• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Armstrong's Secret Weapon

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
I got the latest Armstrong book about his comeback. It is mostly just pictures. Some are pictures of him training in Austin, lifting weights, doing pushups, and rhino lifts (huge weights you use your shoulders to raise). Then, there is his secret weapon, breakfast. In the picture is a large jar. Lance says he eats it for breakfast always.

My first thought was "I have got to try this." My second thought was (if you have seen Mean Girls...there is a scene where the one girl tricks the other into eating Swedish 'diet bars', which are actually weight gain bars.) So is this real or is it another media trick? Is Lance too old to care if we learn some of his secrets?

Train for a week or two with "Nutella" and let me know. (It is an italian hazlenut butter with sugar and choclate. A favorite of Giada DiLorentis as well.)
lance-armstrong_Yxx1.jpg

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TShame said:
I got the latest Armstrong book about his comeback. It is mostly just pictures. Some are pictures of him training in Austin, lifting weights, doing pushups, and rhino lifts (huge weights you use your shoulders to raise). Then, there is his secret weapon, breakfast. In the picture is a large jar. Lance says he eats it for breakfast always.

My first thought was "I have got to try this." My second thought was (if you have seen Mean Girls...there is a scene where the one girl tricks the other into eating Swedish 'diet bars', which are actually weight gain bars.) So is this real or is it another media trick? Is Lance too old to care if we learn some of his secrets?

Train for a week or two with "Nutella" and let me know. (It is an italian hazlenut butter with sugar and choclate. A favorite of Giada DiLorentis as well.)

I stopped reading after this. :p

A

Anonymous

I stopped reading about...

Lance Armstrongs secre..... < here

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Judging by some of the die hard Lance fans that continue to post here, a picture book might be right up their intellectual alley.:D

I am not sure if the OP is being serious or just messing with all of us.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I was in Radio shack today. I saw the book and yellow wrist bands. Didn't look in the book or buy it.

I WAS elated to see that they no longer ask for your address and phone number while paying and act like it is a must to purchase their goods. All in all, a good experience for a change. The boss has that house in order.

A

Anonymous

LA's "secret" is that he foolishly kept lifting weights halfway into November 2008 so he could supply those photos for zealots, minions, and possibly French prisoners who wait in anticipation. He had too much upper body mass at the time he decided to race again, and he kept building it until the workout photo shoot (sorry, used to be a fan & blogger). Since the loss of upper body mass gets part of the credit for his Tour wins, if racing was his top priority, he would have stopped lifting in August when he decided to come back. Everything after that must have been vanity, like the film crew and personal race photographer.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Now that's a good point swordsman.Lance Armstrong was the only man in the top 5 in this years tour,who had a biceps and triceps that you would be proud off.

He is carrying too much muscle and his bike looks to big for him!I think he is useing look pedals this year,that will be interesting.LA is a smart man and he will be lighter and fitter in 2010.

Roadhouse

BANNED
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:
Judging by some of the die hard Lance fans that continue to post here, a picture book might be right up their intellectual alley.:D

I am not sure if the OP is being serious or just messing with all of us.

the picture book is him simplifying his dominance for all the intelectual dimwits.

do or don't, it's pretty damn simple.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
What Lance faild to explain is how he has the Nutella. He uses it as chamous cream. Rubbed all over you it greatly cuts down friction. Nasty mess on the sheets.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
its all about peanut butter and honey for me.
I keep both in my house, but prefer PB on a spoon more so than Nutella. PB works wonders for getting in the blood stream quickly and providing the much desired quick burst of energy.

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
TShame said:

Interesting to see a two peices of core equipment there for his ab work.

I'll leave it too Brucey...

"My Strength comes from the Abdomen. It’s the centre of gravity and the source of real power" - Bruce Lee –

Pioneer.

Go Lance. I know you didn't cheat.

Just this forum is overrun with haters with no lifes.

TRENDING THREADS