• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kuurne Brussels Kuurne 1.1 26/02

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Libertine Seguros said:
I don't mind the sprints. It's the stages to that point, as you rightly point out there's nothing else to talk about for 160km.

Might as well make it a 16km circuit race called Kuurne-Kortrijk-Kuurne and save us a few hours.

Well I watched an hour over the climbs and cobbles and it did briefly look like it might get interesting when the Boonen group got away but once they were caught, I stopped watching at 40km to go and retuned back in for the final 5km. Didnt miss much, did I?

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Well I watched an hour over the climbs and cobbles and it did briefly look like it might get interesting when the Boonen group got away but once they were caught, I stopped watching at 40km to go and retuned back in for the final 5km. Didnt miss much, did I?

This race always plays out like this tho, which makes it even worse than a TdF stage. This race gives you false hope it might get interesting, but deep inside you know it will be a sprint anyway.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
I did the same, only I didn't bother tuning back in.

I learned my lesson, not going to watch Scheldeprijs this season. It's a shame these races never get into financial problems. Omloop was great though, can't complain :)