• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Klasika Primavera & Giro dell'Appennino - April 10

Perhaps these deserve their own threads, but who are we kidding? It's not as if they're likely to get much attention with Roubaix going on at the same time. And I didn't really want them to wind up in "lesser known results" as I figured they're worth some discussion beforehand.

And plenty of Colombians! 2 squads at KP and 1 in GdA. Right now there's some overlap in Colombia es Pasion's
squads for the two races - maybe Ryo can straighten it out.

Preludes to the Ardennes. Neither is an uphill finish but look at the lists of past winners.

Klasika Primavera
<-- click to enlarge

Past winners
2010: S Sanchez, 2) Anton, 3) F Schleck
2009: Valverde
2008: Cunego
2007: J Rodriguez
2006: Sastre
2005: D Etxebarria
2004: Valverde
2003: Valverde

Teams
Euskaltel, Movistar, SaxoBank, Geox, Caja Rural, Saur Sojasun, Orbea, Andalucia, Onda, Burgos 2016, Colombia es Pasion, UNE - EPM, KTM Murcia, Russian National

Start list
Website

Giro dell'Appennino
<-- click to enlarge

Past Winners
2010: Kiserlovski 2) Pozzovivo 3) Bertolini
2009: Nibali
2008: Bertolini
2007: Bertolini
2006: Nocentini
2005: Simoni
2004: Cunego
2003: Simoni

Teams Lampre, Androni, Colnago, Acqua & Sapone, Farnese, De Rosa, Colombia es Pasion, United Healthcare, Adria Mobil, TT1, Price Your Bike, Miche, Vorarlberg, Amore & Vita, D'Angelo & Antenucci, Maridiana, Ora Hotels, WSA

Start List
Website

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
finally the strongest team in colombia comes to europe (again). epm-une former orbitel and lead by raul mesa who also lead like I said orbitel and famous postobon

they come here with incredible team of climbers except castaneda(former lampre) who is a sprinter. their best rider on paper is ortega but he didn't seem to be in great shape in colombia. suarez is their strongest allround rider, he was 5th at last years vuelta colombia and is a great downhiller, timetrialist, climber and very fast too. will be interesting to see him in europe and how his level is here. he should be the one who will be easiest to adapt as he's a big guy for colombian proportions with 1.81 and 66 kg and very "european" type of rider. also great track rider he used to be but has like wiggins dropped in weight and had a great breakthrough last year in colombia as a climber

Totally hope the WSA guys can do a good showing in the Apennines.

Last year Pozzovivo was killer in this, attacking and dropping everybody, unfortunately for him Kiserlovski (and Niemiec, though he got dropped by Pozzo) was in an earlier move, they went to the line together, and if there's anybody worse in a two-up sprint than Pozzovivo I don't want to see them show it.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Can we expect anything from Ivan Parra? He shot to fame at the '05 Giro, then he went to Cofidis and to say that it didn't work out is an understatement, and has been back in Colombia ever since (?).

I wouldn't expect much from him, frankly. He looked promising at Vitalicio, then sort of disappeared, then came out of nowhere with Selle Italia to win two Giro stages, then virtually nothing at Cofidis and that was 4 years ago. I mean, some people whose last name starts with S should really [censored for Clinicness].

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Can we expect anything from Ivan Parra? He shot to fame at the '05 Giro, then he went to Cofidis and to say that it didn't work out is an understatement, and has been back in Colombia ever since (?).

I think not because he's not really setting the world on fire in colombia either. still this is his first year with epm-une and if there's one team or more precise team director who knows how to motivate him it's raul mesa. parra had tremendous talent but turned out to be a money rider only showing himself when he was truly making no money like at vitalicio his first years and at colombia selle italia. same thing happened to carlos contreras. this is always a risk with riders from there. rujano had it too but is now changed.

at cofidis he didn;t ride too bad I think top 15 at giro twice? nothing amazing but nothing really bad either. no where near what his talent could've brought him as he was seen as an even bigger talent than his brother fabio.

jaylew said:
And plenty of Colombians! 2 squads at KP and 1 in GdA. Right now there's some overlap in Colombia es Pasion's
squads for the two races - maybe Ryo can straighten it out

Klasika Primavera
COLOMBIA ES PASION - CAFE DE COLOMBIA
121 CANO ARDILA Alex Colombia
122 QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander Colombia
123 ATAPUMA Darwin Colombia
124 SUAREZ Camilo Colombia
125 MARTINEZ MONTERO John Edibberto Colombia
126 CHALAPUD Robinson Colombia
127 OSPINA Dalivier Colombia
128 PENA GRISALES Victor Hugo Colombia
http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MjE3OTQ=

Giro dell´Appennino
COLOMBIA ES PASION - CAFE DE COLOMBIA
91 PANTANO Jarlinson Colombia
92 LAVERDE JIMENEZ Luis Felipe Colombia
93 VILLEGAS CARDONA Juan Pablo Colombia
94 CHAVES RUBIO Jhoan Esteban Colombia
95 MARTINEZ MONTERO Carlos Andres Colombia
96 HUGO SEBASTIAN Salazar Castaneda Colombia
97 PAEZ LEON Hector Leonardo Colombia
98 PÉREZ Jahir Colombia
http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MjE3OTU=

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
and again on the next climb they make no doubts about who is boss :) and controls the pelotons

1. Quintana; 2. Chalapud; 3. Páez; 4. Cano. Todos del Colombia es Pasión.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Rubén Pérez, Herrada, Sanz, Nicki Sorensen, Ferrari, Talabardon, Shilov, Quintana y Atapuma.

30 seconds with less than 20 seconds to go

TRENDING THREADS