• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance being Lance

Red Rick said:
If I were him i would spend some time with my family. What does he have to proof, he can only loose, or get caught if he's stupid.

He has been doping for his entire adult life. Everything that he is, everything that he has, is due to cheating. He doesn't know anything else. It has become a way of life, and there have always been people who delight in him getting away with it.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
and you're the expert at how to cross a finishline? i seriously doubt you EVER seen one from a competitive standpoint.
some of you clowns seem to think its life and death whatever lance does. heres a tip; the world keeps turning!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
danjo007 said:
and you're the expert at how to cross a finishline? i seriously doubt you EVER seen one from a competitive standpoint.
some of you clowns seem to think its life and death whatever lance does. heres a tip; the world keeps turning!

Not entirely sure whether you are including me in that for my comment but the fact is that his daughter has probably been standing there at the finishline for hours to cheer him on and be there to support him and he just ignored her.

Nothing to do with anything else that Lance may or may not have done in his career - not interested in discussing any of that - just looking at this one event in isolation: Its the action of a self-absorbed scumbag. He clearly won't remember or care about it in the future - but she will.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
danjo007 said:

this from the guy who defends Wonderboy with every post

Here is another view
http://www.sbnation.com/cycling/2012/4/1/2918205/lance-armstrong-video-ironman-finish-line-results

Plenty of energy to slap high fives but nothing for your Daughter, Son and smoking hot girlfriend?

Dad! Dad!

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
im not wonderboy, and im not pro-lance, nor am i obsessed with following his every action in his day-day life analysing, critiquing, and general rubbish comments designed to give yourself and a few here a laugh.
no one really cares, and its you few dillusional people here who seem to think the entire world agrees with your theories and assumptions.

Martin318is said:
Not entirely sure whether you are including me in that for my comment but the fact is that his daughter has probably been standing there at the finishline for hours to cheer him on and be there to support him and he just ignored her.

Nothing to do with anything else that Lance may or may not have done in his career - not interested in discussing any of that - just looking at this one event in isolation: Its the action of a self-absorbed scumbag. He clearly won't remember or care about it in the future - but she will.

You hit it right on the head Martin! I think I posted the same sentiment over in the Lance Case Dropped ...blah blah thread. His poor daughter must have been so excited and planned this for him at the finish and waited for hours.
Inexcusable and immature behavior for any parent.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
so; how do you know that his daughter was there for "hours" waiting? would she not have been rushed into the finish just before he did finish, as she would have been (AND WAS) watching from the run course sidelines. so where are you facts apart from a 2 second clip off youtube?

danjo007 said:
so; how do you know that his daughter was there for "hours" waiting? would she not have been rushed into the finish just before he did finish, as she would have been (AND WAS) watching from the run course sidelines. so where are you facts apart from a 2 second clip off youtube?

For one thing I was a girl her age once and I have an idea that it was not a casual gesture that just 'happened' to fall into place.

Have you ever been a daughter??

And I guess I can turn the 'expert' opinion mode over to you since you so want to vehemently 'make it all right' for Lance.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
danjo007 said:

Don't know if she was there for hours, but she was screaming "Dad, Dad!" as he blew past her.

really, it is not a big deal. He has far more important things to deal with. Searching for a cure for cancer, auditioning new dancers at the Yellow Rose, trolling forums.