Kennaugh

Sep 9, 2009
6,019
0
0
I feel I need to apologise, having previously said he had a contract without working his way up the ladder, or contributing significantly.

His 5th place finish today earns a 7th man in Team Cav this September, and thus pays back a large part of the investment made in him to date.

Well done sir.

Now, if Cummings could oblige in similar fashion...
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I feel I need to apologise, having previously said he had a contract without working his way up the ladder, or contributing significantly.

His 5th place finish today earns a 7th man in Team Cav this September, and thus pays back a large part of the investment made in him to date.

Well done sir.

Now, if Cummings could oblige in similar fashion...
how does it earn a seventh man.

Prior to this race GB had five riders scoring WT points, Cavendish, Wiggins, Thomas, Millar and Swift.

Blythe and Kennaugh in Poland?

Im not sure how far down the points go. I need to read the rulebook.

edit: read it, pts down to fifth, so yes, GB have seven riders ranked now, which explains why Stannard was trying so hard to get in the sprints.

proof if ever you wanted that Cav is going to Sky.
 
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I feel I need to apologise, having previously said he had a contract without working his way up the ladder, or contributing significantly.

His 5th place finish today earns a 7th man in Team Cav this September, and thus pays back a large part of the investment made in him to date.
Even more so, it means that he actually is quite talented. You ain't seen nothing yet!
 
Jul 2, 2009
2,310
0
0
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I feel I need to apologise, having previously said he had a contract without working his way up the ladder, or contributing significantly.
To be fair to him, before joining Sky, he'd come 3rd in the Baby Giro and 4th in the U23 Worlds (and he was a couple of years younger than those that beat him). If Sky didn't exist, someone else would have signed him.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
janraaskalt said:
Isn't Blythe number 6?
Yeh, Blythe, and Kennaugh. Stannard has been trying to get a position in the sprints.
 
Jul 2, 2009
2,310
0
0
TeamSkyFans said:
how does it earn a seventh man.

Prior to this race GB had five riders scoring WT points, Cavendish, Wiggins, Thomas, Millar and Swift.

Blythe and Kennaugh in Poland?

Im not sure how far down the points go. I need to read the rulebook.

edit: read it, pts down to fifth, so yes, GB have seven riders ranked now, which explains why Stannard was trying so hard to get in the sprints.

proof if ever you wanted that Cav is going to Sky.
The top ten nations on the World rankings get a minimum of six riders, but it can rise to 7,8 or 9, but only if that nation has 7,8 or 9 riders with ranking points. Kennaugh becomes the 7th GB rider with a point, so the GB allocation rises to 7.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,475
0
0
a valuable tour of poland for gbr.

Cummings and Stannard an outside shot of making it 9?
Eneco also, and a dew one day races?
 
Mambo95 said:
The top ten nations on the World rankings get a minimum of six riders, but it can rise to 7,8 or 9, but only if that nation has 7,8 or 9 riders with ranking points. Kennaugh becomes the 7th GB rider with a point, so the GB allocation rises to 7.
Was just going to ask about that.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
a valuable tour of poland for gbr.

Cummings and Stannard an outside shot of making it 9?
Eneco also, and a dew one day races?
Eneco they only have swift and thomas as brits in the squad and they already both have points.


So its pretty much down to Cummings and Stannard, both of whom seem determined to crack the top five on a stage

Cummings is only 17th overall, top 10 isnt out of the question for him.

Wonder if Brailsford has told the british riders that whoever scores points goes to the worlds, that would be the fair way.
 
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
a valuable tour of poland for gbr.

Cummings and Stannard an outside shot of making it 9?
Eneco also, and a dew one day races?
I believe that WC nations qualification, at least via the WT, is fixed at the end of the Tour of Poland.

Not sure what the cut-off date is for qualification via the continental tables.

Wegmann's 5th place on stage 4 meant that Germany get their full nine. This was more tightly cut this year with the new rule that only ProTour team members can get WT points: if Wegmann hadn't nabbed 5th, Kittel's 3 wins would have been of no benefit to Germany getting their 9th man.
 
janraaskalt said:
Even more so, it means that he actually is quite talented. You ain't seen nothing yet!
At last years National Champs he ran Gee Thomas VERY close. Very good rider.

Also, I am assuming were talking about Peter and not his brother Tim :p
 
Jan 18, 2010
2,958
0
0
I'll be happy with 6 or 7 riders. Actually nobody should have more than seven IMO but that's for another thread.

I presume Britain are still top 10 in the rankings? I never really go to the UCI site.
 
Jun 19, 2009
550
0
0
sublimit said:
I'll be happy with 6 or 7 riders. Actually nobody should have more than seven IMO but that's for another thread.

I presume Britain are still top 10 in the rankings? I never really go to the UCI site.
Currently sitting 9th.
 
Jul 2, 2009
2,310
0
0
sublimit said:
i'll be happy with 6 or 7 riders. Actually nobody should have more than seven imo but that's for another thread.

I presume britain are still top 10 in the rankings? I never really go to the uci site.
1 spain 1,306
2 italy 1,041
3 australia 1,018
4 belgium 912
5 germany 574
6 luxembourg 536
7 netherlands 501
8 united states 482
9 great britain 460
10 france 377
11 switzerland 360
12 kazakhstan 230
13 denmark 210
14 norway 153
15 czech republic 136
16 colombia 125

The top ten at the end of the year get five riders at the Olympics too.
 
Jan 18, 2010
2,958
0
0
Mambo95 said:
1 spain 1,306
2 italy 1,041
3 australia 1,018
4 belgium 912
5 germany 574
6 luxembourg 536
7 netherlands 501
8 united states 482
9 great britain 460
10 france 377
11 switzerland 360
12 kazakhstan 230
13 denmark 210
14 norway 153
15 czech republic 136
16 colombia 125

The top ten at the end of the year get five riders at the Olympics too.
Cheers. Thats looking good for Britain.
Luxembourg also..:eek:
 
Armchair cyclist said:
I believe that WC nations qualification, at least via the WT, is fixed at the end of the Tour of Poland.

Not sure what the cut-off date is for qualification via the continental tables.
The qualification is according to the rankings on the 15th of August, both in the WorldTour and the Continental Tours.
So the ENECO Tour will be included; and for Portugal I hope their national tour will be too - it ends on the 15th. As precedent, when the Vattenfall Cyclassics were held on the 15th last (?) year, they still counted for the Worlds qualification.
 
roundabout said:
Good ride today by Kennaugh. I think it was him who tried to match Martin on the penultimate climb?
Which was impressive while it lasted, but arguably wasn't the brightest idea. Strong ride though. Maybe a sign that he's getting ready to move from being a highly touted prospect to being a fringe contender, to use the boxing parlance.
 
TeamSkyFans said:
Eneco they only have swift and thomas as brits in the squad and they already both have points.


So its pretty much down to Cummings and Stannard, both of whom seem determined to crack the top five on a stage

Cummings is only 17th overall, top 10 isnt out of the question for him.

Wonder if Brailsford has told the british riders that whoever scores points goes to the worlds, that would be the fair way.
hammond is listed to ride for Garmin at eneco.
unlikely to score WT point, even less likely the team would let him ride to try and get one.

it is shame, as normally he would have scored already at RVV or Paris-Roubaix. Makes me wonder if that was why vaughters sent him away in the break at the Ronde.

Cummings now set for 9th on GC.

if they want the 9th rider, they should send Dowsett to Eneco, to try for top 5 in the TT or to scrape top 10 in GC, his form seems good in Denmark, despite coming off an injury.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
I think there is an outside chance that Stannard could get a 5th place tomorrow, its slim, but he will certainly go for it (2 top twenty finishes earlier in the week).

Will be interesting to see if Sky change their eneco squad, im not sure whos on the reserve list, probably be a bit much to put either Dowsett, Downing or Stannard into the squad. GB will probably be satisfied with eight.
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,503
0
0
I maybe wrong, but I 'think' the ninth rider can be earned via the GB ranking in the Europe tour *


*see the uci 'rules'. Btw, I had lunch at UCI HQ in aigle today. Good spread. Highly recommended.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts