• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kittel

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

Salvarani said:
I think it is tasteless to say that about someone, even if it is true or not. And to say it when you dont know for sure is plain stupid. "or so I have heard..." is a cowardly thing to say.

If Kittel is being reckless and not taking care himself is one thing, but it could be something deeper behind it and then he should receive help and support. Not slander and people gossiping about it.

If his heart is not in it anymore and he dont really care about being a professional, then the team should intervene and have a conversation with him and lay down some rules if he gonna keep riding for the team or terminate his contract.
Marcel Kittel: “On my request Team KATUSHA ALPECIN (TKA) and I have mutually decided to an early termination of my current contract.
full statement here
https://teamkatushaalpecin.com/news/team-katusha-alpecin-and-marcel-kittel-have-agreed-terminate-their-contractual-relationship-its

HMM...I wonder if the alternative blood therapies he used in his younger days messed with his immune system (maybe even his endocrine system too)? FYI: not clinic, the blood cleansing/purification stuff he was experimenting with in his younger days.

Re:

Jancouver said:
Viviani out.
Kittel back to QuickStep.
All problems solved.
Katusha could try to get Viviani.
DQ already have Jakobsen as their next top sprinter and Hodeg as the 2nd guy.
That said, many teams would probably try to get Kittel, just give him a low base salary a big win bonuses. Dimension Donkey could try to sign him to replace Cav.

Mayomaniac said:
Jancouver said:
Viviani out.
All problems solved.
That said, many teams would probably try to get Kittel, just give him a low base salary a big win bonuses. Dimension Donkey could try to sign him to replace Cav.

Think he might need a team with a staff psychiatrist which as far as I'm aware leaves DQS, AG2R and Ineos

MatParker117 said:
Mayomaniac said:
Jancouver said:
Viviani out.
All problems solved.

Think he might need a team with a staff psychiatrist which as far as I'm aware leaves DQS, AG2R and Ineos

Movistar has a psychiatrist as well. However, not sure how well he speaks any language other than Spanish. I read an interview with him 4 or so years ago. He talked about a lot of things and one thing he said was that to motivate riders you have to learn each rider as they all need motivated differently.

Koronin said:
MatParker117 said:
Mayomaniac said:
Jancouver said:
Viviani out.
All problems solved.

Movistar has a psychiatrist as well. However, not sure how well he speaks any language other than Spanish. I read an interview with him 4 or so years ago. He talked about a lot of things and one thing he said was that to motivate riders you have to learn each rider as they all need motivated differently.

Ground-breaking stuff.

tobydawq said:
Koronin said:
MatParker117 said:
Mayomaniac said:
Jancouver said:
Viviani out.
All problems solved.

Ground-breaking stuff.

He was asked something about motivating riders and that was his response. However, you'd think that would be common sense.

Here's the report. He claims to have lost motivation to suffer on the bike. He now plans to study economics.

I like that. He has won everything that was possible for him.
Thank you, Marcel, for this great career. :)

Sad news. Kittel in 2013,2014 & 2017 certainly was a true rocket sprinter like Alejet & Cipo during their prime!
Something Cavendish just wasn't, despite his impressive palmares!

Once Jumbo-Visma was rumored to sign Dumoulin, it became clear that there wouldn't be space for Kittel anymore.

Still, would've liked the idea of him riding a lighter schedule and focusing on the Giro d'Italia!

Sad news. Kittel in 2013,2014 & 2017 certainly was a true rocket sprinter like Alejet & Cipo during their prime!
Something Cavendish just wasn't, despite his impressive palmares!

Once Jumbo-Visma was rumored to sign Dumoulin, it became clear that there wouldn't be space for Kittel anymore.

Still, would've liked the idea of him riding a lighter schedule and focusing on the Giro d'Italia!
No space at Jumbo, but space at Sunweb, or maybe Quickstep.

Still, good luck to him. As you say, at his best, he was just unstoppable. The inevitability of Kittel blasting past everyone at 5-10 kmh faster than they could was a sight to behold.

Reactions: TMP402

TRENDING THREADS