• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LA: So unprofessional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
From what I read with the Sastre Interview; makes me dislike Lance even more. He is not back to promote the war against cancer. He is there to promote his self-centered egotistical mind set. The way he was stated as saying "He can kick all of their @$$es" from the 2008 TDF is very unprofessional. I like Carlos Sastre, and I hope he destroys that lousy cyclist (Lance) on every climb. I am waiting for lance to be by himself on a climb with no help and Carlos and VandeVelde just smoke him and leave him for the sprinters to pick up.

I used to be a fan of Lance, but after reading his books, and seeing what kind of guy he really is, he is not good for cycling. He is horrible for cycling. He should go into Nascar, golf, or baseball. What a jerk!

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
so if astana wins the ttt lance will be in yellow its tomorrow right as long as they beat saxo by enough time it seems clear to me after today that lance may be riding to win well see in the hills.:cool:

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
so if astana wins the ttt lance will be in yellow its tomorrow right as long as they beat saxo by enough time it seems clear to me after today that lance may be riding to win well see in the hills.:cool:

1. Astana probably will not win the ttt
2. They will probably not beat Saxo by 40s
3. Armstrong was smart to ride in the front of the bunch (and make the split), but this stage means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It was not a mountain stage or a time trial.
4. Of course Lance is riding to win (his ego wouldn't allow otherwise), but if you think todays split means anything then you know nothing about the sport of cycling. Go back to watching Versus for the next 3 weeks and then leave everyone alone for another year!

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
exercisephiend said:
From what I read with the Sastre Interview; makes me dislike Lance even more. He is not back to promote the war against cancer. He is there to promote his self-centered egotistical mind set. The way he was stated as saying "He can kick all of their @$$es" from the 2008 TDF is very unprofessional. I like Carlos Sastre, and I hope he destroys that lousy cyclist (Lance) on every climb. I am waiting for lance to be by himself on a climb with no help and Carlos and VandeVelde just smoke him and leave him for the sprinters to pick up.

I used to be a fan of Lance, but after reading his books, and seeing what kind of guy he really is, he is not good for cycling. He is horrible for cycling. He should go into Nascar, golf, or baseball. What a jerk!

Leave golf out of this! If I were you I would turn off my TV and not watch any more races that Lance is in.

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Bagster said:
Leave golf out of this! If I were you I would turn off my TV and not watch any more races that Lance is in.

I like Carlos Sastre, and I hope he destroys that lousy cyclist (Lance) on every climb. I am waiting for lance to be by himself on a climb with no help and Carlos and VandeVelde just smoke him and leave him for the sprinters to pick up.

I like Carlos too but you are in fantasy land if you think this is going to happen, he's never managed to destroy or even keep up with that "lousy cyclist" (did you really say lousy"??) in the mountains before during a TdF. Carlos is a one stage wonder in terms of riding away from the bunch. I'm predicting there will be no repeats of the Alp this year though he will be his usual consistent self.

I have no issue if you want to join the legions of Lance haters, but lets not get too delusional, Armstrong smashed the TdF hopefuls for seven years. While there may be a changing of the guard this year he will be up there a lot longer than a lot of the pretenders.

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
exercisephiend said:

I like Carlos too but you are in fantasy land if you think this is going to happen, he's never managed to destroy or even keep up with that "lousy cyclist" (did you really say lousy"??) in the mountains before during a TdF. Carlos is a one stage wonder in terms of riding away from the bunch. I'm predicting there will be no repeats of the Alp this year though he will be his usual consistent self.

I have no issue if you want to join the legions of Lance haters, but lets not get too delusional, Armstrong smashed the TdF hopefuls for seven years. While there may be a changing of the guard this year he will be up there a lot longer than a lot of the pretenders.

But if I were you I would turn off my TV and not watch any more races that Lance is in.

A

Anonymous

exercisephiend said:
From what I read with the Sastre Interview;........What a jerk!

thank you for visiting, we do hope you enjoy your stay. If there is anything we can do to make your three weeks with us a little more comfortable please let us know and one of our staff will be pleased to help you.

If at any point you wish to start a thread, just click on the New Thread button which you will find located at the end of each corridor. New Threads ideally should be about a topic not previously discussed, but If you wish to start a new one despite that, feel free, and receive one of our special "i started a thread" certificates.

Breakfast is served each morning at 7am Eastern European Time, and will consist of portions of ridicule and croissonts. Irony and sarcasm can be provided but these need to be ordered the night before at reception.

During your stay there will be a number of activities and events for the new tourist. These include:

The "ive just started the most pointless thread" contest.. This one is hotly contested, especially amongst first time visitors. To win it really must be something really special. Try making it about a subject already discussed and on the front page of the forum. If you cant to that at least make it about Lance Armstrong, or the Astana Team. Bonus points are awarded each day for making the thread title completely unrelated to the content, although guests are disqualified for obvious attention grabbing headlines.

The Daily "i clearly dont know what im talking about" - A competition contested by both new guests, and more seasoned travellers. Previous entries include wrong rider names, or team names, through to people who have tipped someone to win despite them not being in the race.

The "National Bias takes over" award. Hotly contested amongst Australians who believe that Cadel Evans can win the tour de france, this award is though open to contestants from all countries. On the spot prizes are awarded for any spaniards who think Contador is clean, or Valverde is being unfairly targeted, Americans who think Lance Armstrong is god, and Brits that think Mark Cavendish is not an arrogant ****. Due to the size of some countries, guests from Norway or Sweden are allowed to refer to themselves as "scandinavian" and show bias to all riders from cold countries. nb: Additional towels are provided for our german guests.

Please remember, before ending your stay to visit our botique where you will find a wide range of items by which to remember your visit, these including doping products, chocolates, and a fine range of "I Hate" tshirts, which may be customised for you with the name of your choice up to 15 letters, just enough for the name of your most hated cyclist as long as he isnt russian. For the compulsive new thread starter we also have a wide range of sporting goods, including "i started a pointless thread" baseballs caps, tshirts, and golf umbrellas.

Do enjoy your stay with us and we hope to see you again next year.

z195889785.jpg

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
exercisephiend said:

Okay, so he's self centered and egotistical, it's called being a professional sportsman. I think the guy's a total ****er too, but I have dealt with plenty of pro athletes in my life and maybe 80% of them are total cocks, life revolves around them and that's that. He just enjoys being a knob more than anyone else,because he can and he sees the dollar value of any press. So said Alice Cooper " any press is better than no press at all"..
Let it go... or just watch the flat stages

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
All LA has to do is become a Scientologist and his transformation to total ****er will be complete. Early on in his career, his head wasnt so big, he was approachable and actually had a sense of humour.

I am worried that someone from the crowd will have a go at him in the mountains.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
DJ Sprtsch said:
Fantasic award, kudos!
But how do I get a gold or platinum award then...a thread on the Astana dinner table arrangement perhaps. Lance ALWAYS gets the seat next to JB. It's another blow for Contador.

One would suggest Lance sitting next to the Hog is another BLOW for the Hog... :rolleyes: Those two are close... very close... :p

A

Anonymous

DJ Sprtsch said:
Fantasic award, kudos!
But how do I get a gold or platinum award then...a thread on the Astana dinner table arrangement perhaps. Lance ALWAYS gets the seat next to JB. It's another blow for Contador.

golds will be decided by the judging commitee for exemplary performance in stupidity.. :D

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
thank you for visiting, we do hope you enjoy your stay. If there is anything we can do to make your three weeks with us a little more comfortable please let us know and one of our staff will be pleased to help you.

If at any point you wish to start a thread, just click on the New Thread button which you will find located at the end of each corridor. New Threads ideally should be about a topic not previously discussed, but If you wish to start a new one despite that, feel free, and receive one of our special "i started a thread" certificates.

Please remember, before ending your stay to visit our botique where you will find a wide range of items by which to remember your visit, these including doping products, chocolates, and a fine range of "I Hate" tshirts, which may be customised for you with the name of your choice up to 15 letters, just enough for the name of your most hated cyclist as long as he isnt russian. For the compulsive new thread starter we also have a wide range of sporting goods, including "i started a pointless thread" baseballs caps, tshirts, and golf umbrellas.

Breakfast is served each morning at 7am Eastern European Time, and will consist of portions of ridicule and croissonts. Irony and sarcasm can be provided but these need to be ordered the night before at reception.

Do enjoy your stay with us and we hope to see you again next year.

z195889785.jpg
LOL! Classic:D

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
One would suggest Lance sitting next to the Hog is another BLOW for the Hog... :rolleyes: Those two are close... very close... :p

Gotta love it how losers spend much of their lives slagging of winners.

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
workingclasshero said:
gotta love how self-styled winners spend much of their lives sucking off wieners

Two points there...at least they are winners and it's more ****ing off wieners (like you) than sucking them off.

Plus a few million cancer victims would probably not share your worthless opinion.

May 1, 2009
Visit site
Bagster said:
Two points there...at least they are winners and it's more ****ing off wieners (like you) than sucking them off.

Plus a few million cancer victims would probably not share your worthless opinion.

Lance is not a cure for cancer.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
don't hate

:cool:Don’t be a hater. Get a grip. Don't act French and hate a winner. LA inspires more people than you or I ever will. He has raised more $$ for cancer than any other selfish athlete. I am not saying you have to love him, but a get a grip and respect him. How many tours have you won? Can you TT over 50k an hour? Get a grip. It really makes me laugh. I love racing and watching racing. Just because you own a race bike it doesn't make you a real racer. I don't think most of you have an idea of how bad *** all of these riders are. Hate is a strong word. The guy is fast and impressive. Almost 40 years old and is still a complete bad ***. I am not saying he will win. But it looks like the tour is going to be fun to watch. I think Lance was right.... last year the tour was a joke compared to when he won. I love Carlos and think the way he won the tour was first class. I love bike racing. I respect bad asss racers. I only TT around 29.2mph for a 40k. Which doesn't suck but I am at least honest and realize that I can kick most racers butts and I am not even close to these guys. Just don’t' hate. Love the game. Respect the players. I have riders I love and riders I don't. But I watch as a FAN of the sport. If LA wins it will inspire millions to get off the couch and go ride! If Contador wins... it will inspire a few. I hope it is a great race and that the tour is exciting and fun to watch. So far it has been great. LA will probably keep us all tuned in.

A

Anonymous

^^^^Paragraphs would make your diatribe far easier to comprehend.

A

Anonymous

CircleJerkCaptain said:
^^^^Paragraphs would make your diatribe far easier to comprehend.

:D i dont have a certificate yet, but here, have a sticker..

Good_work_sticker.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS