• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne 3 march 2019 201 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Blanco said:
Jancouver said:
Jungels has the engine and potential to be the next Boonen-Valverde combo.

Dear Bob, please stop wasting your time on those lame GTs and work on your sprinting instead. You can be the total one-day racer package.

I fail to see any similarity to those two. Maybe new Terpstra, or somebody like that...

Jungels won U23 Paris-Roubaix and he also already won LBL so I would say those are some similarities.

... he can also TT better than Tom & Piti so maybe he can be even more versatile than those two.

Well, he TTs better than both, is not fast in a sprint, which they are --> I don't see how he remotely compares to them.

I think Cancellara indeed is a better comparison, but it's true, he's a much better climber (and inferior time trialist).

The Terpstra comparison also has some merits in that his solo attack at the end of a tough race seems to be deadly (a trait I really dislike in a rider because he destroys the suspense).

Jancouver said:
Blanco said:
Jancouver said:

Dear Bob, please stop wasting your time on those lame GTs and work on your sprinting instead. You can be the total one-day racer package.

I fail to see any similarity to those two. Maybe new Terpstra, or somebody like that...

Jungels won U23 Paris-Roubaix and he also already won LBL so I would say those are some similarities.

... he can also TT better than Tom & Piti so maybe he can be even more versatile than those two.
A guy that could perform on the cobbles, and in the Ardennes, and do a top 10 in a GT on a good day... A bit like Criquielion?

Jancouver said:
Blanco said:
Jancouver said:

But he lacks the speed to become one of the very best. Even Cancellara needed a fast sprint, without that I doubt Jungels will become classics great.

Blanco said:
Jancouver said:
Blanco said:
Jancouver said:

But he lacks the speed to become one of the very best. Even Cancellara needed a fast sprint, without that I doubt Jungels will become classics great.
He did win a Giro sprint against the likes of Pinot and Quintana. That's a start. :p

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

Blanco said:
Jancouver said:
Blanco said:
Jancouver said:

Yes, I agree, he does lack the speed/sprint and that's why I suggested that he works on that instead of training for GTs.

He already is a great rouleur and with a better sprint, and more explosiveness on shorter climbs, he got the potential to be a great classic rider.

Jancouver said:
Blanco said:
Jancouver said:
Blanco said:
Jancouver said:

Yes, I agree, he does luck the speed/sprint and that's why I suggested that he works on that instead of training for GTs.

He already is a great rouleur and with a better sprint, and more explosiveness on shorter climbs, he got the potential to be a great classic rider.
If Jungels keeps choosing his attacks as well as he has been, that may be enough for him to become a great classics rider. He seems to read the race very well.

TRENDING THREADS