• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

La Vuelta Broadcast!

hbrown

BANNED
May 8, 2009
Visit site
Watch LA Vuelta a Espana (Tour of Spain) LIVE & FREE Aug. 29- Sept. 20 on Universal Sports. Top riders Ivan Basso, Alexander Vinokourov, Cadel Evans and more will be battling all September long for the Gold jersey. See the broadcast schedule, start list and more at the link below, every day will be LIVE on-line and slightly delayed on TV at 10 AM (ET) daily:

Watch LA Vuelta: http://www.universalsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23000&ATCLID=204770092

For TV information: http://www.universalsport.tv

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
This kind of blatant publicity spam should be a bannable offense. Especially given that's what every single one of his posts consist of.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
If he actually works for Universal, I would like him to chime in on some of the discussions we have (had) about cycling coverage in the US. Perhaps they could implement some of the changes/suggestions put forward here.

I wonder who they have as commentators...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
And if they can 'up' the quality of the broadcast, that would even be more awesome

Not that I am unhappy to get something at least, but one can always wish for more

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Universal Sports for showing the Vuelta. Here's a reminder for you...NO SPOILERS ON PAGES WITH LINKS TO ON DEMAND VIDEO PLEASE.

Not all of us can watch the live online broadcast and we want to be able to access the on demand video without knowing who won the stage.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
universal etc....

Hey the coverage on Universal is awesome, the sole comentator, British is quite smart and estuite. The boys @ Versus need their elastic snapped.... the elastic on their BVDs.

I have heard him on cycling TV and he and Bangsted Magnus are the best that I have ever heard in cycling excepting the Flemish.

Flemish and Dutch just sounds so hilareous to me I don't underrstand a word they say but it would be fun to be in the booth with them smoking and drinking.

hbrown said:
Watch LA Vuelta a Espana (Tour of Spain) LIVE & FREE Aug. 29- Sept. 20 on Universal Sports. Top riders Ivan Basso, Alexander Vinokourov, Cadel Evans and more will be battling all September long for the Gold jersey. See the broadcast schedule, start list and more at the link below, every day will be LIVE on-line and slightly delayed on TV at 10 AM (ET) daily:

Watch LA Vuelta: http://www.universalsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23000&ATCLID=204770092

For TV information: http://www.universalsport.tv

Thanks, if you are showering the forums with the link to the video or promos for univsports, I can see why others would complain, but thanks for the link.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
This kind of blatant publicity spam should be a bannable offense. Especially given that's what every single one of his posts consist of.

I don't really get it??:confused: hbrown is simply informing cycling fans of a link to watch the Vuelta, a cycling race.... I appreciate the information and do not see it as spam. Doe's anybody else really see this as spam?

A

Anonymous

why cant it just be "vuelta a espana" all this LA Vuelta sounds a bit silly..

hbrown

BANNED
May 8, 2009
Visit site
Spam?

I am not trying to spam anyone. Universal Sports is trying to help the sport of cycling by working our tails off to promote these races cycling fans can enjoy so we can bring more attention to the sport and try to raise the funds to get more cycling up on TV and the internet for FREE!

We do see your suggestions and we are trying to make imporvements, like any company they can't happen immediately and the spoilers issue is the biggest I am pushing for at the moment.

Thank you everyone who appreciates the links to the races, you are the dedicated and enthusiastic cyclist that drive us to keep working hard to we can push to provide more and higher quality cycling coverage.

And we shoudl be HD soon as we are moving to a new headquarters in the winter that will allow our productions crew to start doing everything in HD.

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
hbrown said:
I am not trying to spam anyone. Universal Sports is trying to help the sport of cycling by working our tails off to promote these races cycling fans can enjoy so we can bring more attention to the sport and try to raise the funds to get more cycling up on TV and the internet for FREE!

We do see your suggestions and we are trying to make imporvements, like any company they can't happen immediately and the spoilers issue is the biggest I am pushing for at the moment.

Thank you everyone who appreciates the links to the races, you are the dedicated and enthusiastic cyclist that drive us to keep working hard to we can push to provide more and higher quality cycling coverage.

And we shoudl be HD soon as we are moving to a new headquarters in the winter that will allow our productions crew to start doing everything in HD.
Well, there you go issoisso, The truth be known! It was a spam, of sorts.
The only point I'd like to make is that, as a couple of forum posters pointed out, they are glad to get the information. Hey, anything that can promote the exposure of the sport, especially on "free" TV and free online is a fantastic thing. And I will gladly forgive him/them their sins for "spamming" us a bit. After all, at least it wasn't an advert about free credit reports, or car insurance. It was about bike racing, and isn't that what we love???:)

I, personally, love the the station. It's everything ESPN wished it could be, but sold out on.:D

TRENDING THREADS