• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LA: So unprofessional

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
already a thread on this topic, and another million on hating him :)

The "don't post duplicate threads" rule is automatically waived for any anti-Lance thread.

You will note the sound of crickets coming from all the forum nannies who are usually so put out by this sort of thing.

Mar 10, 2009
www.rolfraehansen.com
RhodriM said:
Quite. I'm sure most of us have been affected by cancer but I don't like being guilt-tripped into liking him.

Well said. Cancer has impacted greatly upon my life but I don't want to discuss it on a cycling forum. If threads that mention doping (some of which use that topic to attack Armstrong) have their own section of the forum then so should those that use cancer to defend Armstrong. Let's talk about cycling here.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
noonan said:
Epic Fail. And from the guy who threw out 'go watch vs. for 3 weeks' comment.

I admit I was really surprised by Astana's performance today, especially their time gap over Columbia. But I stand by the rest of my post that you did not quote. I do applaud your courage in posting on your main profile, however!

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
boalio said:
Lance is not a cure for cancer.

That comment is so obvious in its stupidity that it doesn't really warrant a response.However one thing is for sure, the millions he raises each year for research and education go a hell of a lot further towards helping find a cure than your sorry *** comments will.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
blitzracer said:
If LA wins it will inspire millions to get off the couch and go ride! If Contador wins... it will inspire a few. I hope it is a great race and that the tour is exciting and fun to watch. So far it has been great. LA will probably keep us all tuned in.

I think you are wrong, at least from a non-American perspective. He may get Americans off the couch and inspire them to buy a Trek bike, but his influence is not universal. Contador will inspire Spaniards, like he has done already. But then again most Europeans already ride in some capacity so there is no need for them to get off the couch because they're not sitting there anyway.

Bagster said:
That comment is so obvious in its stupidity that it doesn't really warrant a response.However one thing is for sure, the millions he raises each year for research and education go a hell of a lot further towards helping find a cure than your sorry *** comments will.

I am not criticizing Armstrong or the LiveStrong Foundation, but very little money raised by Armstrong goes towards cancer research. There are many more worthwhile organizations to donate to if you want your money to go to cancer research. LiveStrong is more designed to educate cancer patients of their options and empower them with the ability to make decisions about their treatment. While this is very important for individual patients, it is not attempting to find a cure. Just trying to put things in perspective.

May 19, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
I am not criticizing Armstrong or the LiveStrong Foundation, but very little money raised by Armstrong goes towards cancer research. There are many more worthwhile organizations to donate to if you want your money to go to cancer research. LiveStrong is more designed to educate cancer patients of their options and empower them with the ability to make decisions about their treatment. While this is very important for individual patients, it is not attempting to find a cure. Just trying to put things in perspective.

what good is a cure if you can't find it as patient? Also, the livestrong foundation puts politicians' feet to the fire publicly to allocate funds for cancer research. That is indirectly helping find a cure IMO.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
mambo#5 said:
what good is a cure if you can't find it as patient? Also, the livestrong foundation puts politicians' feet to the fire publicly to allocate funds for cancer research. That is indirectly helping find a cure IMO.

I think if you read my post you would realize that I stated that the goal of the LiveStrong Foundation is very important. I work in the field and empowering the individual to be involved in the decision making process on their treatment is enlightening. I don't underestimate the value of this, and this was obviously important for Lance's successful treatment as well.

However, facts are facts and LiveStrong is not that active in supporting cancer research (and hence finding a cure, if that is possible). You can create as many degrees of freedom as you want to claim that LiveStrong is funding cancer research and finding a cure, but you are deluding yourself if this is the reason you support the LiveStrong Foundation. If you want your money to go to cancer research, then there are many better organizations to donate to which specifically support this goal. If you want your money to support cancer sufferers and informing them of their treatment options, then LiveStrong Foundation is the organization for your donation.

A

Anonymous

this thread is redundant.. please use official lance thread.

mod please lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS