• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kreuziger to face CAS? 10 days left for appeal...

Will UCI appeal?

• Utter silence, we will not know until someone leaks info

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Let's test the accuracy of the Clinic....

Will UCI appeal?

I'am not so sure..

And if not the current ABP and it's use should be dropped..?
What point is there if 3+ years of data can't result in a secure verdict...

If succesfully appealed then Cookson would have plenty of argument to his "independent" tribunal...

May 19, 2010
Visit site
mrhender said:
Let's test the accuracy of the Clinic....

Will UCI appeal?

I'am not so sure..

And if not the current ABP and it's use should be dropped..?
What point is there if 3+ years of data can't result in a secure verdict...

If succesfully appealed then Cookson would have plenty of argument to his "independent" tribunal...

EDIT: wait for poll...

There is no way this one case will make WADA drop the ABP. More than 40 ABP cases have been won for the anti-doping authoreties, several cases have been won at CAS. One case lost will not make the ABP system crash. Maybe UCI will have to find a new expert panel, that's all.

Cookson has already said Kreuziger is guilty. He can't back down now, at least not unless he can blame it on the expert panel.

mrhender said:
Uhh? the one you suggested????

I made no claim. I asked a question. I'll repeat it for you if you like: What evidence is there that they haven't already lodged an appeal?

I'll add to it if you really want: given the new transparency on "Clean Sport" in the UCI, do we expect them to announce an appeal if they won't announce actually sanctioning other riders?

You yourself provided an option in your poll for news of an appeal not becoming public until someone leaks it.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
fmk_RoI said:
I made no claim. I asked a question. I'll repeat it for you if you like: What evidence is there that they haven't already lodged an appeal?

I'll add to it if you really want: given the new transparency on "Clean Sport" in the UCI, do we expect them to announce an appeal if they won't announce actually sanctioning other riders?

You yourself provided an option in your poll for news of an appeal not becoming public until someone leaks it.

Semantics ;)

Further discussion of this is irrelevant right?

And since you've chosen the defensive poll option...
In your honest opinion:
Will the UCI appeal, or have they already done so?

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
fmk_RoI said:
What?!? You've already jumped from calling it a claim to a suggestion. Get it right: it was a bloody question. The clue was in the question mark.

Okay then... And I said nothing right?
Question answered...
Yet no answer to my question?

UCI will appeal on the deadline.

They must have been confident for Cookson to stock his neck out; prudent to use all the time you have to double check everything though before filing the appeal

Right now I imagine Cookson is stomping about UCI HQ kicking lawyers and shouting this better ****ing stick or we're going to look like right ****s.

Dr. Juice said:
Would be hilarious if the operator who writes the appeal confounds the deadline date and does it 1 day too late. Would be freakin awesome :D

Face saving tactic from the UCI if they realise they don't have a case: "obviously we would have won the appeal, but due to some confusion with the dates we didn't lodge in time and will have to let him off"... :eek::eek:

TRENDING THREADS