• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kik Confesses, Sort Of...

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
silverrocket said:
Or are all your default emotions negative until you can be convinced otherwise?

Chew has a childhood of Team Armstrong abuse as scar tissue. Go easy on him. We do love him here for who he is. He's one of the 12 :D.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Tinman said:
Chew has a childhood of Team Armstrong abuse as scar tissue. Go easy on him. We do love him here for who he is. He's one of the 12 :D.

the twelve...you actually get the feeling that the 12 think they have a real point in the guy going down...they don't...if they think they do it is very sad actually...this is just a forum..

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
There is nothing, and I mean nothing this woman writes about that would bring the magazine down if her column was no longer printed.

Go over to Runner's World and read her last two stories, then (if you haven't fallen asleep already) read the comments below them.

http://milemarkers.runnersworld.com/2012/10/how-the-light-gets-in/

http://milemarkers.runnersworld.com/2012/10/strength-for-climbing/

The women fawn all over her like she is their savior. It's as bad as the Livestrong junkies worshiping Lance.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there's a lot of fawning.

But there are also quite a few that are calling her out on it - and not in an aggressive abusive way that invites easy rejection, but actually some that might hit home quite hard.

I guess someone is removing these sorts of comments: USAs asleep at the moment - they'll be gone in a few hours.

Added in edit:

http://milemarkers.runnersworld.com/2012/10/how-the-light-gets-in/

The Wall Street Journal story of last Friday leaves me wondering, and I'm sad. No matter how inspirational parts of your journey have been, if it's all built on fraud, it's a lie. Ends don't justify the means.

Your entry , as always , is very well written .
But it seems to be full of rationalizations.
Someone needs to tell the truth.

Come clean Kristin. You were and are part of the lies and deception. I did not, for a minute, believe that until I read the testimonies in The Reasoned Decision. I can't read your blog anymore.

I too, have read the Reasoned Decision.
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking...
These cracks do not need more line shone through them, they need to be repaired. I will not be following you, your running pursuits and feel your words and public speaking has lost its efficacy due to your alleged involvement.

While I can appreciate all of the paradox in above, we are made strong in weakness, etc. I still don't understand as a m other how you felt keeping quiet was for your children....How old were they when this happened .....probably too young to even know what was going on if you blew the whistle....perhaps the income, even in divorce, was greater to you and what you desired for your children.......I respected you until this

These are all recent posts. Further back there don't seem to be critical posts. - Supports my supposition that they are being removed.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Square-pedaller said:
Yeah, there's a lot of fawning.

But there are also quite a few that are calling her out on it - and not in an aggressive abusive way that invites easy rejection, but actually some that might hit home quite hard.

The tone changed a lot from last week to this week. Last week the ones calling her out got shouted down four to one. This week, it seems to be more equitable.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
GuidoG said:
Wouldn't throw her under the bus completely yet. I am sorry for her. Her predicament and the scorn of all who sole focus is to damn LA.
She has children and while we don`t really know the extent of her involvement or even motivation in all of this, I would wager to guess her kids interests are the first thing she is thinking of. She starts off saying mostly I write about these things because I am a Mother. Thats enough for me.
Ask yourself if you would lie to protect your children??....esp. about something so trivial as cheating in sports. .

Sorry but your arguments are lame. Most parents tell the truth, especially wrt their children and what they will read about in the future. The 'trivial' sport of cycling has paid for her underhanded path, allowing her to write he books.

Betsy had, and DID, lose a lot. I defy you to tell us that Betsy (and Frankie) didn't experience emotional strife, financial loss (lost contracts, lawyer bills...), and negative social implications?

I would argue that Frankie and Betsy had to make hard decisions early on. They chose the righteous path to do something, and no harm. Especially Betsy, who never doped, never lied but had so much to lose. And, despite that she not only stood up to the mountain of vile but continued to fight and fight.

Kik...what has she done to be honest? LA divorced her, and if he didn't she may still be with him today, living the lie and supporting her man. She is vapid and collusional to all the lies. Don't worry, in time, her children will figure it out. It won't be long now until they are affected by the high school mobs and its unavoidable social bullying. Then they will search out the internet for answers and lose all respect for their Mother.

On a separate note, those who think that the CN 12 have no influence on LA and his outcome...look no further than who posts and replies here: Betsy, JV, LA(anonymously), Mike A, J. Papp... What about all the lawyers, agents and other riders we don't even know about?

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
Then let Runner's World find another woman with a better storyline than hers. Can't be that difficult, and it's not like she's an elite runner. She's not.

Runner's World will not alienate a huge segment of their audience by firing her. What, is she too big to fail? There is nothing, and I mean nothing this woman writes about that would bring the magazine down if her column was no longer printed.

And Chebacca is wrong. We don't need a confession from Armstrong for Runner's World to fire Kristen. She can be shown the door RIGHT NOW and the magazine and its' readers won't skip a beat.

I can agree with this..I've subscribed to Runner's World for years now and most of the time I skip her column. I tend to read the training articles more. I wouldn't even notice if the column wasn't there.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
irongrl said:
I must have missed these...:eek: Why was she interviewing him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm35dhgPO58

Enjoy. Look how torn up she is about the past just a couple of years ago. Look at the anger towards LA for making her the victim. The backpack of sadness or whatever the **** she wrote was gone by then like a fart in the wind.

Keep up the good work, guys. This thread is hilarious. :cool:

Edit: It's been posted upthread. Sorry.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
The Gnome said:
unfamiliar with my work means, sorta like Lance: shut up even when I am being a total stupid idiot...or I will get really really dumb and vicious...I have kids and know so much better than you...so stand off or I will use my standing around this joint to kill you...talk about being self justified...oh and by the way being a proud member of the 12 means I helped bring down lance ect...I am delusional like that...I killed him, you didnt....

Nice bullseye. :D

May 27, 2012
Visit site
silverrocket said:
If you don't know who I am how would you know what to expect from me, or that you "couldn't ****ing care less about" me? Or are all your default emotions negative until you can be convinced otherwise?

Also, since you apparently missed it, my quip about "just a law student" was a reference (which is why I italicized it) to how you were angrily responding to a previous poster who used that phrase to discard your opinion. I was making a little joke to show solidarity with you, since I also dislike when people pre-judge people's opinions based on that person's job, or race, or nationality. You, in turn, responded with words dripping with hate, but far from being embarrassed by your insult, I'm far more embarrassed that I ever gave you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm so disappointed I can't even muster up a good lawyer joke here...

If I read your post incorrectly (and evidently I did), I apologize.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
The Gnome said:
unfamiliar with my work means, sorta like Lance: shut up even when I am being a total stupid idiot...or I will get really really dumb and vicious...I have kids and know so much better than you...so stand off or I will use my standing around this joint to kill you...talk about being self justified...oh and by the way being a proud member of the 12 means I helped bring down lance ect...I am delusional like that...I killed him, you didnt....

Yawn......................

May 27, 2012
Visit site
ChrisE said:
Nice bullseye. :D

Says the dude who wanted Lance to walk so he could win a petty intertubes argument...

That you still post here is funny. I was reading some of your most recent posts. Seems you're trying to blend in a bit with the crowd...if only everyone here didn't remember the stupidity you posted time and again, it might work...:rolleyes:

May 27, 2012
Visit site
The Gnome said:
the twelve...you actually get the feeling that the 12 think they have a real point in the guy going down...they don't...if they think they do it is very sad actually...this is just a forum..

The false narrative is interesting. "The 12" was started as a denigrating term used by fanboys to somehow suggest that there were just a handful of people here who were zealots for a cause that nobody cared about.

Certainly, none of us who were included in that classification thought we were bringing down anyone. I posted what I saw as the truth. Still do. Notice that my content on this particular thread swims upstream from the flow. But to suggest that I sit around being self satisfied because I was an integral part of bringing down Armstrong is just stupid. I got in a twitter slapfight with Lance...I gained 100 followers on twitter that very next day!!!:rolleyes:...if I start putting that on my resume of "My life's accomplishments" I'll shoot myself in the head.

By the way, you are now on ChrisE's list of okay dudes. Way do dig your way down to the sewer.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The Gnome said:

there is no 12. these were small cheap barbs aimed at the clinic, like 'echo chamber' and 'same 12 posting'.......by Armstrong and his ever dwindling entourage. the same 12 morphed into 12 disciples as a joke.

The Clinic played its part, however small in the fall of Armstrong.

If it wasn't important, there would not have been so many trolls from Armstrong in here for a long time. Neither would Armstrong have referred to it trying to dismiss it as a small echo chamber of 12 posters ;)

The Clinic currently attracts more viewers than the road racing section. The racing season is over but still lots happening to discuss in the rr, re transfers, ds transfers, sponsors, etc etc but most would rather be here reading.

Edit: Chewie got in before me. Those fingers are pros :)

Benotti69 said:
there is no 12. these were small cheap barbs aimed at the clinic, like 'echo chamber' and 'same 12 posting'.......by Armstrong and his ever dwindling entourage. the same 12 morphed into 12 disciples as a joke.

The Clinic played its part, however small in the fall of Armstrong.

If it wasn't important, there would not have been so many trolls from Armstrong in here for a long time. Neither would Armstrong have referred to it trying to dismiss it as a small echo chamber of 12 posters ;)

The Clinic currently attracts more viewers than the road racing section. The racing season is over but still lots happening to discuss in the rr, re transfers, ds transfers, sponsors, etc etc but most would rather be here reading.

Edit: Chewie got in before me. Those fingers are pros :)

Actually Vaughters used the phrase. Specifically, he said that he wasn't going to do things in a certain way just to satisfy the potentially myopic and short sighted desires of a narrowly defined group of cycling "fans".

May 18, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Says the dude who wanted Lance to walk so he could win a petty intertubes argument...

That you still post here is funny. I was reading some of your most recent posts. Seems you're trying to blend in a bit with the crowd...if only everyone here didn't remember the stupidity you posted time and again, it might work...:rolleyes:

Once more, I do not consider doping to win bike races against another group of dopers to rise to the level of Federal intervention. You etal in here obviously disagree. Since I feel that way, I took great delight in seeing the case dropped. But, you may get the last laugh.

I try to blend in with nobody. Gnome smacked one out of the park in describing your insecure personality. He deserved kudos. I have no reason to post lately, but I do read alot for humor and enjoy watching you flail around.

Now, back on topic. I somewhat agree with your heartfelt "what about the kids" plea. But, you miss the point. If all she has to say is the crap in that article, she should just STFU.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Dave,

Let me publicly apologize for teeing off so hard in my post. I have emotional issues centered around being an egomaniac with an inferiority complex. Those familiar with my work are well familiar with that, and you are in that group.

I still believe that Ms. Armstrong was taking into account the effect of her words on her kids. I am not lionizing her. She accepted the seed of a narcissist like Armstrong. Water seeks its own level. I just felt that much of the content on this thread was unwarranted in relation to the article she wrote. I also truly feel for the Armstrong children. I always have. They live in an emotional cluster****.

If Lance really cared about his family, he'd come clean and begin to become an example to his children of something positive. Instead, like the place of everyone else in his life, they are just a prop for his ego. I don't think they hold that same place in their mother's life. I could be wrong, but I really think she is trying to navigate this with them in mind. That isn't to say she doesn't have personal motives also, but at least it isn't 100% personal motive like their father.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
ChrisE said:
Once more, I do not consider doping to win bike races against another group of dopers to rise to the level of Federal intervention. You etal in here obviously disagree. Since I feel that way, I took great delight in seeing the case dropped. But, you may get the last laugh.

I try to blend in with nobody. Gnome smacked one out of the park in describing your insecure personality. He deserved kudos. I have no reason to post lately, but I do read alot for humor and enjoy watching you flail around.

Now, back on topic. I somewhat agree with your heartfelt "what about the kids" plea. But, you miss the point. If all she has to say is the crap in that article, she should just STFU.

Clearly.

To your point about her not writing the article, that is a valid point. My point of posting wasn't to address that point, it was to address the suggestion that she should write a tell-all about all of this. My opinion is that she is the last person who should because of how it might affect her children and their relationship with her and their father. As I said, regardless of the place they hold in the eyes of others, they are still just two people with children in the real world of their daily lives...well, I think Ms. Armstrong is a parent anyway.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
aphronesis said:
Actually Vaughters used the phrase. Specifically, he said that he wasn't going to do things in a certain way just to satisfy the potentially myopic and short sighted desires of a narrowly defined group of cycling "fans".

Personally, I liked being called a "bone-idle ****." If I'm going to be insulted, I'd rather be insulted with profanity. Being talked about between the wine course and the cheese course doesn't really do it for me.

ChewbaccaD said:
Personally, I liked being called a "bone-idle ****." If I'm going to be insulted, I'd rather be insulted with profanity. Being talked about between the wine course and the cheese course doesn't really do it for me.

I prefer that epithet as well, but it's not for me to use in this context. Profanity on the other hand is lazy. My point--and this is off thread topic--is that the "Clinic 12" wasn't just some fan-boy jab, but that it had real validity in terms of thinking about the likelihood or means of achieving any far reaching reform of the sport. Independent of the LA saga.

As to your crusade in this particular thread, it's worth noting also that Ms. Armstrong is under no compulsion to bare all this week simply because it coincides with the current media frenzy. That seems to be getting lost in here as well: simply because she's been made a public figure in relation to the cycling world doesn't make her responsible to that particular public because it's now convenient.

The few raging about upthread calling her a coward should get out and mow the lawn maybe--go surf the aisles at home depot. I'd be curious to know how many of those using the word casually and indignantly have been morally upright throughout every instance of their lives.

ChewbaccaD said:
as long as we're off-topic... you need to be taken out to a proper meal -- one in which wine is not merely a course :D

May 9, 2009
Visit site
aphronesis said:
The few raging about upthread calling her a coward should get out and mow the lawn maybe--go surf the aisles at home depot. I'd be curious to know how many of those using the word casually and indignantly have been morally upright throughout every instance of their lives.

Not everyone is perfect, but not everyone writes a column in a leading national magazine.

And when it comes to cheating in sports, I have indeed "been morally upright throughout every instance of [my life]."

May 26, 2010
Visit site
aphronesis said:
I prefer that epithet as well, but it's not for me to use in this context. Profanity on the other hand is lazy. My point--and this is off thread topic--is that the "Clinic 12" wasn't just some fan-boy jab, but that it had real validity in terms of thinking about the likelihood or means of achieving any far reaching reform of the sport. Independent of the LA saga.

As to your crusade in this particular thread, it's worth noting also that Ms. Armstrong is under no compulsion to bare all this week simply because it coincides with the current media frenzy. That seems to be getting lost in here as well: simply because she's been made a public figure in relation to the cycling world doesn't make her responsible to that particular public because it's now convenient.

Please be rest assured that my butter tray contains nothing but butter ;)

May 27, 2012
Visit site
aphronesis said:

So calling someone a "bone-idle ****" is lazy because it uses profanity, but he was calling people lazy with his charge, so that's like a double negative or something, right...

TRENDING THREADS