubt he was doping at Itera and then was very ordinary until the second half of the year and turned out better than most of the u23 dopers class of 2012. So yeh, team looks as rotten as ever, the extent to which staff are involved in that is another question.

Kristoff's coach is his stepfather back in wet and windy Stavanger. He trains a lot with some of the guys from Team Øster Hus - Ridley, which his stepfather also trains.

Kristoff has improved steadily. They have been following a long term plan for years, and he is not expected to be at his best yet. In a couple of years is when we can see what he can really do.

According to his coach, what is special about Kristoff is that he can burn fat instead of muscle in long races. That means his sprint is only marginally affected after a long race, while most of the others have big problem getting a good sprint going. In theory he could ride 400km's and still have the same sprinting capability.

If this is related to aerobic/anaerobic, I have no idea. The article I read just mentioned burning fat instead of muscle. I'm sure someone with knowledge of physiology could elaborate.

But as far as I understand it, the speed at which he can travel only burning fat is what he is developing.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
ToreBear said:
According to his coach, what is special about Kristoff is that he can burn fat instead of muscle in long races. That means his sprint is only marginally affected after a long race, while most of the others have big problem getting a good sprint going. In theory he could ride 400km's and still have the same sprinting capability.

Sounds like AICAR / GW5016 to me?

TRENDING THREADS