• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance and le tour... new book

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Earth Tribe

BANNED
Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
As expected, nothing.

There is nothing in that thread that supports your claim that "large part of the money from the .com site is ploughed back into the charity".

Someone who knows more about it than I do explained how it works.

A

Anonymous

lance-armstrong-douche.jpg

Palatial estate purchased with "cancer awareness": $27,000,000
Private Jet purchased with "cancer awareness": $9,600,000
Bagging and Olsen twin with the line "I am really into charity work": Priceless

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Earth Tribe said:

You do know how to cut and paste don't you? it should be easy for you to give us a link to support your claim.....or were you just trolling again?

A

Anonymous

Earth Tribe said:

The other guy on your group ride with the Trek Madone? (and the Discovery kit, "Livestrong" wristband, Oakley shades, and DVD collection of TdF wins)

Earth Tribe

BANNED
Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
The other guy on your group ride with the Trek Madone? (and the Discovery kit, "Livestrong" wristband, Oakley shades, and DVD collection of TdF wins)

I'm a Specialized man myself, just like Contador apparently now is. I've also just bought an Astana top I saw going cheap, knowing of course that LA is not riding for that team anymore and Contador still is. I have zero LiveStrong gear. I was interested in some sneakers, as you call them, but they don't sell them outside the US. :(

A

Anonymous

Earth Tribe said:
I'm a Specialized man myself, just like Contador apparently now is. I've also just bought an Astana top I saw going cheap, knowing of course that LA is not riding for that team anymore and Contador still is. I have zero LiveStrong gear. I was interested in some sneakers, as you call them, but they don't sell them outside the US. :(

There is a series of tubes called "the internet" that will help you with the shoes. Gotta love wearing cancer awareness on your feet.

Earth Tribe

BANNED
Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
You do know how to cut and paste don't you? it should be easy for you to give us a link to support your claim.....or were you just trolling again?

Do you have a link to the evidence that no money is ploughed back in? Or are you just trolling again?

Look, it was debated at length in that thread. If you want to understand it better then read it - I'm not going through 20 pages of it just for you.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Earth Tribe said:
Who said I was specifically refering to you? Maybe I was using your post to describe somebody else in close attendance? But it's funny you should use that terminology because I think it says more about the people who attack LA's charity than it says about him. I was going to say that.

Not rising to the inaccurate trollery in the rest of your post.
Because it is the second time you have referred to my posts this way in recent days-
Max Power said:
Doesn't this prove the hater charge? You've very meanspirited and spin the facts in the most negative light. It's very unfortunate. Anyhow bed time for me...

But by all means - show me something I wrote on here that is inaccurate and I will happily change it.

I am not trolling - you have run under these names at various times - TheArbiter, BanProCycling, UnBanProCycling,BritishProCycling, Sproket01.

Earth Tribe said:
Do you have a link to the evidence that no money is ploughed back in? Or are you just trolling again?

Look, it was debated at length in that thread. If you want to understand it better then read it - I'm not going through 20 pages of it just for you.

A link to a previous forum thread, where you in an earlier Troll incarnation, attempted unsuccessfully to prove the same thing you are not proving now is hardly compelling evidence. But nice try.

Earth Tribe

BANNED
Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati, the bit about derailing threads, trolling and having sock puppets was inaccurate of course. But you guys know that. We've been through this endless times. Putting a counter argument is not derailing a thread or trolling. You guys say that it is so because you know it gets me banned. It's a strategy of yours - a tried and tested strategy. All you have to do it pretend I troll, disrupt the thread yourself by insulting me, and you know I will be blamed for your own disruption and banned.

And then, of course, if I highlight this strategy of yours I get accused of playing the victim. Needless to say, if you guys got banned for underhand reasons half a dozen times then one suspects you would object to this.

But hell, don't worry about me. I'm okay. :cool:

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Earth Tribe said:

Earth Tribe - you wrote this
Earth Tribe said:
On the other thread about this it was explained that a large part of the money from the .com site is ploughed back into the charity and this is simply a way of doing this.
so if you wish to be taken seriously than you should back that up.

And Race Radio never said that "no money is ploughed back in" - you want to be careful of that as misrepresenting what someone says is considered trolling.

A

Anonymous

Crap, I started replying to BPC!!! I swear, someone needs to write a forum software that will block people like that. Well, as I always say, if you ignore him, he will die on the vine. You guys will never listen to me, will you?

Earth Tribe

BANNED
Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
There you go. It was on the first page. He gives grants and stuff....

Originally Posted by Dominar
I am so sick of the negativity on this website that I finally had to register just to say, please do a little research before you spout off: BBB Wise Giving Alliance Report on Armstrong Foundation

-------------
LAF provides grants for cancer survivorship research; grants to community organizations; delivery of cancer survivorship education and support services; and grants to survivorship centers at academic medical institutions. In addition, LAF also focuses on building partnerships with other national organizations and individuals to enlist them in the fight to establish high quality services and policies benefiting those affected by cancer. LIVESTRONG® Young Adult Alliance works to improve the survival rates and quality of life for young adults living with cancer. LIVESTRONG® Survivorship Center of Excellence Network is an initiative to create and maintain a network of survivorship centers that fosters collaboration to increase the impact in cancer survivorship. LAF funds programs initiated at community-centered non-profit organizations and agencies that cover topics such as general cancer survivorship education and support, physical activity, exercise and nutrition for cancer survivors, and pain, palliative and end-of-life care. LIVESTRONG® SurvivorCare provides cancer survivors with information, referrals, case management and patient navigation, allowing them to more effectively identify and address critical cancer-related issues and communicate with their health care team. The program assists cancer survivors in managing the physical, emotional and practical aspects of their cancer experience, including psychosocial support, patient navigation services, and matching to cancer clinical trials.

For the year ended December 31, 2006, LAF's program expenses were:

Public Health 11,098,982
Research 8,035,278
Survivorship 5,872,613
Advocacy 2,972,994
Grants management 671,575
Volunteers 499,752
Total Program Expenses: $29,151,194

-------------
I work with charities as part of my job, and BBB Wise is a reliable reporting service. If you care to look, LAF's tax returns are also available online through Guidestar (another industry service; free registration) and will confirm that LA is one of LAF's 15 directors and receives $0 compensation for his time. Even if he wanted to take $ from the Foundation, it would lose its tax-exempt status if it benefited him personally.

So, by all means, continue your LA-hatefest all you want, but please don't be blind about it and disparage a very worthwhile organization

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Earth Tribe said:
Dr. Maserati, the bit about derailing threads, trolling and having sock puppets was inaccurate of course. But you guys know that. We've been through this endless times. Putting a counter argument is not derailing a thread or trolling. You guys say that it is so because you know it gets me banned. It's a strategy of yours - a tried and tested strategy. All you have to do it pretend I troll, disrupt the thread yourself by insulting me, and you know I will be blamed for your own disruption and banned.

And then, of course, if I highlight this strategy of yours I get accused of playing the victim. Needless to say, if you guys got banned for underhand reasons half a dozen times then one suspects you would object to this.

But hell, don't worry about me. I'm okay. :cool:

Are you saying the different usernames I gave are inaccurate - please let me know which is wrong and I will fix it.

You rarely put forth a counter arguement - you do as you have done on this thread, make a claim that you cant back up and then misrepresent what other posters have written.

You have just posted a piece explaining where the money from the LAF goes - your original arguement was that their is a piece saying that "a large part of the .com money goes to the LAF"!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Dr. Maserati said:
Are you saying the different usernames I gave are inaccurate - please let me know which is wrong and I will fix it.

You rarely put forth a counter arguement - you do as you have done on this thread, make a claim that you cant back up and then misrepresent what other posters have written.

You have just posted a piece explaining where the money from the LAF goes - your original arguement was that their is a piece saying that "a large part of the .com money goes to the LAF"!!!!!

I have it on very good authority that this person who uses multiple names, many IP's, and continues to troll here is mentally ill. You cannot deal rationally with someone like that. I promise that if we ignore him, he will eventually go away. He must live in a complex with many wireless routers he can use and hack. I feel sorry for the people who live near him, as I am sure he conducts illegal activity through their IP's.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Earth Tribe said:

You really need to stop making these wild claims or you are going to be banned again. I never said that no money went to the .org. I did say there is NO evidence of Large sums, something you have been unable to support.

The fact that you are once again unable to support another of your wild claims show you are more interested in conflict then discussion. You may want to get another IP address ready.

Earth Tribe

BANNED
Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

Sock puppets is using different names at the same time of course. You know this but repeatedly claim I have sock puppets.

By the way, are you good at anagrams? :D

I think it would be difficult to argue I misrepresented what RR wrote. I was challenging his view that one ultimately has to be a troll because they don't have link.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Earth Tribe said:
NO - neither of your posts explain what you wrote earlier....
Earth Tribe said:
On the other thread about this it was explained that a large part of the money from the .com site is ploughed back into the charity and this is simply a way of doing this.

So again - have you a link or not to support your claim that 'a large part of the money' goes to the charity?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Earth Tribe said:

Thanks for proving my point, from this post.

DM running the website and keeping any ad revenue generated

There is no mention of the amount of ownership the .org received out of the deal. There is no mention of the .com "Ploging large amounts back into the .com" IN fact just the opposite. If it was "Large" as you have claimed then we can all agree that this would have been mentioned, but it wasn't. We should all know for sure next year when they file a 10Q, but I doubt it will be over 5%

TRENDING THREADS