• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Katusha thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

luckyboy said:
I know he's not exactly a clean guy but this is hardly some bizarre performance to be like :eek: :rolleyes: about

My impression is that Hitch is very concerned with appearing consistent and impartial when it comes to drawing attention to possible doping offenders. Hence the bump

Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Other than age, so what? He sat on for most of the day and won by smarts. It's not like he is stronger than he has been these last couple of years.

Other than age? Nothing.

But that's like saying - other than a TDF what has Carlos Sastre won.
- Nothing.

But. He won the Tour de France.

And Paolini.

Is 38 years old.

luckyboy said:
I know he's not exactly a clean guy but this is hardly some bizarre performance to be like :eek: :rolleyes: about
He is 38 years old.

SeriousSam said:
luckyboy said:

My impression is that Hitch is very concerned with appearing consistent and impartial when it comes to drawing attention to possible doping offenders. Hence the bump

Its not about appearing consistent but being consistent. And I share with foxxy (though not quite as extreme) a belief that the further a rider goes into their late 30's the worse their performance should be.

I also have always attacked Katusha as dodgy.

And I remember Purito saying last year that at Katusha he feels better than he did when he was 25 so I think it suggests that the drugs Kat is using help with the age.

SeriousSam said:
luckyboy said:

Where are the bumps for Piti riding better than he did ten years ago and Peraud winning today

Age is mostly about motivation and not being burned out. What Paolini did today wasn't extraordinary for a 38 years old. If some pre-epo could win (big) in their mid thirties, why not today? Horner is ridiculous because he was better after 40 than before, whereas Paolini was just as good, if not better, 2, 5 and 10 years ago.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Today was an insanely difficult race. The wind was massive. At 38 that was a pretty damn impressive performance, he crashed, chased the leaders caught them got dropped caught back, went off the front twice. A massive dope fuelled performance.

luckyboy said:
SeriousSam said:
luckyboy said:

Where are the bumps for Piti riding better than he did ten years ago and Peraud winning today

You mean the Valverde thread that I created in reaction to him winning the Ardennes version of this race last year, and have been the most prominent poster in?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22200

I think you may be barking up the wrong tree here

Re:

Benotti69 said:
Today was an insanely difficult race. The wind was massive. At 38 that was a pretty damn impressive performance, he crashed, chased the leaders caught them got dropped caught back, went off the front twice. A massive dope fuelled performance.

If Roelandts had won that would have been very impressive ! Paolini played it smart towards the finish and it was that sort of chaotic day that coughs up a surprising winner sometimes. Obviously Ettix are not doping cause they can't crack the big win with two riders ever ! Maybe that was a doping salute by Paolini at the finish, had the head to dope and the heart with the right fuel.

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised Paoliin's heart didn't explode when he tapped his chest. It was probably so engorged with that "fortitude" he had running in his veins.

Perhaps that's another doping term to add to the list?

TRENDING THREADS