• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

knee bands

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

What are the strips/bands that the pros are using? I remember them been discussed last year but can't remember what they are called.

Also any one know if they would be good helping me after knee surgery (Had a latteral release on my knee cap and a "hole" filled on the cartlidge of my thigh bone)

TIA

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
It's kinesiotape. SpiderTech, which sponsors a canadian team, sells pre-cut, pre-shaped strips, which are good for self-application. You can buy Kinesiotape and cut it yourself. There is a technique involved for proper application and doing it yourself can be tough, but depends on what part of the body you're doing. You could probably do a knee yourself. Each application can last 5-7 days, and you can shower with it.

It's one of those things that can help certain problems, but it's not a cure-all by any means.

morite said:
Also any one know if they would be good helping me after knee surgery (Had a latteral release on my knee cap and a "hole" filled on the cartlidge of my thigh bone)

nah-fence, but don't you think asking your doctor/physio might be the best option for this question?

I've gone through PCL and medial ligament damage, and one used a variation of taping around my kneecap and some side strips for support. It helped, but how much I really can't say - not something I'd done before to be able to compare the difference in going through the same thing without it...